Whats a cheap alternative to Cambridge/Lighter life diet?

Sassykate

Theres so many on the internet. slim and save, exante etc these initially seem cheaper but when i look into them further the price is the same as or more than Cambridge!! Crafty *******!

Slim and Save much cheaper if you buy in bulk, as is exante. works out much cheaper than Cambridge

Theres so many on the internet. slim and save, exante etc these initially seem cheaper but when i look into them further the price is the same as or more than Cambridge!! Crafty *******!

I dont know how you work out theyre dearer than CD. If you buy a months worth of Exante it works out around £25 a week. S&S works out about £27 I cant see any CDC being cheaper than that :confused:

Ditto what starlight says!? How are they crafty?? :confused:

A weeks starter pack on Exante is £53.21! Yes, you are right. Buying a months worth is alot cheaper however im not sure if VLCD is going to suit me so buying in bulk will be a waste of money if i cant stick to it. I did cambridge about 5 years ago but couldnt stick to it. It made me too unwell ie dizzy and faint

Yep - the sample pack for SnS contains one of almost every flavour for around £1 a pack. It'll give ypu a week's worth so that you can see whether or not it suits you.

Yes the one week starter pack price on Exante does seem a bit of a mad price when you can then buy a months supply for twice the price of a weeks supply! Hadn't noticed that before, but guess it comes down to simple marketing - they want you to buy a months worth :)

I have bought the sample pack from Slim and Save - a bargain at £26.99 or there abouts (£30.98 with next day courier delivery - definitely a good deal in my opinion). A 4 week supply of S&S is £125, which is more expensive than a 4 week supply of Exante IF you buy a pre chosen Exante bundle.

I have no idea how much Cambridge is these day, but the tetras are swinging me back towards Cambridge at the moment (though I understand they will be introducing them to S&S soon.

I remember being shocked at the price of a TFR diet the first time I looked at it...but then I considered what I spend on food each week normally... hmmm

Yes the one week starter pack price on Exante does seem a bit of a mad price when you can then buy a months supply for twice the price of a weeks supply! Hadn't noticed that before, but guess it comes down to simple marketing - they want you to buy a months worth :)

I have bought the sample pack from Slim and Save - a bargain at £26.99 or there abouts (£30.98 with next day courier delivery - definitely a good deal in my opinion). A 4 week supply of S&S is £125, which is more expensive than a 4 week supply of Exante IF you buy a pre chosen Exante bundle.

I have no idea how much Cambridge is these day, but the tetras are swinging me back towards Cambridge at the moment (though I understand they will be introducing them to S&S soon.

I remember being shocked at the price of a TFR diet the first time I looked at it...but then I considered what I spend on food each week normally... hmmm

Hello there I'm on Cambridge, and yes does work out quite a lot to be honest not tried S&S or exante but mine costs £56 per week lol!
I do have more expensive things mind, like you I have the tetra carton packs x 21 and 8 x soup/porridge that is a full weeks supply.
I think it's 15p or so dearer than making them yourself, I am all about convenience :)

Good luck

hia,,, just started on slim and save, 3 days ago,,and feel fine have lost 7 Lbs. I have found on the net some zero cal, zero carb noodles called miracle noodles, has anyone tried them and are we allowed to have them? it would be great if I can, they also do a rice version. any ideas?

hia,,, just started on slim and save, 3 days ago,,and feel fine have lost 7 Lbs. I have found on the net some zero cal, zero carb noodles called miracle noodles, has anyone tried them and are we allowed to have them? it would be great if I can, they also do a rice version. any ideas?

If you look in the S&S forum, I'm 99% certain there is a post where someone says they checked with rob and he said it was fine! HTH x

Slim Fast is pretty cheap and it does work when you need a boost in your weight loss xxx

*snip* groupon deals not allowed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back