What's everyone reading at the moment?

Ok flipping heck Bunny Hops :D I am punch drunk with all these books :D :D I'm just off out for a bit but when I get back later on I shall be checking out all these books - you're such a little hive of information you are :p
I don't watch the Bookclub thing on tv but I think I might start. Speak later on when I'll give a fuller answer :D xxxx

I've read We Need to Talk about Kevin. Yes it was disturbing, but thoroughly enjoyable. I read it whilst on holiday & think that was the best time as I could concentrate on reading it.

Hi hun, yeah its been a bit rough, im almost tip top again, ive amazingly stuck to the diet too, lost 7lbs this week, dont quite feel ready to hook up on the challenges yet though :eek: ive not exercised for nearly a month,so ive got to get my bum back into gear! :D

sorry to hear that youve been unwell, but great to hear you all better now :D do you watch the tv book club?

xoxo
Can I just say WOW and well done for losing all those lbs, thats flipping fantastic girl :D I'm very impressed. I've only lost 5lbs in all the month so you're doing better than tubby old me :p I've been out for a meal tonight and now I feel so guilty, I won't be going again in a long time :(

I'm feeling really motivated atm though and ready to spring into action, I've got a few new workout games I want for the Wii too which will be fab.

I've had a gander through all those books (how do you find the flipping time?!?) and I have to say that most of them catch my interest, especially the Postmistress - I actually just spotted that on Waterstones online the other day and wanted it. I have to buy my books at 3 a month cos of the cost so I've got to chose which ones I want most. I might head into town though as sometimes the store has a different offer on to whats going on online so I'm gonna have a look.

I got Small Island a few weeks back but not started it yet as reading the Nella Last series, I love them. I really want to read the Steig Larson books but not just yet.

I just saw a few other books I want, they're all WW2 themed though, I'm totally into that era atm and the diaries etc, love them. Want to get Love and War in London asap.

I'm off to have another looksies at the rest of your book list :D Speak soon hunnie xxxx

I'm excited as I just got a bookcase for my bedroom and have spent this afternoon packing it and tidying up, looks great :D Won't be big enough for all the books I'm gonna collect though :p

I am so glad I've found this section....but for shame...I am reading Katie Price's new one
one of my new years resolutions was to improve on the type of books I am tending to read lately!

Hello all. My name is Sue and I am a bookaholic. :D

Just finishing The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver. Wasn't entirely sure I'd like it but it's bloody good. Set in Mexico and the US in the 1930's/40's.

Read The Angel's Game a while back - when in Barcelona as it happens. I liked the links with Shadow Of The Wind although the two can be read separately.

There's Something About Kevin is uncomfortable reading for sure.

As for Miss Gregory - I enjoyed her Tudor books (not the film which was so historically inaccurate it made me :mad:) but found The White Princess a tad .. wishywashy? Will get around to reading the Margaret Beaufort (Red Queen) one as soon as it's in paperback. I've read some reviews and there were comments that the Red Queen rehashed much of the White Queen plot. :confused:

Alison Weir - I've read her non-fiction and recommend it even if I'm not convinced by all her conclusions!

If you are a history nut you might like the Ken Follett books Pillars of the Earth (on telly recently) and the sequel World Without End?

Im almost finished Nella Last's War, been fantastic and really interesting, definitely one I'll read again. Going to start Nella Last's Peace next and I'm going to the shops tomorrow to buy more books, I'm excited :D :D :D

Just finished Minerva Virus by Brian Shuster, couldnt put it down! a story of just how dangerous computer viruses can be. The story is about a single supervirus and the devasting effect it can have on the whole world, and what can happen if the net were brought down. Scary stuff!

I'm not a sci fi fan but if you're into social/psychological sci fi rather than action sci fi then I recommend Iain M Banks. It IS Iain Banks - he adds the M for his sci fi stuff. :D

Iain [M] Banks

Just finished Minerva Virus by Brian Shuster, couldnt put it down! a story of just how dangerous computer viruses can be. The story is about a single supervirus and the devasting effect it can have on the whole world, and what can happen if the net were brought down. Scary stuff!
Oh I like the sound of that one, its going on my wishlist :D

I have just started a book called left behind by Tim Le Have and am listening to Friday Nights by Joanna Trollope on the way to and from work!

Oh the Left Behind books are excellent Kate, I think you'll love them.

I've just ordered 10 books, I can't wait to receive them, they're all books about the second world war, Mass Observation diaries etc. My little bookcase in my bedroom is gonna be full in no time :D

I just finished reading Patriot Games by Tom Clancy, have to say i do love his Jack Ryan books although some of the newer ones are huge.

I'm currently reading Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D Taylor, this one is for uni, apparently it won the Newbery Medal, it's interesting so far. Set during the American Depression, tells the story of a girl learning to stand up for her rights.

Letters to Juliet by Lise Friedman, it's the factual book (not love story) that the film was based on, so far i'm loving it. There's allsorts i didn't realise about the story.

Can't decide what fiction to read next for fun. I can't afford anything new, and my city libraries are c**p, so i'll have to reread something from my shelves, just can't decide what.

Thanks I read quite a bit of the first book last night and was hooked
Glad you're enjoying them already :) Have you managed to get any more read yet?

I just received Our Street by Gilda O Neill yesterday, looks great, just the sort of read I like and has so many stories in from people about how they coped during the war. Breaks my heart to read about the evacuee's and children.

I am a bit further on into the first book and am loving it, I should get lots of reading time this coming week so will read lots more of it. A friend at work has lent me this and I think DH will love it too so have bought it for him. Most of the series is on the book case at church so I wont have to buy them all!

Back