What to eat at Trafford Centre?

dogmad

Hi,

I'm off for a day shopping at the Trafford Centre tomorrow. As it will only be day 2 of my diet I don't want to have anything thats full of syns?

Any recommendations? Was thinking maybe a tomato based pasta dish or jacket potato with beans?

Debbie

If there is a Spudulike or something like that then go for a jacket with beans or cottage cheese (check its low fat) . Or maybe go somewhere that does a salad. Try to prepare for the unexpected. Maybe stash some fruit in your handbag and always a bottle of water!! Found this for you Food Temptation - The Trafford Centre, Manchester

Thanks, think I will have to go with a jacket potato. My only problem is that I am going with my friend who has just lost over 11 stone on this diet, unfortunately she is now anorexic/bulimic (hardly eats anything and then vomits) and trying to recover so I have been trying to encourage her to eat but not make a big deal of food. She does know I am trying to lose weight although I haven't told her its SW as she is dead against it at the moment.

SW would not have caused your friend to have an eating disorder, that would have already been on the cards with her. She needs to get help for her illness and you shouldn't feel responsible for her. You don't have to make an issue of what you are eating, just say "I really fancy a jacket spud" and don't pay too much attention to the finer details. Have cheese and beans which will be good for green. Decide before you get there what you are going to have then you won't look like you are checking for what you are 'allowed'.

i agree with taz - your friends eating disorder is a mental health issue and although it's good to support her you shouldn't have to tread on eggshells when you're around her.

just say you're hungry and really fancy a jacket potato. no big deal!

Yeah she is having counselling and is getting better and of course understands it a mental issue.

Unfortunately she knows me too well to know that I would prefer burger and chips to jacket spud!!

I'll just go with the flow, I'm sure I can get a healthy option off most menus, whether it be a spud, salad or I suppose I could even have a chow mein if I use some syns (have only had 5 today just in case!

Thanks again

Have fun at the TC today hope its not too busy for you. I do live near the TC but I have not been there for a while and I hear they have got rid of a few of the eating places since I last went and got new ones so I don't know what they have anymore. I know they have a Frankie & Bennys across the car park if you go out the entrance at the food hall they do some alright stuff. (your lucky I noticed that I put Ben & Jerrys then and changed it to Frankie & Bennys I need to go back to bed and start today again, lol)

Heres a menu if your interested: Main Appetisers | Frankie & Benny's

OMG I practically live at the Trafford Centre and heading out there in about 20 mins. When I go there for eats I tend to end up in Cafe Rouge and have a steak and just ask them to hold the chips, they give me extra salad and its delicious. A proper steak, cooked to perfection with a lovely salad and a few syns used on a nice small glass of French Red, mmmmm I'm almost drooling at the prospect.

Failing that the Baked Spuds option is great for a quickie. They have all sorts of fillings and fit SW nicely.

Well I've been and tried my best to be good. Had pasta in a tomato sauce with a little bit of mozarella on top. However I did have two fruit smoothies and a bowl of lemon sorbet!

So healthy but not SW, still its a great improvement on what I would normally have. And I have been walking all day so it shouldn't be too bad. Going to go and make some sort of rice dish now with some mushrooms, onion and egg - maybe egg fried rice (using fry light!)

Thanks for all your tips.

Ohh well done for making good choices.

Yay you !!!!!

Hi Taz, I've been very busy lately with work and stuff and just not had a min to myself. Good to see you :D

:drool:
OMG I practically live at the Trafford Centre and heading out there in about 20 mins. When I go there for eats I tend to end up in Cafe Rouge and have a steak and just ask them to hold the chips, they give me extra salad and its delicious. A proper steak, cooked to perfection with a lovely salad and a few syns used on a nice small glass of French Red, mmmmm I'm almost drooling at the prospect.

Failing that the Baked Spuds option is great for a quickie. They have all sorts of fillings and fit SW nicely.
Sounds like my kind of shopping trip! :drool:

Back