What made you decide to do it ?

I loved your post Ellebear. Well done for what you have achieved so far. There is no reason why you can't achieve your goals - look at how far you have come already. Keep it up and good luck.

Gail x

sooooooo many reasons (and not all of them good :rolleyes:)

i work for the NHS and realised that i weighed almost the same as some of the gastric bypass cases that were coming through (good reason)

my wardrobe was full of lovely clothes that used to fit but all i could do was look at them (so-so reason)

i had no social life and was embarassed to go out (so-so reason)

health wise i just felt rubbish, really lethargic and not sleeping properly (good reason)

i had a fall out with a close friend, we had both been similar weight and the last time i saw her she had put more on, i resolved then to loose my weight to make myself feel better the next time i saw her (bad reason)

my sister had lost 3st on SW and she looked fantastic and was a lot happier with herself (good reason)

now its a way of life, i've lost nearly 20lbs so far and i really enjoy the support and flexibility of SW. it really is extra easy (i sound like an advert :D )

i think we all get to the point where we think 'enough is enough' and take charge of what we want to be and how we want to do it.

well done on the stopping smoking ladies, thats a huge achievement.

I decided it was time to loss the flab after nearly dieing last year, that made me suddenly realise i have to turn my life around so that i'm around for my 4 boys. They need me to be around for them.

Lots of reasons. My ex joined up when I was with her still and that gave me the motivation to do it. I kinda joined for her at the time, to give her help and support as I can imagine that it must be hard with your slimming world special, no matter how nice it is, to have the person opposite stuffing their face with whatever thay want.

It also made sense, a week in and I was amazed at how much better I felt. Actually having my 5 a day and more etc... eating proper home cooked food, discovering it can be easy and simple if you want it to be and enjoying time in the kitchen.

On reflection I joined for many reasons. I've been unhappy in myself for a long time. Fat kid at school, knightmare with clothes, self concious about exercise and imagine(swimming etc), low motivation, poor health(cancer and relapse), finding it tiring playing with the kids.

So I'm doing it for me to make positive steps towards liking myself, who I am etc... and future happiness(hopefully).

I've been overweight my whole life but in my mind I didn't get fat until my twenties. The pressure of having a mortgage and life in general took over and I started to comfort eat.

I always new I was eating too much and putting on weight but it was just easier than dealing with everything else.

I hovered around the 12/13st mark for years and was never really happy but giving up smoking last May made it really hard and I ballooned to 16st 7lbs!!!

I'd been tired and depressed for long enough and decided to make a change. SW is really good and I enjoy cooking again (rather than dialing in for dinner)
When I fall off I know I can start again and lose some more weight.

I still don't have my head entirely in the game but am heading in the right direction :)

I suddenly couldnt sleep comfortably on my tummy and knew it was time to take action. Also there is heart disease and diabetes in my family due to weight issues so dont want to go down that road. I want to give my two daughters the best in life and that includes a good diet as before sw whatever i ate my toddler would want too and i just couldnt say no to her but now i'm happy to give her what i eat as it is healthy. Also for the first time in my life i want to get into nice clothes as in my current state i can never find anything that fits me properly x

Mainly for health reasons, my mum and both of my nans have/had Type 2 diabetes so I'd like to reduce my risk of developing it. I also want to feel better in myself.

I'm sharing my eggs and having IVF so I need to lose weight so my BMI drops :)

I can identify with all of the reasons :(
I had been considering going back after my youngest daughter was born but the 2 reasons that really made me run desperately back to class:
In July my very good friend and his partner had their commitment ceremony:wee:. I had on a flowy (and forgiving - so I thought) skirt and an expensive hand made corset (as its all fully boned etc its treat to wear something that i don't have to get bra strain tram lines in my shoulders with when restraining the "ladies") it didn't lace up as well as it used to (aka not at all :ashamed0005:!!) so i hid the gaps with a shrug and toddled on my merry way.
Then 3 weeks later he came in to work with the photos
"come and look at you mrs!" all excited "couldn't have a gay wedding with out our very own Jordan"
OMFG!!!! i looked like Jabba the gut in dress!!:cry:
15 mins later i was totally ignoring work internet regs and was searching for my nearest class. :character00148:
i was twice the woman i used to be last time i did SW but i hope:cross: and pray:innocent0001: that it wont stay that way for long!:scale:
an in all honesty the second reason is a bit "ooh er" :eek: but if we cant be honest here ....... i want to have sex with the lights on again :love:

i was asked if i was pregnant on holiday in tenerife just as i was about to go down waterpark slide. i cried my eyes out for whole day

Like many I just decided enough was enough. I've had 2 beautiful children and I want to be there for them and have fun with them and not run the risk of leaving them without a mum because I was too stupid to go on a diet and sort myself out. On a slightly lighter note, my 4 year old daughter loves going on roller-coasters and funfair rides and I want to be able to get on with her rather than pretend I don't want to go on because I'm secretly worried that the safety bar or harness won't go around me. I also want to be able to go on a plane with them without having to get an extended seat belt and do all the things that normal families do together without feeling self conscious and inhibited. Thankfully, now I'm focused on SW I'm about half way there - if all this doesn't motivate me then I fear nothing will!

For me, I'm 24 and have just gotten bigger and bigger since I was at university (and to think I thought I was fat, then?!) - there's heart attacks at a young age in my family history so need to be healthier for that and I'd love to prance about in nice clothes whereas just now, I'm plagued by low self confidence...
Here's hoping it works this time...

I've also a huge interest in burlesque and used to want to perform - maybe I will if I lose enough and get some confidence back :)

Back