What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'd love that site too ;)

AAAARGH doesn't work for me because I'm registered with amazon.co.uk but I do check out the free deals there.

Still reading memoirs of a geisha:) its making me desperately want to visit the gion district in Kyoto, Japan. So much so that I'm now determined that one day I'll go. There are still real geisha working there.

Last edited:
Still reading memoirs of a geisha:) its making me desperately want to visit the gion district in Kyoto, Japan. So much so that I'm now determined that one day I'll go. There are still real geisha working there.

Me too, I'd love to go to Japan & see real geisha, it's just so expensive:cool:

Happy Holidays said:
Me too, I'd love to go to Japan & see real geisha, it's just so expensive:cool:

I know, I've been researching! Hotels are very pricey out there. Geisha are difficult to spot apparently too. There aren't very many now. We've wanted to visit Japan for a long time, but I'd never thought of seeing that side of it before.

I've finished the book now. Into water for elephants by Sarah gruen. The film is on sky movies this week, but I won't watch till I've read it.

Have seen the film and really enjoyed - watched it on the plane to Florida last year! Let me know what the book is like xx

dextersmum said:
Have seen the film and really enjoyed - watched it on the plane to Florida last year! Let me know what the book is like xx

I read the book when I heard the film was coming out !! Really loved it and I also thought the film did it justice, although as usual the book went into far more detail and explored the characters far more! Something really different i thought and I'd never heard of the circus trains so it was educational! X

See I got hold of that film a while back for my mum as she loves elephants.....she sponsers a whole herd of them lol but Wen I told her I got her it to watch she went nuts saying that it was known that the elephants were treated badly Durring the filming and made me take the film out the house lol

Were they really treated badly during filming? - that's awful can't bear any animal cruelty. Broke my heart watching the poor rhinos on the news recently x

dextersmum said:
Were they really treated badly during filming? - that's awful can't bear any animal cruelty. Broke my heart watching the poor rhinos on the news recently x

No they can't. They have standards to adhere to and I'm sure there would be prosecution should it happen.

Just been doing some googling. Apparently Tai, the elephant who was the main star was mistreated in 2005 whilst being trained to learn tricks for movie roles. So he was abused, but not by the production team of Water For Elephants! Could still put people off watching it though knowing that it happened! X

funcurls said:
Just been doing some googling. Apparently Tai, the elephant who was the main star was mistreated in 2005 whilst being trained to learn tricks for movie roles. So he was abused, but not by the production team of Water For Elephants! Could still put people off watching it though knowing that it happened! X

Presumably he's being well looked after now though. Poor thing:(

On a happier note, I'm enjoying the book so far. Tried reading this morning but my little girl wanted me to play with her trains with her and took it away!! Little monkey!

im reading kiss river by diane chamberlain its bril son far , just finished taken by jaqui rose it was fab she is the new martina cole

Ooh both sound good!! Been looking at reviews of 'Taken' and I've read 2 books by DC- The Lost Daughter and Before The Storm (both great) and I have The Midwife's Confession and Breaking The Silence to read on my Kindle!! She's a great writer!!X

funcurls said:
Ooh both sound good!! Been looking at reviews of 'Taken' and I've read 2 books by DC- The Lost Daughter and Before The Storm (both great) and I have The Midwife's Confession and Breaking The Silence to read on my Kindle!! She's a great writer!!X

I have keeper of the light to read by her. Not read any of her stuff but my friend at work who is also a Jodi Picoult fan recommended them.

Back