what to eat 3 days before starting cd???

clairem87

cos i need this xxx
hey all! im starting cd on sunday and was told my cdc to lower carbs and up water intake for 3 days prior to starting. have bought a packet of atkins bars for my bfast today tomoro and saturday but dunno what to hve for lunch n dinner! tonight im having chicken wrapped in parma ham but duno what to have it with!! i really really hate green veg so pleasse dont suggest that!!!
tomoro i was gonna do chicken with spicy chopped tomatoes - does that sound ok? so , yeah tips please!!

also how long did it take ppl to get into ketosis after starting cd???

xcx

Is there any veg you like?

Took me about 5 days to get into ketosis once on CD, but I didn't cut down on carbs at all.

When you do actually start cd if you are doing ss+ you will only be allowed green/white veg, eg, broccoli, cauli, courgette and cabbage but no onions, garlic or potatoes. You can have lettuce and cucumber too but no tomatoes, i miss tomatoes,lol
It normally takes me about 3-4 days till i'm in ketosis but it could be quicker for you.
Enjoy your food till sun and then get creative!

Sorry forgot to say, white fish, quorn mince, chicken and tuna(only in spring water) all good things to have to keep carbs low, good luck!

aah quourn mince - a life saver lol!!!
is falafel ok for these couple days??
it had 5.1 g per piece....?

xcx

I have quorn and cottage cheese on ss+. Im normally in ketosis by the end of day 2 (Without cutting back carbs but I'm not that carb sensitive.) Good luck

cool cool - cottage cheese is good! i want to be as close as possible to ketosis when starting on sunday so i can get the best results my first week! im going for a little holiday on weds so itll be quite gd cos ill have fun stuff to do tht'll take my mind off feeling yucky! the holiday house does all the meals and ive already told them ill nolt be eating so ill not have the option of cheating! im gonna take the kids out on the bikes when i can - theyre 3 and 8 months so its a bike with a kiddy trailer attatched!!! very fun and good exercise for me!
wish it was saturday so i cld get my stuff!!
sorry im askin loadsa uestions but what happens at ur first meeting with cdc??

xcx

Thanks for posting Claire, im starting CD on Tuesday so these tips are great! :D xx

If you are in your preparation time don't worry about it, it is best to cut down on the carbs bit by bit, so have some carbs just a mid way point between what you did have and what you will have with CD. I would steer away from the big carbs (pasta, potato, etc) but perhaps have meat and veg (all colours), eggs... the list is endless there are loads of things that are low carb.

At your first meeting she will just talk to you about what choices of plan there is and which one will suit you. She should weigh AND measure you and thenyou get to choose which flavour soups, shakes and porridge you want.
If you want to be as close to ketosis as poss then avoid all carbs hun. Also be careful when you are away with the kids that you don't over do things. You will feel more tired than normal as your body will be going through withdrawal from all the bad stuff you normally have. You will not be on many cals a day and you may get a bit lightheaded, headaches, stomach cramps for first few days, just until ketosis kicks in really. Just thought it would be best to warn you.

thanks much :) yeah ive been told its pretty cr@p till you get into ketosis - the break away will actually be more of a rest than usual cos i ONLY have to do the fun stuff lol!! all cooking, cleaning etc is done for u so i can use my small amount of energy to have fun lol!! i think not having the option of going to the kitchen and making something will help with the withdrawal cravings. im so ready for this.

xcx

Back