What is your BMI goal?

Yep that must be it! I retain in the heat, TOTM, when ovulating, when exercising etc! Lol - Even when I up my water intake at those times I still retain, it's madness!
I will definately look up toning exercises.
I have got weights - well my fiance' has so I can use his instead of the beans :) but need to look properly what to do with them x

Yep that must be it! I retain in the heat, TOTM, when ovulating, when exercising etc! Lol - Even when I up my water intake at those times I still retain, it's madness!
I will definately look up toning exercises.
I have got weights - well my fiance' has so I can use his instead of the beans :) but need to look properly what to do with them x
I'm exactly the same, one glass of water too much and I retain it!! How lucky are we?!! :rolleyes:

Good luck with the exercises, I'm amazed at how they've changed my body shape!

Would you believe that George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon are all classed as overweight with their BMI???!!!!!!

well, if George or Brad are wanting to loose a few pounds, I'll generously offer to exercise with them!! :D

I don't set much store by BMI to be honest.

The BMI is only designed to be a rough indication for public health, and no respected medical institution would denigh that.. it's only a calculation of weight and height anyway, and clearly factors such as more muscle, bigger/smaller boobs, dense healthy bones etc can have a huge effect on the relevance for the individual.

When I was 19, I was 8.12 and looked fab!! Obviously I'm not going to look 19 again! Haha.. but I'm aiming for:
9.9 (BMI 23.2)..

..and the most radiculous reasons..

a) I like the idea that it's only two numbers!! ?!?! Haha! I don't know why that seems to appeal to me so much, but it REALLY does!! Haha

b) I like the idea that a double-figured 10 should be a red light that I'm over doing it, and 9.7 will be a red light that I mustn't get lighter (like that'd ever happen! Haha!)

It's all a little arbitrary, but I vaguely recall feeling 'comfortable' at 9.7ish.. and I think other posters on this thread are right.. it's about what each of us wants for ourselves ultimately..

The best bit of doing CD for me, is realising it is ENTIRELY MY CHOICE!! It's not about what other people think I should be doing, or shouldn't be doing.. it's about what I want for me.. :)

All the best for what you want for you!

Vxxx

Good post V

I was 11 stone 7 (for ever) , 4 years ago before i packed in smoking and looked very slim for it im curvy by nature (ahem,,big boobs lol) and an a$$ so can carry a but extra if you see what i mean but aiming for 10'7 this time just for good measure lol

I'm going for a BMI of 22. It's what I was 2 years ago before I gained weight, and I know I can maintain it. It would make me 8 stone 12. I'm normally happy with my weight up to 9.5 stone, so anything over 9.7 and I know to get back on the wagon. Quite a bit of room to play with.

I'm actually suprised at myself on this diet. I thought getting back to 10 stone, which is roughly what I am now, would be enough for me, but I'm not satisfied. I guess this is positive, because it means I will never ever let myself go back to being 12.2 stone again!!

My BMI goal is 22.5 as it gives a good safety margin. As I am approaching BMI 25 I have started moving up the plans and am now on SS+ and feeling totally stuffed by a pathetic amount of chicken and asparagus!
I am feeling so excited about the prospect of being in the healthy category of BMI again - it's been so long that the clothes that I am now fitting into again have shoulder pads!

I'm going for a BMI of 29.9. it will put me around 15st 7, but I'm starting to think that may be a bit too light. I always been a stocky 6ft, I play rubgy and now I've lost 5st and I'm down to 17 7, and I'm not sure if I want to go down another 2st. I know I get fitter and want to start training.

Infact I have gone out for runs (fast walks) the last two night, but I think i may have to start stepping up the plans, I currently on SS.

my aim is 23.7 which will take me to 10st 7 i think....but i would like to get down to 22.7......
i too dont really agree with the whole BMI thing, dont see how a Rugby player doing 12 hours of exercise a day can be classed as morbidly obese...but nevermind! I'm not a rugby player so dont have to worry about that! lol
I'll get to 23.7 and see what happens then as to whether i lose more!
xxx

Planning on getting to about 26. Agree that BMI is a bit hit and miss and I am going to try to focus on how I look and feel rather than the number.
I am big boned, big wrists and ankles etc, definately not a petite frame. A couple of years ago I was 10 11 and was wearing size 10 - 12. I have large boobs, hips etc and that size suited me. I could go down to just over 8 stone (in theory anyway!!) and be within a healthy BMI, but I am sure I wouldn't look healthy and my boobs would look even more ridiculous than normal!

Back