what jobs do we all do

Another 'Mummy' here! I have a 5 month old boy and a 5 year old daughter. Up until 2 1/2 years ago I was an HR Manager and had been for the past 10 years x

ooo i went to uni twice...dropped out twice...just couldnt afford it on my own after splitting up with ex partner and then the second time i got ill so had to leave! :-(

errr, ok, I am a managing director of a social housing company.
So, sliding sideways a bit, a lot of us work with displaced and needy groups then?
I can feel a little research coming on me. How many of us went to Uni?

Yes, I think we need to find some funding LOL.
Yep, Uni as a mature student , history, up to Ph.D. for my sins :sigh:

errr, ok, I am a managing director of a social housing company.
So, sliding sideways a bit, a lot of us work with displaced and needy groups then?
I can feel a little research coming on me. How many of us went to Uni?

Yes, science degree but my ultimate ambition is to be an author so I'm working hard on my first book.

Went to art college and did my foundation year but didn't end up going to uni. Combo of it being too expensive, not useful enough and not really wanting to do art any more!

I went to Uni and did Japanese Studies which isn't what I actually planned to study. Got there on my first day and they didn't have my timetable as the combined courses that I had picked clashed on the timetable......yes serioulsy....and nobody thought to mention this to me until Day 1!

Either had the option of defering for a year or picking another subject which I could then drop after the 1st year. The only subjects where they has places available were Archaeology (don't do getting my hands dirty!), Dance (now I like a dance a much as the next person but only after several large vodka's so having to consume that much alcohol over a year didn't seem like a good idea) or Japanese Studies.

As it turned out I absolutely loved it and continued with it for the three years, getting a 1st in my dissertation and finally leading me in the world of HR.

Funny how things work out!

I have a degree and 2 masters so yes, I went to uni!

I have a gold medal in ballroom dancing.
I passed my cycling proficiency test. Used to have a certificate for that I am sure.
My main claim though is that I was once a member of the Tufty Club. :p :D

Love Myr xxx

Thanks Myr......totally forgot about my Tea Making badge that I got in Brownies! :rotflmao:

I love this thread. I could be real, it could be fake....the wheel turns but nobody knows, it is all part of the mystery! I have a french degree, a british one, a masters and a PhD... I know... a sad and mispent youth! If you had asked me what I wanted to do when I was 16, I would have said social worker so I could help kids.... what happended?, the cruel hand of fate! :D

Wot happened to me then. Lol
I should be skinny if that article is owt to go by

ahem
I "outstayed my welcome" at brownies
:D
got a lifesaving swimming badge for treading water in flannel jimjams

but extremely jealous at Myrs ballroom medal
I tried , I really did
I liked the silver shoes, it was dancing with the large bosumed women that put me off(they promised me boys)

Well, needless to say, not all badly-reported studies apply to everyone. If that was the case, I shouldn't be fat at all... I think we could safely consider a stereotype bucked, there. However, found articke interesting (in context) all the same though - knew lots of middle-class well educated lasses who used to drink too much. Me included. Probably (in our case, anyway) because most of us are kid-free.

I am also jealous of ballroom medal.

I failed my cycling proficiency and was thrown out of the guides!

ah! now that explains why I was getting fatter then, coupled with the 2 left feet, and originally no chest to pin badges on.
fren
10lbs, week one, and struggling badly, daily, keep nicking meat, and exhausted.

I loved this thread, so much fun to learn about you all!

Im a Doctor 2 years off being a fully grown up GP, so Miss Demeanour - no suing me for medical negligence please, Ive clearly neglected myself enough otherwise I wouldnt be on my third VLCD attempt! :)

Obv I went to uni, but also got a few Girl Guide badges (including my Deaf one, very handy with my latest patient who is deaf and mute) and a few ballroom/latin/tap trophies too :)

Aha Princess another dancer ;)

Maggie, yes I had forgotten about the silver shoes :D

But please do not feel envious Maggie and Miss D - when I look at programs like Strictly Come Dancing, my schoolgirl routine was very basic in comparison. :sigh:

Love Myr xxx

relief social care worker, supporting young adults with disabilities access the community and live their lives, also registering as a childminder (again) as I miss it ! I am hoping to do both jobs if I get enough time x

Back