What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm reading Shopaholic Abroad by Sophie Kinsella....she is a fave of mine at the mo...just finished her latest and am just mopping up some of the series! Really easy to read, not to be taken too seriously, just something to have a giggle about and get lost in for a while!x

Love love love all her books!! Read them all! My faves are actually the non-shopaholic ones, imparticular 'The Undomestic Goddess' and 'Twenties Girl'! Pure genius!! X

Just started reading Dorothy koomsons the Cupid effect- read it few yrs ago and loved it so much went out and bought all her books!! Lovin it all over again

I've just ordered three more books:
Don't forget to write
Our Longest Days
Wartime Women

I'm really into these sort of books at the moment, just loving the Nella Last series. I'm also going to buy myself a little bookcase for my bedroom, my room is small but its going to be a nuisance having books lying around and I'd rather keep my books separate from my mums in the spare room.

I'm going to order 3 books a month from now on. I love it :) Where are all the rest of you book readers? I'm really missing discussing books - BunnyHops, you've just disappeared and I miss your posts hun!! :( xxx

I've just ordered three more books:
Don't forget to write
Our Longest Days
Wartime Women

I'm really into these sort of books at the moment, just loving the Nella Last series. I'm also going to buy myself a little bookcase for my bedroom, my room is small but its going to be a nuisance having books lying around and I'd rather keep my books separate from my mums in the spare room.

I'm going to order 3 books a month from now on. I love it :) Where are all the rest of you book readers? I'm really missing discussing books - BunnyHops, you've just disappeared and I miss your posts hun!! :( xxx

:wavey: Hello!! Ive missed being here too!! ive had a quick look back,it seems really quiet here without me and my big gob :giggle:

Ive not been too good,i started taking green tea a while back and after a week or so i began to itch like crazy,i was raking so hard i was bleeding and i got really sore :( ive been off the green tea for ages now and the itching has almost gone,but i still have itchy wrists every now and again and the occasional redness pops up so im thinking it wasnt the green tea after all...so im allergic to something i just dont know what :confused::confused:

however my absence from minis has given loads of extra time to read! which i'll post all about, hopefully on monday.. ive had a vomiting bug the last 2 days, still feel a little under the weather,my batteries should be running as normal by then... and back to bookie business ;)

:read: special hello to my fellow book worm Miss Mango!...How are you doing hun? chat soon!
xoxo

:wavey: Hello!! Ive missed being here too!! ive had a quick look back,it seems really quiet here without me and my big gob :giggle:

Ive not been too good,i started taking green tea a while back and after a week or so i began to itch like crazy,i was raking so hard i was bleeding and i got really sore :( ive been off the green tea for ages now and the itching has almost gone,but i still have itchy wrists every now and again and the occasional redness pops up so im thinking it wasnt the green tea after all...so im allergic to something i just dont know what :confused::confused:

however my absence from minis has given loads of extra time to read! which i'll post all about, hopefully on monday.. ive had a vomiting bug the last 2 days, still feel a little under the weather,my batteries should be running as normal by then... and back to bookie business ;)

:read: special hello to my fellow book worm Miss Mango!...How are you doing hun? chat soon!
xoxo
Ahhh Bunny Hops, so glad to see you posting again but so sorry to hear that you've been so poorly :( Sounds like you've had a hell of a time and I hope you're feeling a lot better now.
I've been unwell during January too with a bad cold and terrible ear infection, it was awful. I'm feeling tip top now though if not a little stressed :rolleyes:

Can't wait to hear about your reading, it HAS been quiet in here without you :D You know I always love to read your recommendations - I'm loving the Nella Last series and I have three more books coming any day soon, the ones I listed above.

So glad my fellow book worm is back :D Can't wait for your next lists of what you've bought next :p xxx

Hello, I am reading Death Message by Mark Billingham. Have got 6 Sookie Stackhouse to get stuck into when I have finished. X

Ahhh Bunny Hops, so glad to see you posting again but so sorry to hear that you've been so poorly :( Sounds like you've had a hell of a time and I hope you're feeling a lot better now.
I've been unwell during January too with a bad cold and terrible ear infection, it was awful. I'm feeling tip top now though if not a little stressed :rolleyes:

Can't wait to hear about your reading, it HAS been quiet in here without you :D You know I always love to read your recommendations - I'm loving the Nella Last series and I have three more books coming any day soon, the ones I listed above.

So glad my fellow book worm is back :D Can't wait for your next lists of what you've bought next :p xxx

Hi hun, yeah its been a bit rough, im almost tip top again, ive amazingly stuck to the diet too, lost 7lbs this week, dont quite feel ready to hook up on the challenges yet though :eek: ive not exercised for nearly a month,so ive got to get my bum back into gear! :D

sorry to hear that youve been unwell, but great to hear you all better now :D do you watch the tv book club?

xoxo

on the launch of Richard and Judys 2011 book club, all their new titles were on bogof in Whsmiths so i got these...

Tresspass by Rose Tremain

You're Next by Greg Herwitz

Hothouse Flower by Lucinda Riley

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake

The Postmistress could be one for you Miss Mango...

"It is 1940, and bombs fall nightly on London. In the thick of the chaos is young American radio reporter Frankie Bard. She huddles close to terrified strangers in underground shelters, and later broadcasts stories about survivors in rubble-strewn streets. But for her listeners, the war is far from home. Listening to Frankie are Iris James, a Cape Cod postmistress, and Emma Fitch, a doctor’s wife. Iris hears the winds stirring and knows that soon the letters she delivers will bear messages of hope or tragedy. Emma is desperate for news of London, where her husband is working – she counts the days until his return. But one night in London the fates of all three women entwine when Frankie finds a letter – a letter she vows to deliver . . . "

Asda have The Postmistress which is around £3.97 ish and its on buy one get one half prive in Whsmiths :D

ive not read any of these yet...

Last edited:
Im also loving The TV Book Club, as so far i have these titles...

The Long Song by Andrea Levy

Bleed for Me by Michael Robotham

I also want to get Tiger Hills by Sarita Mandanna and My Last Duchess by Daisy Goodwin

Last edited:
So ive been reading...

Behing the Scenes at the Museum.

When Will There Be Good News?

Inside The Whale

The Angels Game

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

Ive had all of these sat on my pile for so long, i enjoyed all of them.. I loved The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie! I loved Flavia Du Luce, so much so that i would consider changing my name to that lol

"For very-nearly-eleven-year-old Flavia de Luce, the discovery of a dead snipe on the doorstep of Buckshaw, the crumbling de Luce country seat, was a marvellous mystery - especially since this particular snipe had a rather rare stamp neatly impaled on its beak. Even more astonishing was the effect of the dead bird on her stamp-collector father, who appeared to be genuinely frightened. Soon Flavia discovers something even more shocking in the cucumber patch and it's clear that the snipe was a bird of very ill omen indeed. As the police descend on Buckshaw, Flavia decides it is up to her to piece together the clues and solve the puzzle. Who was the man she heard her father arguing with? What was the snipe doing in England at all? Who or what is the Ulster Avenger? And, most peculiar of all, who took a slice of Mrs Mullet's unspeakable custard pie that had been cooling by the window...? "

Ive had all 3 of Steig Larssons books sat there for months unread, im just not quite ready for it yet :confused::confused:

theres a lot on interest in Scandinavian authors at the moment,theyre coming out the woodwork :D so when i was browsing the books in Asda, i quickly snapped up these... and the bonus was there were 2 books in the pack :gimi: well worth picking up..

I havent read them yet, she has another 2 out in the series which i hope to get.

Another series ive bought is The No1 Ladies detective Agency.. ive not seen anything on the tele but my friend gave me 2 books from this series, so before i can read them i had to get the remaining 9 to read them in order... (thats ocd so for you lol)

so from this series ive bought..

due out 3/211

and the 12th book is due out in march :eek: ive not even started them yet!! i love the artwork on these books, i love animals so even if i dont like series i will keeping the books for the covers ;)

I seem to binge read a lot on genre... for a while i was hooked on young adult reads, i think it was the Twilight saga that started it all off ( im soooo team Edward btw :giggle:)
i still have a lot of young adult books to read, but ive been seduced by a lot crime books lately,ive never really been into crime as such, i dont mind it, but im hard to scare and get the chills...but another series ive discovered is...

The Roy Grace detective series, by Peter James. Ive never read anything by him but i read the blurb on his latest novel and bought the book...

Dead Like You

ive been told they are stand alone reads but there are other books with the same detective,which i ordered from amazon and they came on friday :bliss:

so i intend to make a start on these very soon!! i so hope theres a second life,as i dont have enough time in this one to read everything lol...

I also forgot to mention.. ;)

I kept seeing this when walking past the Waterstones window,but i just wasnt prepared to pay £12.99 for this..so i jumped for joy when i saw this nearly new and half read at a small nearly new and new book store for £1.99!! Im so glad i didnt pay full price...it really wasnt that good...anybody else read this???

also another book which i have to talk about is...

I won this off a book giveaway... anyone else read this? there are some books that i just dont read,mainly because of the covers,and this is one of them... im so glad i won this,its a disturbing but great read.​

Im a huge history buff, love my history! im a massive fan of historical fiction, books and on screen, i love The Tudors!

I recently devoured these

i was given lots of books for Christmas, one of which was

Ive not read this yet, has anyone else? Philppa Gregory is a fantastic author, ive also heard good things about Alison Wier
I have this of hers to read ..

Does anybody recommend anything else by this author or any author who fits this genre?

Back