What was the last film you saw?

toy soldiers,a few hours ago

Fancied something scary so watched My soul to take other day.. not very scary, bit disapointed as I loved wes craven films in the past. Off to see Saw 3D on thurs, very excited!

I went to see despicble me too :). Thought it was really good. A lot better than what I was expecting.

Last film at the cinema was Despicable Me (didn't like it, thought it lacked some of the pizzazz of the more recent animated films)

Last film at home was Four Lions (I laughed myself to tears at this one)

The last movie I rented was 'The Blind Side' with Sandra Bullock, and it was so good, wish I owned it so I could watch it again and again and again lol...

Just watched 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' after recording it from Sky movies

I had trouble sitting though some of the bits near the end, very sad :cry: but very good at the same time. well worth watching if you have not seen it yet.

i saw unstoppable the other day. its a new film by tony scott with denzel washington and i have got to say it was one of the worst movies i have seen this year!! :(

run lola run is also one of my favorites, in general i LOVE german films. i saw the badder-meinhoff complex the other day and it was very intense (the lead actor also plays in run lola run- but i dont remember his name) :)

Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man 2 because i love Robert Downey Jr.

xx

We watched the new 'The Karate Kid' (should have been called Kung Fu Kid like in china etc) and 'How to Train Your Dragon' both courtesy of the nephew who rented them from Blockbusters.

'The Karate Kid' was good, better then I thought (being a big fan of the original and always thinking about the comparisons between the two) Not sure Jaden Smith was the best person for the lead role, but do I think they could have found someone better, not to sure. I know Jaden has done Karate (not kung fu) for years and also know he trained 3 months before going to China and 3 hours every day while in China, so he defiantly is good at focusing on the job at hand and deserved the part (though he did kinda also get it cause his parents were the directors/producers)

I did like 'How to Train Your Dragon' but unlike Shrek and Toy Story movies, I wasn't so hooked, it was a little to predictable and not enough to keep many adults in there seats, like other animated movies which are aimed at kids but cater for adults too..

I totally agree with you about casting Jaden as the main role, i didnt like it all. I think having his parents as directors/producers helped him get the part but the story does focus on a little scrawny kid who ends up defeating his bullies, which is how i would describe Jaden Smith.

I read that he worked hard on his martial arts skills and did alot of training for the role compared to others his age, but so does every other actor who needs to learn martial arts for their role.

The film was nothing special and i think the reason why it did so well at the box office was because most people watched it to compare it to the original, thats my opinion.

xx

I totally agree with you about casting Jaden as the main role, i didn't like it all. I think having his parents as directors/producers helped him get the part but the story does focus on a little scrawny kid who ends up defeating his bullies, which is how i would describe Jaden Smith.

I read that he worked hard on his martial arts skills and did alot of training for the role compared to others his age, but so does every other actor who needs to learn martial arts for their role.

The film was nothing special and i think the reason why it did so well at the box office was because most people watched it to compare it to the original, thats my opinion.

xx

My husband didn't like it that much, said the originals were far better, certainlly the boys who were the bullies in the first original version were a lot nastier (maybe because they were played by older actors, I dunno) but if I was asked to sit through this new version with Jaden in again, in the future, I wouldn't say no. It has its flaws but is watchable

Jackie Chan is no replacement for Pat Morita who played Mr. Miyagi in the first four movies. Jackie was hard to understand in a few parts (lip reading would have helped once or twice) at least with Pat Morita I new what he was say, though having watched the first original over 20 times, I could probably recite his lines for him...

Just watched 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' a good idea for a story and well animated (should have been a PG though in my mind) not sure I'll be watching it again any time soon, was very predictable, but then for a U rated movie what do you expect.

My daughter and I went to see Megamind in the cinema yesterday . It was good as kids films go. We didn't go to the 3D version as my little girl will not leave the glasses on and then she ends up watching a blurred film!

the last film i saw was knight and day. i am too broke[from spending too much and being lazy] to go to the cinema ofter

Run Lola Run is one of my favourite films, I watched it again last week :)

Also one of my favourites!

Soccermom, I saw Unstoppable too, not bad. I also watched London Boulevard, which I'm undecided on...but Colin Farrell makes up for it. :D

Back