What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm just about to order the Nella Last books online to get them delivered. I watched Housewife 49 again last night and decided I'd love to read the books of her diaries so will be anticipating them arriving with great interest :)

Hi Girls, I'm new only started SW today and joined mini's today too. Looooove reading, just finished Room by Emma Donaghue would recommend it, amazing. Now I'm tucking into my xmas books, Stephen Frys book and Almost Moon by Alice sebold.
x

Hi All,
Hope I'm ok to post, I'm a real book worm!

Have just finished reading Lost Dogs & Lonely Hearts by Lucy Dillon, was brilliant - but I'm not sure if I'd have felt the same if I wasn't a dog owner (or rather owned by dogs)
Will be starting the follow up, Walking Back to Happiness tonight I think.

Im reading Martina Cole The family, she went really downhill with the last few books she did but was recommended this one.
Its better than her last few but she still likes to waffle on about the same things over and over.
Waiting for The Feud by Kimberley Chambers to come, cant wait! :)

I'm reading Patricia Cornwell's latest Scarpetta book "Port Mortury", and though I've been a fan for years, the last 2 books haven't been as good as her previous ones. This is no exception. Scarpetta's got very paranoid, she trusts no one around her - now it'll probably work out that everyone has been plotting behind her back, some for her good, some not so good. But boy is it hard going and a bit unrealistic.

I'm reading Patricia Cornwell's latest Scarpetta book "Port Mortury", and though I've been a fan for years, the last 2 books haven't been as good as her previous ones. This is no exception. Scarpetta's got very paranoid, she trusts no one around her - now it'll probably work out that everyone has been plotting behind her back, some for her good, some not so good. But boy is it hard going and a bit unrealistic.

I'm reading this book at the moment :) In my opinion it's better than the last couple of books, but like you said, it is a bit hard going! I said to my mum that unless people had quite good knowledge of science, especially analytical science, they'd find it really hard to get into! But then that's probably the same for all her books :) I've actually started thinking that Kathy Reichs is the finer writer :) xx

I am anxiously waiting for my copy of The Interventionists -- it has been highly reviewed and I need to get it read for my book group by February 1st.

MM

dudette2001uk said:
:) I've actually started thinking that Kathy Reichs is the finer writer :) xx

Are her books good? I love the TV show Bones and am worried that will spoil the books for me. Curious to know what you think.

I'm afraid I've never seen Bones, but I would definitely recommend Kathy Reichs as an author. I couldn't put her last book down (Mortal Remains), and it's unusual these days for me to ignore my work to the extent that I read a book all the way through in one sitting :)

I would say that Kathy Reichs' books are far less bogged down in science (not that I mind as I'm a science teacher!) and more accessible for pure entertainment. Patricia Cornwell's books make my brain hurt sometimes, lol! xx

Iv just started reading the secret!! Figured in my effort to lose the stones every little bit might help and so far have been quite surprised by it!! Usually I'm more a lynwood barclay, Dorothy koomson, Stephanie meyer kind of reader but will read anything that's put in front of me! Many arguments in our house about the amount of bookshelfs i have at home and in my parents house but I just can't bare to part with any of them sumthing hubby doesn't get as he hates reading!!

The books I've ordered have just been dispatched today so I should get them next week - brilliant :) I keep meaning to start the Left Behind books but I'm not in the mood for them, I'm into books set in the 30's and 40's at the moment.

I've got a new batch of books I'm going to order next week too :)

Just finished reading The Family by Martina Cole.

I have read all of her books and was so disappointed in her last two that I vowed I would give her one last chance with The Family!

It is much better than her last couple although still not a patch on a lot of her earlier novels.

I am now reading One Secret Summer by Lesley Lokko, fab author.

I've just started les miserables (vol 1) to take my mind off the diet. In fairness the diets easier than the book lol

I've just started les miserables (vol 1) to take my mind off the diet. In fairness the diets easier than the book lol
Haha, I would expect it is pretty hard going hun :D

I'm now reading the first of the Nella Last series, really enjoying it so far, can't put it down, I got all 3 of them so they'll keep me going for some time yet :) Also got Small Island, looks brilliant.

Torment by Lauren Kate, it is the follow up to Fallen and is pretty good so far (Chapter 2) hope it carries on that way.

My christmas present to myself of a selection of books finally arrived yesterday :) - dispatched by Amazon on 29th Dec, stuck somewhere with Royal Mail for 2 weeks :mad:

Just started "Apartment 16" by Adam Neville. It's a horror/supernatural novel set in an apartment building in London - don't normally go for horror but trying something different. Very good so far.....:)

I'm reading Shopaholic Abroad by Sophie Kinsella....she is a fave of mine at the mo...just finished her latest and am just mopping up some of the series! Really easy to read, not to be taken too seriously, just something to have a giggle about and get lost in for a while!x

I'm just loving the Nella Last diaries, they really give a fascinating insight into life during the war, I'm getting a lump in my throat at the thoughts of what some people went through. Intriguing books, I'm sitting up til 4am reading lately :eek:

Back