What if I dont eat anything?

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant
Just wondered what everyones views are on this on a DD. It's 5 oclock and Im not hungry and haven't been all day.:) I have had some pepsi max to cure my sweet tooth but thats it. I'm also the kind of person that when I eat I have to have more.:rolleyes: It seems like if I don't trigger my food response then I can easily go with out.
Would you go without if you could? Thanks

oh hunnie dont do it i was like that once and i became so ill it took me an hour to eat one small ritz biscuit and i was shaking and this was only due to my mom and sister finding out i was not eating and i must admit yes the time i did it for i lost a fair amount of weight then it all piled back on and some more and now i am so large i need a bypass do it the sensible way hun you have to eat or your body thinks it is being starved and calls on reserve fat then when you eat it replaces the reserve it used and adds extra to it. eat and exercise is the best way. i understand you do not want to start that circle of i have eaten now i cant stop but try and eat a healthy meal then fill up with water after to stop the hunger feeling as after 10 minutes or so your brain realises you have eaten and the hunger goes. hope this is helpful to you.
Lisa xxx

On the juddd plan we eat 'normally' one day then have no more than 500 cals on the next day. It's these days jelly is refering too, and yes jelly it's fine to have a total fast on your dd if you can. In fact that's how this plan was designed to be used, but the fact is a lot of people couldn't stick to no food at all, so that's why they did the 20% day :) But if you don't want to eat on your dd that's fine :D

This is a hard one isn't it? I have felt on my DD's great until I start to eat which is normally just about lunch time. Then I feel hungry for the rest of the day. I may try a total fast day. Wouldn't worry doing this diet as the next day does not have the same dilemma!!! Just enjoy. I don't see anyone getting obsessed with DD's as there is always an UD to look forward to and I think we all do look forward to it.

Thanks wonnabe thank you for sharing your story. Your family sound like a great support. I can see where you are coming from. I hope your operation goes well. Wont be long until slimville.

As Striky said though the diet I am on is devised to have an Up eating day and Down eating day.

Thanks Strirky and Emmasmum, Its nearly 7 and Im still not hungry (obviously the Dominos worked.) Ill check in later x

I think personally its wise to have something. I know I am doing the diet too so I understand more than anyone about losing weight. I have stones to lose but I think not eating all day is not good for you. It really is not. Your body will go into starvation mode and store all the food you eat tomorrow. I have studied anatomy and physiology at a high level for my degree and the body needs on a daily basis in order for organs to function and just keep you ticking over 1200 cals so the fact its reduced to 500 is stretching it.

Just wanted to advise but you do as you please chuck xxxx

This is really a strange one. I agree mum of one, but I honestly dont feel hungry. I have listened alot more carefully to my body today and I have had no hunger signals at all. It may be because last night I was stuffed (not on purpose though.) Surely my body would send signals if it was needing food.
I have just thought I had milk in my tea.
Actually Stirky that rings a bell, didnt KD mention it in another post? May only last another half and hour and it could hit me:confused: I really do need to buy the book!

I see what your saying mum of one, but I thought on this diet you weren't likely to go into starvation mode? I thought with the normal day the next day it kept your metabolism up? I haven't got the book tho just going by what Karenlou has said and what's on the website.

Yes I think both KD and Karenlou have mentioned about fasting on dds.

If Karenlou pops on sure she'll answer this question lol.

This is really a strange one. I agree mum of one, but I honestly dont feel hungry. I have listened alot more carefully to my body today and I have had no hunger signals at all. It may be because last night I was stuffed (not on purpose though.) Surely my body would send signals if it was needing food.
I have just thought I had milk in my tea.
Actually Stirky that rings a bell, didnt KD mention it in another post? May only last another half and hour and it could hit me:confused: I really do need to buy the book!

Been sitting here thinking about it so went had had a look through some of my reference books and I personally think as long as you have consumed lots of liquids today it will be fine. I mean after all there are times when we get ill that we dont eat some days? I know last yr I had terrible tonsilitis and I didnt eat for about 5 days but I drunk so this does happen.

You may find you wake up in night famished. God I hate it when that happens.

Make sure you eat lots of fruit and veg tom too eh matey.

Keep going - I am finding today hard!

I see what your saying mum of one, but I thought on this diet you weren't likely to go into starvation mode? I thought with the normal day the next day it kept your metabolism up? I haven't got the book tho just going by what Karenlou has said and what's on the website.

Yes I think both KD and Karenlou have mentioned about fasting on dds.

If Karenlou pops on sure she'll answer this question lol.

Ello

I just sent a reply in another posting save typing it all again :)

I think I am just a worrier about things like this. Just the nutrition aspect.

Have a good eve xx

Yes I think this diet has the potential to be done very badly, people eating a lot of rubbish on up days and not using calories sensibly on down days. But I think as long as we are all sensible opting for healthy and nutrious, we'll be fine. Also I think this diet could be taken to the extreme with somebody eating less than 2000 cals on an up day which could also be bad for them. But planned well I think it's all great.

We all have to be careful what we eat and make sure we're getting the right amounts of everything, and I know I eat an awful lot better than I used to! :eek: I used to be shocking at times the stuff I would eat, and the stuff I wouldn't for that fact!

Hope you're having a good day, keep going and think of tomorrow!

Hi all, just reading through the thread and my thoughts are to keep it simple. By which I mean have up to your 20% cals on a DD and upto the cal limit for your UD.

Hiya everyone, Jelly did you make it through the night without the hungry monster rumbling away? I hate that so much. I sometimes get it around 3.00 am! So I go and drink a big glass of water and then I need a wee about 20 mins later when I have gone back to sleep! Doh!

UD Rule!!!!!

Ha lol I usually have to wee in the night too lol! Although sometimes I can't be bothered to get up and end up desperate about an hour later lol!

Well no hunger pains of tummy rumbles at all. the only thing was I woke up about 4am and just couldn't settle it just kept playing on my mind when I shut my eyes for some reason. Half an hour later and got up and had some toast. Went back to be and flaked out.
Even this morning I didnt eat untill 12. Again today I'm just not hungry. I'm hoping this diet have turned off my hunger gene lol.....I wish.

Well I was really looking forward to my breakfast this morning. Usually stay in bed til about 8am on a Sunday, but was up at 7am to have breakfast lol!

hahhaha this is so funny. Strange how it affects the hunger. I can say I have had none of this. Still ravenous all the time ha ha ha what a greedy cow!!!

No, I haven't felt like that either. On a DD and constantly thinking about food. Was at a sponsored walk and fun day today so walked about 3 miles (I think!) had a black coffee when we got back to the hall and averted my eyes from all the cakes/scones!
Having said that I didn't have that much yesterday on my UD. Probably 'cause I knew that I could have what I wanted. Bought a bar of Galaxy cookie (never seen this before) but haven't touched it. (yet!)
Maybe the not hungry thing will kick in soon - I haven't finished my first week yet so still have time. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Ooh! Don't mention galaxy cookie! I used to eat far too much of that! It's gorgeous :)

Back