What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm still reading that Elvis book, I put it down for ages but am finishing it off now, I still think he's a little puke, sorry :D

I've started The Time Travellers Wife and I love it! I was awake til 4am reading it this morn, its so fascinating. Its one of those I'll deffo read again one day too!
Could someone please tell me what Her Fearful Symmetry is about please? I'm interested in the title and what other people have said about it.

I'm still reading that Elvis book, I put it down for ages but am finishing it off now, I still think he's a little puke, sorry :D

I've started The Time Travellers Wife and I love it! I was awake til 4am reading it this morn, its so fascinating. Its one of those I'll deffo read again one day too!
Could someone please tell me what Her Fearful Symmetry is about please? I'm interested in the title and what other people have said about it.

i'll post you the blurb of this book :)

i cant be bothered to walk upstairs and get it from my bookcase so here....

Synopsis

At last - another brilliant, original and moving novel from the author of "The Time Traveler's Wife". Julia and Valentina Poole are normal American teenagers - normal, at least, for identical 'mirror' twins who have no interest in college or jobs or possibly anything outside their cozy suburban home. But everything changes when they receive notice that an aunt whom they didn't know existed has died and left them her flat in an apartment block overlooking Highgate Cemetery in London. They feel that at last their own lives can begin ...but have no idea that they've been summoned into a tangle of fraying lives, from the obsessive-compulsive crossword setter who lives above them to their aunt's mysterious and elusive lover who lives below them, and even to their aunt herself, who never got over her estrangement from the twins' mother - and who can't even seem to quite leave her flat...With Highgate Cemetery itself a character and echoes of Henry James and Charles Dickens, "Her Fearful Symmetry" is a delicious and deadly twenty-first-century ghost story about Niffenegger's familiar themes of love, loss and identity. It is certain to cement her standing as one of the most singular and remarkable novelists of our time.
c/o waterstones

i bought this book because its set in highgate cemetary, and its a really beautiful place...for a cemetary, look it up :)
xoxo

Oooh hey that sounds brill, thanks so much for that bunny, I love a good ghost story. I'm off out again to the shops tomorrow so I'm gonna buy myself a copy of that, sounds right up my street.

I'll have a look at that cemetry later online too, I'm just popping offline atm but will be back later. Thanks again! I was up til 4am again this morn reading Time Travellers Wife - its brill, can't put it down. Oddly enough I am surviving on 4 hours sleep and not feeling tired! :eek:

Oooh hey that sounds brill, thanks so much for that bunny, I love a good ghost story. I'm off out again to the shops tomorrow so I'm gonna buy myself a copy of that, sounds right up my street.

I'll have a look at that cemetry later online too, I'm just popping offline atm but will be back later. Thanks again! I was up til 4am again this morn reading Time Travellers Wife - its brill, can't put it down. Oddly enough I am surviving on 4 hours sleep and not feeling tired! :eek:

thanks hun, no problem :) i think i got my copy from asda as part of 2 for £7 deal, dont know if its still on.
im definitely going to get The Time Travellers Wife...sounds fabulous!

omg 4 hours sleep and the JD2,how are you still going lol :D:D

xoxo

thanks hun, no problem :) i think i got my copy from asda as part of 2 for £7 deal, dont know if its still on.
im definitely going to get The Time Travellers Wife...sounds fabulous!

omg 4 hours sleep and the JD2,how are you still going lol :D:D

xoxo
Thanks I'll have a look in Asda, I've got a load of Waterstones points I can claim too so I'll have a look on there and see what I can claim back and how much discount I'll get :D

Haha, I know, I don't know how I'm doing it, its nice not to feel tired but I think it will catch up with me soon, its not the best idea to get so little sleep but sometimes I can't sleep at night and like to sit up when the house is quiet and I get plenty time to myself to read! :D

Finally finished 'The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo'! I thoroughly throroughly enjoyed it once I actually got into it!!! Amazing and clever book, I was completely gripped and glad I persevered through the first 100 or so pages I was slow on!! After that I couldn't put it down! It was gritty, mysterious, tragic and exciting! I'm having a break now and reading a book called 'Under The Paw', written by a journalist called Tom Cox who is passionate about cats and it's the true story of all the cats throughout his life! Quirky but refreshing and light! Next on my list is 'Juliet' by Anne Fortier and then I'm going to crack on with no 2 in the Millenium Trilogy, The Girl Who Played With Fire.X

grrr..want to finish my morning posts, but ive got to get ready for shopping and my cats are going to be castrated this morning,so i'll have to come back later...grrr i want to talk books :)

Finally finished 'The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo'! I thoroughly throroughly enjoyed it once I actually got into it!!! Amazing and clever book, I was completely gripped and glad I persevered through the first 100 or so pages I was slow on!! After that I couldn't put it down! It was gritty, mysterious, tragic and exciting! I'm having a break now and reading a book called 'Under The Paw', written by a journalist called Tom Cox who is passionate about cats and it's the true story of all the cats throughout his life! Quirky but refreshing and light! Next on my list is 'Juliet' by Anne Fortier and then I'm going to crack on with no 2 in the Millenium Trilogy, The Girl Who Played With Fire.X

Ive read under the paw,it was cute..i love my cats,ive also read dewey :)

xoxo

Last edited:
Aw I think I'll try Under the Paw, sounds adorable for light relief and some sweet stories for cat lovers.
I'm afraid I'm a right geek and love the James Herriot stories, I just think they're a nice escape and very pleasant.

I have the following books on my to read pile...

a thousand splendid suns,khaled hosseini
half of a yellow sun,chimamanda ngozi adiche
the heretics daughter,kathleen kent
the suspicions of mr whicher,kate summerscale
the other hand,chris cleve
the cellist of sarajevo,steven galloway
season of the witch,natasha mastert
the gargoyle,andrew davidson
the savage garden,mark mills
the brutal art,jesse kellerman
sepulchre, kate mosse
labyrinth,kate mosse
my sisters keeper,jodi picoult
tenth circle,jodi picoult
change of heart,jodi picoult
forgotten garden,kate morton
house at riverton,kate morton
the other lives,sophie hannah
shadows of the wind,carlos ruiz zafron
the help,kathryn s
fallen,lauren kate
shiver and the second book linger
ozzy osbourne autobiog
stephen frys autobiog

and ive a list of new books i want to buy while the 3 for 3 is on :D

Flipping heck bunny, you're gonna be busy :D

Flipping heck bunny, you're gonna be busy :D

lol..ive just been on a few of my favourite book/reading blogs/sites and theres like another dozen i want :) not to mention waterstones have a fabulous collection of books coming out and on offer for christmas.. love it!

xoxo

Just finished the surrogate by Tania Carver very good read! would recommend :)
Not heard of her but noticed in asda she has a new book out so will be getting that!

I just ordered Her Fearful Symmetry online so gonna wait for it to arrive :D Yay!

I just ordered Her Fearful Symmetry online so gonna wait for it to arrive :D Yay!

ive not read my copy yet,so if you read it before me,you'll have to let me know what its like :)

xoxo

Back