What sweetener is allowed?

Quirkygirl

Just tried the icecream milkshake....loved it! But needed to be a touch sweeter. What sweeteners are ok? As I will pop one in blender next time. Soooooo full right now.

Hi yes sweetener is allowed I love those mc flurry ice creams with vanilla shakes, lots of ice and sweetener blended they are fab.

I did banana( my first ever shake) needed to be a bit sweeter. I had to eat it with a spoon! So is it any sweetener?

good question, my book says tablet and drop sweetners are free. Also granular sweetners with less than 2 cals a tsp are free such as canderal, hermesetas, splenda and sweet n low. I use truvia because is is a natural sweetner and is 0 cals a tsp/sachet!

Last edited:
Just tried the icecream milkshake....loved it! But needed to be a touch sweeter. What sweeteners are ok? As I will pop one in blender next time. Soooooo full right now.

You can have tablet sweeteners but not granulated on vlcds

good question, my book says tablet and drop sweetners are free. Also granular sweetners with less than 2 cals a tsp are free such as canderal, hermesetas, splenda and sweet n low. I use truvia because is is a natural sweetner and is 0 cals a tsp/sachet!

I'm presuming the 'book' you're referring to is the food optimising book? As your sig states you're doing slimming world? This post is in the food replacement diet section so the rules are slightly different for things like sweeteners :) x

Back