what if I don't finish my shake? will I go into starvation mode?

sophia-jo

Silver Member
hiya, this may sound silly, but I really don't know the answer to this...

I find most of the shakes pretty disgusting, and am currently trying to drink a hot CHOCOLATE shake, yuk, I really don't like it.

I'm on day 6 of ss and wonder if i dont finish my shakes, (maybe just one or 2 through out the week) will I go into starvation mode and hold on to my fat with having less cals than I should??

Hi Sophie Jo,

I dont think its mainly the starvation mode the is the problem, its the fact you arent getting all your vitamins and minerals that are needed from the shakes.

For many days I lived on Chocolate mint shakes as it was the only ones I could have without retching, but then as my tastes changed I found I could have more.

Have you tried the chocolate or banana tetra bricks, and also try the choc and choc mint crushed with ice.

If you like coffee then put a spoon of coffee in the vanilla one to see if thats better for you.

I could have cried in my first week of CD, the shakes seemed so alien in taste, but within a couple of weeks I was fine, the only one I could never stomach in the end was tomato, thats evil!!!!!!!!!!

Split the shakes too, smaller ones maybe easier to finish, there are 4 teaspoons to half a pack.

Good Luck x

Have you tried the Soups or the Tetras?

I'm not a big fan of the shakes so at the moment i'm having a choc tetra in the morning, soup for lunch, another for dinner then a bar/shake on alternate nights.

I've also got some mix-a-mouse to try out and see if i can have the shakes that way :)

Hi I also hate most of them - but the choc tetras are easy and fast to drink - and I quite like the spicy tomato with lots of black pepper and tabasco sauce - its a bit gritty but tastes ok. Someone else said treat it like medicine and maybe that would help.... but I agree with the others - your tastes will probably change and you will probably end up liking things you consider rank at the moment - and go right off things you liked at the beginning..... Good luck!

Hi I also hate most of them - but the choc tetras are easy and fast to drink - and I quite like the spicy tomato with lots of black pepper and tabasco sauce - its a bit gritty but tastes ok. Someone else said treat it like medicine and maybe that would help.... but I agree with the others - your tastes will probably change and you will probably end up liking things you consider rank at the moment - and go right off things you liked at the beginning..... Good luck!

Mrs Pink, I love your avatar:D
I do actually call my shakes etc... and even my water 'my medicine' especially to my dd who is just 2 1/2 yrs old. I do feel that the shakes etc are my medicine and that I am on the road to recovery, it's a good way of looking at it.
I had one choc. tetra from the carton which was ok but rather concentrated... then last night I had one frozen and could only stomach half of it then felt ill for the rest of the night til the early hours til I fell asleep, so....erm, I have one choc tetra left, I'll check out the recipes for some inspiration on that one. I am looking forward to being able to have the bars.. after week 2 I believe so one week to go:eek:

Have you tried the Soups or the Tetras?

I'm not a big fan of the shakes so at the moment i'm having a choc tetra in the morning, soup for lunch, another for dinner then a bar/shake on alternate nights.

I've also got some mix-a-mouse to try out and see if i can have the shakes that way :)

I like the chicken and mushroom soup (only had 2 of them) will get some in my packs tonight (1st weigh in).

I only have choc tetras and I use half of one in a mug then top up with hot water, I like them like that better than cold ..... but then again we all have differnt tastes?

Hi Sophie Jo,

I dont think its mainly the starvation mode the is the problem, its the fact you arent getting all your vitamins and minerals that are needed from the shakes.

For many days I lived on Chocolate mint shakes as it was the only ones I could have without retching, but then as my tastes changed I found I could have more.

Have you tried the chocolate or banana tetra bricks, and also try the choc and choc mint crushed with ice.

If you like coffee then put a spoon of coffee in the vanilla one to see if thats better for you.

I could have cried in my first week of CD, the shakes seemed so alien in taste, but within a couple of weeks I was fine, the only one I could never stomach in the end was tomato, thats evil!!!!!!!!!!

Split the shakes too, smaller ones maybe easier to finish, there are 4 teaspoons to half a pack.

Good Luck x

gonna get some banana tetras tonight, see what they are like. Don't much like the choc. one.:eek:
I'll try my best to finish the drinks, tried splitting them a couple of times, may try again.
thanks again guys, your replies are so appreciated.
xxx good luck to all of you too xxx

I only have choc tetras and I use half of one in a mug then top up with hot water, I like them like that better than cold ..... but then again we all have differnt tastes?

I may try that with my last one. cheers Missymoo x

I do the same as missymoo with my Tetra, it tastes a bit like options hot choc, and cos your splitting it you get to have 2 cups instead of one :D

Good luck for tonight at your weigh in :)

my first week i cried non stop i hated everything ,but i got on to choc tetras and thai chili soup ,that is all ill have unless im using mix a moose

i think its trial and error just keep trying till you find the ones you like

only problem with not having all of the packs is you wont get your daily allowance of vits and minerals so that's not to good for you but i sometimes miss a shake completely as i forget and im still ok just don't do it often

my first week i cried non stop i hated everything ,but i got on to choc tetras and thai chili soup ,that is all ill have unless im using mix a moose

i think its trial and error just keep trying till you find the ones you like

only problem with not having all of the packs is you wont get your daily allowance of vits and minerals so that's not to good for you but i sometimes miss a shake completely as i forget and im still ok just don't do it often

Hi honey-dd, I have just had to drink a strawberry shake, couldnt finish it :( I liked it the 1st couple of times, that was just my 3rd time and I hated it. I will try the banana tetra as I think the choc one is tooo concentrated, maybe I need to dilute it. I like the chicken and mushroom soup at the moment, I've had it twice, I think a couple of the soups I have had are very powderry and have a burny taste to them, not had the thai one though.

P.S. well done with the weight loss :)

Hi Sophia jo, just wanted to say good luck for your weigh in.

thank you ,and i must say if thats you on your aviator you look lovely xx

ditto honey, you look gorgeous.

It is me in my avatar, 4 years ago on my wedding day, I'm about 2 1/2 stone lighter there and always look better head on as my BELLY IS HUUUUUUUUGE!!! lol

Hi Sophia jo, just wanted to say good luck for your weigh in.

aww thank you Sarah, I'm nervous, I know I've not lost as much as I'd have liked (been on and off my own scales) and with feeling groggy on and off (mostly on) and also not enjoying my shakes I don't know if CD is worth it. I'll see how much I lose and take it from there.

I just need to find some shakes and soups that I like, preferably more than one so I don't get bored and give up.

thanks Sarah, I hope to post when I get back with my results. thanks for the good luck wishes xxx

ditto honey, you look gorgeous.

It is me in my avatar, 4 years ago on my wedding day, I'm about 2 1/2 stone lighter there and always look better head on as my BELLY IS HUUUUUUUUGE!!! lol

well if i look as good as you on my wedding day i will be over the moon if you want a cd buddy let me know ill give you my msn addy :)

well if i look as good as you on my wedding day i will be over the moon if you want a cd buddy let me know ill give you my msn addy :)

aw, how sweet of you honey, I did feel like a princess on my wedding day, even at size 16/18.
I've gone from a 10/12 to a 20, and won't buy any clothes bigger than that... this is it, I'm on the road to recovery.

Yay, honey, gimme your msn addy and I'll email ya :)

Also, did you see our DAILY 'hour by hour' thread?? We start a brand new one with that days DAY in it, and we all catch up on there, it's great.

ttfn xxx oh honey....I lost 9lbs :D

Well done Sophia - you must feel like the weeks been well worth it with that weightloss sweetheart....

That's a fab first week

:party0049::party0049::party0049::party0049:

You go girl..... :D

Back