What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

This is not TT related but, Ididn't realise you still work for the NHS.
I thought you were full time CDC. How do you manage to fit it all in? or do you do CDCing in the hosp? I'm told there are some that work out of surgeries/clinics etc.

Good luck at getting through to GP between 8.50 & 9.00.
Sounds like the mass/collection needs looking at/dealing with.

Frankly,it's a daft appointments system,though I usually try to leave politics off this site. I'm just glad that our little Gp surgery didn't go over to this system to comply with the 'appt in 24 hrs' initiative.

Work full time as an IT manager in the NHS and then full time in the evenings and weekends as a CDC. Jo is a full time CDC now so sees people in the days when I am work. The one good thing about having all this time doing nothing is that I get time to plan etc so planning on becoming an NLP practitioner and looking at life coaching and giving up the security of my NHS job in the next 6 months.

Excellent managed to get through to the doctors at 5 to 9 and have an appointment for 11am which is good, problem is that if they send me back to the hospital in Norwich I have no way of getting there!! Anyway one hurdle at a time...

Well you've got your hobby horse,that should be ok.

Is it too far for a taxi?

Showing my ignorance now, but what's a NLP Practitioner?

It is only about a 5 minute walk (well 20 minute with the speed I am walking) but not that far so I shall be fine.

NLP --> Neuro-Linguistic Programming, a therapeutic process which enables you to break old patterns and generate unlimited potential using posture, breathing, specific exercises, awareness and communication skills.

Get well soon!!!

Hope all goes well at the doctors...i am sure it will we are all sending you lots of positive energy!!!!

You make e feel a real whinger over things that are not half as painfull and are a real inspiration...thank you!!!

I will be on later to see if you are ok.

Marie

OK just got back from the doctors, she says there is a large haematoma but even larger water pocket round it which she thinks needs sorting urgently. She is calling the plastic surgeon now to find out whether I need to be readmitted (god no!!) or whether she is allowed to drain it herself with a needle (god no!!) or finally whether they will just monitor it closely for the next few days and hope it goes down (sounds good to me!!)

Oh no Mike

What a big fat trauma you are having what with the pain, aliens with a heart beat growing on you !!! Drains and surgery and nurses with telegraph poles for needles

Poor You

Dont apologise for being a moaner, we all know that in a former life you were Victor Meldrew Tee Hee. You will be fighting fit mentally and physically very soon and then you will love your flat new Tummy and it will all be worthwhile

Your NLP sounds fab ~ I need it big time (then again don't we all!!!)

Ps keep quoting you are cheering me up when at work. Its horrible our company is going into liquidation ~ very tense. Oh No Hold on I nearly moaned Tee Hee

Keep your spirits up !!!!

Thanks Shaza.

Well the GP just phoned me back, I have to go back to the hospital tomorrow afternoon and they will either do a quick drain with a needle, will do a minor op to put a proper drain in or invite me back in for a couple of days and put a drain back in, I intend to beg for the "do it now" as I don't want the associated risks of going back into hospital in terms of MRSA etc but at the end of the day I will do what I am told!!

Just to add to that the left hand dog ear is about 200 degrees hot and I am worried that it is infected :-(

On a positive note though the GP said the actual scar was one of the cleanest she had ever seen!

Aww Mike sorry to hear you're suffering, I really hope it gets sorted as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Hope all goes well tomorrow Mike - sorry to jump in - I've done my NLP training - it's amazing how naturally it comes to you and I think it would be a really good combination with life coaching.

Anyhoo, good luck
Christine

Really looking forward to doing the training, I have all the audio and coursework to go through (actually listening to it right now!), also going to be doing hypnotherapy and also time line to very excited as something new for me to develop into. Was at the recommendation of our own Diva on here who has trained with the same company and so far more than pleased, the pack I got had a free MP3 player with all the audio on it so was listening to it at the GP's which is why I didn't hear them call me LMAO!

awww bless ya Mike, your going through the mill a bit arnt you, right i am the biggest wuss of all and would ignore my own advice LOL, BUT dont you ignore me......get it drained man LOL, seriously take on board what they say and take the best route, even of its a night or 2 in hosp!!!!!
Hopefully they can drain it straight away though with a needle, and ask about whether it would be a good idea to have a course of antibiotics, you may not need them, but i am sure they will supply if you do.
Take care
Michelle

Mike hope all goes well today xxxx

Day 23 - Off to the hospital!!

Well packed my bags in case they readmit me but hoping that they won't and that I am about later as I can't go back in as it will just do my head in.

Slept ok last night apart from I woke up with a dead arm (had somehow pinned it under me) so dove out of bed and then got the "oh my god my stomach hurts" thing as I had dived up like a man possesed. Anyway scared Jo to bits but we both went back to sleep.

Right am off to get a good shower as I want to smell nice when I get there!!! also got to shave my head and chin as I look like someone who hasn't washed for a year.

Back