What happens when you have a tummy tuck?

Woke up this morning in pain, kind of getting used to it now as been 4 weeks since the operation and apart from the night I got drunk it has pretty much hurt 24/7 and I am definately tiring of it.

I went to work yesterday to just say hello and the girls said that I looked very down and wasn't my normal jokey self, I said it is hard to laugh and tell jokes when you feel like your midriff is going to blow open as it is so tight.

But anyway!! Got to wait until tomorrow but at least the relief is quick as once he/she drains it then the feeling subsides (at least for a while) so looking forward to that.

Put my compression thing on this morning but lasted 20 minutes, it is just too uncomfortable until the swelling is drained so will wear them religiously from tomorrow when they have done the deed.

Awww no, hope the problems your having get better.

Chin up Mucker xx

Mike,I know I haven't had a TT, but know how you feel painwise, I am in agony at the mo, where they have stitched me up, feels like they have attached the skin to muscle, so everytime I get up and down it hurts, but I too am going to get checked tomorrow so will point it out to them.Keep your chin up Mike, not too long and you will be saying what a fantastic job they have done (promise you it will happen!!)..Love

hope you feel better soon, sounds like your having a really tough time x

Houston we have a problem!!

Been more active today and popped into work but I now have a problem, have felt more and more during the day like my belt was being tightened and tightened and then at 3pm had a look, the haematoma I have had drained has filled right back up and feels like it has it's own heart.

Anyway got to now go back to the hospital and have it drained yet again on Friday morning, also have a very sharp bit come up on the left edge of the scar which they want to look at is if I touch it I scream as it is more than tender.

So now sitting on the sofa, can't wear any support pants as just so uncomfortable so have put back on the pyjamas and feel like I am going backwards not forwards!!

Should never have had this done..... :-(

Awww Bless ya Mike, you really seem to having a rough ride with this TT. Chin up honey i'm sure you'll think differently once you're all nicely healed....

4mjfeo4.gif

Hope you're feeling happier soon.....xxx

Well have been over at the hospital all day, have been a pin cushion in a big way as they have pushed white needles in my stomach from all angles (and I mean all angles!!), they tried in the middle, from the side, up from the groin, down through the new belly button but they can't get anymore fluid out, they are now not sure if it is fluid but a build up of scar tissue and want to monitor it and if it is I might need an apronectomy (sp?) in a few months to remove it!! BLOODY MARVELLOUS!!

I asked what to do as I can't wear trousers as they are so painful and he said that he couldn't do anything until the swelling was totally gone so they could be sure what the problem is.

So generally not very happy and very very sore down below now so dosed up on tramadol and going to sit on the sofa and be a grumpy git....

Oh no, that's no what you wanted to hear. Is that a common complication ?
Really hope the pain goes soon and it reduces by itself.

:hug99:

Oh Mike I really feel for you babes. I guess this was just about the furthest thing from your mind when you decided on the TT.

I know its easily said, but do keep that chin up, and know that those of us whom you have always supported so well, are really feeling for you and wishing you well.

I hope that in a few short weeks you will be almost back to normal, and singing the praises of your new streamlined tum.

Love and hugs, Mike. xxx

Well have been over at the hospital all day, have been a pin cushion in a big way as they have pushed white needles in my stomach from all angles (and I mean all angles!!), they tried in the middle, from the side, up from the groin, down through the new belly button but they can't get anymore fluid out, they are now not sure if it is fluid but a build up of scar tissue and want to monitor it and if it is I might need an apronectomy (sp?) in a few months to remove it!! BLOODY MARVELLOUS!!
Oh no! how rotten.
Also I'm confused now. I thought you'd had an apronectomy already?
I asked what to do as I can't wear trousers as they are so painful and he said that he couldn't do anything until the swelling was totally gone so they could be sure what the problem is.
That's easy..,wear loose fitting dresses.
So generally not very happy and very very sore down below now so dosed up on tramadol and going to sit on the sofa and be a grumpy git....
hope being the GG bit helps. It does seem to have gone on a long time.

Apparently an apronectomy is a mini tummy tuck which is just the middle bit, to be fair he said for now lets just hope that it settles down and if it is scar and fatty tissue that it breaks down and sods off.

We've got people coming to view the house today as we are selling so I am being "dumped" in town with the kids at lunchtime for 3 hours so hopefully will be ok, some fresh air might do us all some good.

Have a good day all!

oh no how awful i hope it settles down and you don't need any further operations!

thankyou for sharing a detailed account of your operation, it gives those of us wanting one a fantastic insight into the op
its good to see what we will be letting ourself in for warts and all

hope you feel better soon

sam xx

Oh Icemoose.....you are really going through the wars with this... I automatically suck in my tummy when reading this thread! Really hope it settles down soon and you see the results of all your pain and suffering....thanks for sharing it all so honestly with us.....magnetic reading......take care Bea

How did the viewing go Mike?

Hope you didn't tire yourself out too much in town today. Sorry to hear about your setback re the possible apronectomy, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything settles down for you.

Take care,

Back