What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm reading Wicked: The Life and Times of The Wicked Witch of the West. I love the musical so thought I'd read that. I'll be starting His Dark Materials after that

Wasted by Mark Johnson. Brilliant book, its all about his upbringing and how he ended up a drug addicted and then how he turns himself around. Xx

I'm reading Choke by Chuck Palahniuk again as watched the movie recently...still wondering why it was never released over here, the movie I mean...

I'm about to start The Scarlet Letter. I have been procastinating. I should be half way done by now.

I'm pretty much into doing research (fitness and health) this year, so here is what I am reading, a handful of books by the same author (Lyle McDonald): A Guide to Flexible Dieting, Bromocriptine, The Ketogenic Diet, The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook and The Ultimate Diet 2.0...I read some of his writings, blogs and comments on his website and he is fascinating, well what he has to say certainly is...

In my bag from work (I work as a mobile librarian) I have
Fern Brittan's Biography,
Winning the Fat war - Anne Diamond (3/4 read and VERY good),
The Blackest Streets - Sarah Wise,
Just After Sunset - Stephen King ,
19th Wife - David Ebershoff (3/4 read and exceptional),
Hearts in Atlantis - Stephen King
A Book on the Charles Manson Murders
...just finished The Heretics Daughter which was very good
and just got Never Suck A dead Mans Hand-Curious Adventures of a CSI

I always end up reading 4 or 5 books at once...occupational hazard lol

I'm half way through the 19th Wife and think its exceptional too.

In my bag from work (I work as a mobile librarian) I have
Fern Brittan's Biography,
Winning the Fat war - Anne Diamond (3/4 read and VERY good),
The Blackest Streets - Sarah Wise,
Just After Sunset - Stephen King ,
19th Wife - David Ebershoff (3/4 read and exceptional),
Hearts in Atlantis - Stephen King
A Book on the Charles Manson Murders
...just finished The Heretics Daughter which was very good
and just got Never Suck A dead Mans Hand-Curious Adventures of a CSI

I always end up reading 4 or 5 books at once...occupational hazard lol

Oh I'd love to work in a library!!! Well, after looking at your list, I've gone and ordered The Heretic's Daughter and 19th Wife from my library.

Ohhh tell me what you think of them...
Fern Brittan's Biography - really enjoyed this one
Winning the Fat war - Anne Diamond VERY GOOD strongly recomended
Just After Sunset - Stephen King 1/2 way through Great King book
19th Wife - David Ebershoff finished now and exceptional
Hearts in Atlantis - Stephen King - finished now very enjoyavble
A Book on the Charles Manson Murders - still reading
Never Suck A dead Mans Hand-Curious Adventures of a CSI - finished and if you enjoy CSI?Cold case type programms you will enjoy this.
Just Finished
December (Richard and Judy book) Also enjoyed a lovely gentle read

Now have
Fat Wars - The war on obesity
Our East End
2 Nora Roberts (waiting for the 1st book in the trilogy before I start lol)

Started reading the book club book Sea Glass - Anita Shreve

Last edited:
The Birthing House....about a bloke and his wife who buy this old house, the ones where they have the front porch and the rocking chair....he finds an old photo album of the "staff" that worked there 100 years before and when he looks at it closely his wife is in the photos...she has a scar on her face and that is the same as in the photos.....xx

Ohhh sounds like my kind of book will look at work for it

Wow that is some list - I have a very ordered mind and can only read one book at a time!! I am going to look out for this book - am sure I have read something by her before (the name rings a bell). Just started another Jodi Picoult book as well - very clever writing. Anyway shall let you all know
PS how are the diets going??

Im reading Kane & Abel by Jefferey Archer,my friend said it was a good book,i found it at my local market for 50p hardback aswell.
I love reading it relaxes me after a busy day with my son.

I've just started reading "The 19th Wife" by David Ebershoff after seeing a few people on this thread had recommended it, and after only just 100 pages I am loving it so far! I can't remember a time when I last felt so gripped by a book. I hope the rest of the book lives up to the beginning.

Back