What's everyone reading at the moment?

I am now reading Ken Follett's "The Pillars of The Earth" which I think he wrote about 20 yrs ago!!! It was recommended to me by a client and he has only recently written a sequel. Not my usual choice but it is fab - over 1000 pages and about half way through but really can't put it down!

Just finished reading the House of Night series, got addicted to them like Twilight books! :( Waiting to get the 6th book tempted now! I keep buying books it's like an obsession!

Ooh Smirky I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv the House of Night 6th book out on the 29th and I can't wait....I also got my niece addicted lol...then its New Moon first night showings for my birthday yipppeeee

Ooh Smirky I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv the House of Night 6th book out on the 29th and I can't wait....I also got my niece addicted lol...then its New Moon first night showings for my birthday yipppeeee

Glad to have found someone else loving the House of Night series!!! I took the first one on holiday with me after having it lying in my bedroom for ages thought i'd give it a go.... read it all on the train within 4 hours! Oops! Lol, as soon as i came back ordered the other 4 and read them within 3 days! I got totally addicted staying up till 3am just to finish the book! Talk about having men on the go!!! LOL Can't believe Zoey imprinted with Heath AGAIN talk about bad luck for Erik! I hope she ends up with him in the end though! ... They better make these books into films!!! Lol, I heard the 6th was out on the 7th oct... so there i was searching somewhere to buy it from, and it says date been changed?? so guessing 29th is the new date!!! Can't wait!!! :D And as for New Moon film!!! .... I keep watching the trailer over and over again! Majorly excited!! :D

I'm currently reading

1) The Dresden Files series -Just finished book 5 (Summer Knight) - Fantastic Magicy Crime/Mystery series.

2) The 'Sookie Stackhouse' (TrueBlood books) - Just finished book 4 (Dead To The World) - Awesome Vampire novels. (very different to the TV show.)

3) The Time Traveler's Wife - just finished. OMG I HAVE NEVER CRIED SO MUCH.

I read like 3 books a week if I can afford them! The Library has just re-opened thank goodness!

Ongoing series I'm reading:

1) The Dresden Files series -Just finished book 5 (Summer Knight) by Jim Butcher - Fantastic Magicy Crime/Mystery series.

2) The 'Sookie Stackhouse' (TrueBlood books) - Just finished book 4 (Dead To The World) by Charline Harris - Awesome Vampire novels. (very different to the TV show.)
------
The Time Traveler's Wife - just finished. OMG I HAVE NEVER CRIED SO MUCH.

I read like 3 books a week if I can afford them! The Library has just re-opened thank goodness!

I'm currently reading Fight Club by Chuck Palaniuk.

DOUBLE POST FAIL :( SORRY!

I started on Lord of the Rings a week ago... 6 books ... 1 book down! :D Love it! hehe Never read the book or seen films before doing it for the OH cause he loves them, and always mocks me for liking HP instead! oops hehe... so far so good! ... Gotta read all the books though before he will allow me to see the films, damn! :(

6 books? Have you got the US edition? :D

Good luck getting through the dire boredom of two hobbits climbing a bl**dy mountain for 600 pages...

Mind you, if you managed three teenagers in a tent for 600 pages of Deathly Hallows, you might survive :D

lozzie stardust, the time travellers wife is AMAZING- I was the same, i cried SO MUCH :-(

I go through about 3 books a week as well. this week it was Thomas Hardy's 'The Mayor Of Castorbridge', Daniel Defoe's 'Moll Flanders' and Freya North's 'pillow talk'. I am now onto a book someone lent me (i read whatever i can get my hands on!) this one is called 'portraits of Chloe' by Elvi Rhodes.

I am reading "The Suspicions of Mr Whicher" by Kate Summerscale - I'm not usually into detective fiction but it is fascinating, not least because it seems to be part fiction, part social history.

I'm actually reading a book called "Tuned In". Its a book that really relates to work but if you have anything to do with decision making or product management in your company - its a wonderful read! It's all about going from a company that just generates ideas internally "wouldn't it be cool..." to a company that actually bases its products on market problems - seems to be obvious, but its rare!

If I get to read for fun I usually go for books about the Tudor period - I have a thing for Queen Elizabeth :).

Have to agree with ya on the house of night novels. Wasnt sure at 1st but am now hooked! Same with twilight. At the mo im reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Same sorta thing with vampires,wolves and fairies etc. Really good so far, read 3/4's last night. Awake till 5 am! Ahhh! There are 3 books so far.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

If I get to read for fun I usually go for books about the Tudor period - I have a thing for Queen Elizabeth :).

My undergraduate degree is in English History Tudor/Stuart through Early English Industrial Revolution.

I am currently reading When Will There Be Good News by Kate Atkinson, Fast Food Nation, and Mill Girl -- and I have a few others in progress. But, as I am preplexed by the Atkinson book, I think I will finish this before picking up any of the others.

Ase, I suppose you like those Philippa Gregory books. I do -- she is a good writer, but they are somewhat factually inaccurate -- and so I get annoyed. I happen to think the actual events were fascinating and would provide a good framework for fictional fleshing out.

MM

I have Oliver Twist and The Last King Of Scotland on the go. Need to take some books back to the library tomorrow so I have new reads for over the hols!

Love the Sookie Stackhouse series, and think I might need to check out this House of Night series since so many of you seem to like them :)

Having watched Small Island on BBC1 last week I bought the first book by Andrea Levy (had not heard of her before) Every Light in the House Burnin' and I am enjoying it

Irene xx

The Last King Of Scotland -- I recorded that on the Sky + for holiday watching, I thought it would be uplifting. LOL

I might need to check out this House of Night series since so many of you seem to like them :) me, too.

Hi All,

Thanks for the postings it gives me some ideas of what to look for at the library.

MM

Just finished 'Keeping The Dead' by Tess Gerritsen, really good read, bit twisty and turny but really enjoyable. I'm hoping to get to the library tomorrow after work cos they have 'Her Fearful Symmetry' by Audrey Niffeneger on hold for me :D

Back