What is wrong with me?

dh21abc

Why why why do i insist on stuffing extra packs and even food? I'm not hungry after having 3 packs but still do more or even fail badly and eat. Boredom / happy/sad/stressed etc etc everything seems to be an excuse - but i so want to succeed......seems like my short term gratification from excess calories wins too often. Anyone else been through this? how did you overcome?

:cry::cry::cry:

When I first did Exante before Xmas, I would be 100% up until the weekend, and then Friday night, boom, I would fall off the wagon every time without fail, and then Saturday I would make it even worse, and then Sunday it'd be worse even still... and then come Monday I'd be like "okay, now I'll do it properly" and I'd stay 100% until Friday and it would repeat until I just said "this isn't working..." and I had 2 weeks off for Xmas and New Year...

Then in January, I got back on the wagon and for some reason things just clicked into place, I knew what I had to do and I knew how to do it... Mentally I was in a much better state for some reason.

Maybe you just need time out to consider things, to really cement in your head why you're doing Exante, because I think Exante is just as difficult mentally as it is physically!

I've read quite a few of your posts Aaron and you always make so much sense. I used to be the same with any diet I've been on previously and stuff my face at the weekend or as soon as I had weighed in thinking I had another week to shift whatever I ate.
This time though with no food temptation like you say it just seems to have clicked with me and this is the last diet I will do as I know I will reach goal weight on it.
You've had an amazing loss so far.
Dh21abc as far as I can tell from reading on here, its ok to have 4 shakes a day if your hungry and as long as you dont eat anything with carbs it shouldnt be too bad either so if you do have a blip just start again the next day and dont beat yourself up about it. Take each day one at a time and congratulate yourself when you make it to the end of each day x

What Aaron says is completely correct. You MUST be in the right frame of mind in order to dedicate yourself fully to the diet. If there's anything at all preventing you from doing so, you need to hold off until you're completely sure you're ready. I did LT last Oct/Nov and my mindset was completely wrong. I kept sneaking little bits to eat and I was completely kidding myself. Although I lost 10lbs, I put it back on as I couldn't keep away from the fridge and cupboards. As Aaron says 'this time everything clicked into place..' -And this is how it was this time with me. I am now on my 24th day, 4 of which have been WS days where I've had a small meal. I have not felt guilty for eating them. I've learnt so much in those 24 little days, things like: portion control. I don't need a mountain of food on a massive dinner plate to satisfy my appetite, so now when I have my meal I eat it from a side plate. You'll get there, just make sure you're completely ready....And when you are, it will all be sooooo worth it :)

Thanks for the replies - yes you're right, and had a much better day today. I just need to not give in too easily to my temptations. Still going in right direction tho which is good just need to keep it that way.
Appreciate the support - thanks all again.

It is definitly about being in the right mind frame. I have managed to stick to it 100%. All I have is 3 packs and water, no extras of anything. I put it down to being at rock bottom with my confidence and really my life. When I started Exante I had struggles but you have to nip the thoughts in the bud and tell yourself how misrable going off plan will make you and how amazing you will feel when you get to your weigh in day and youve had a good loss.

For me I couldnt live another day of going to bed feeling like I was a complete failure because I had binged all day and just had no control over myself. Food and being fat was all I thought about, I hated it. Exante is slowly but surly teaching me so much about myself. Give it a proper 100% chance the results are amazing!

Where do you spend your time?
when is it that you seem to eat? is it when you are watching tv or is it at a certain time, we all make bad habits and losing weight is more a lifestyle change and like all the other wise people above have said its easy to give up or not be set in the mindset.

look at what causes you to be tempted and change your situation, start with a simple goal, if you always eat when you watch a program or make a drink then change the habit! its all about one small step.

Back