What's everyone reading at the moment?

I just got another of my new books through the post today, its about the Land Girls, looks great. I also got The Long Road Home by Sid Waddell, looks quite amusing :D

Ive been reading Sarah Waters,and i found one of her earlier books you might like..

Ive ordered this, dying for it to come ;)

I love all those cute kitties!! do you have a kitty? i really want another cat, a grey one :D

Heyyyy bunny_hops :D That book is already on my wish list hun, its one I'm going to get in my next batch hopefully - I've got about 100 books on my wishlist :p

Yes I have a cat - he's 16 this year so getting old now but I love him to bits, he's like my baby, had him since I was 10. He is a right character as well, can be as grumpy as an old man at times if we don't say hello to him when he comes into the room or something equally as silly :D
I posted a pic of him somewhere, I'll find it and pm it over :) xx

Finally decided on a book. Well actually was lent a book and felt seeing as i wasn't reading anything else i'd better read it.

It's called In Their Footsteps by Tess Gerritsen. It's quite good so far.

Currently reading Gone by Mo Hayder.

Next up is Ranulph Fiennes

Yes I have a cat - he's 16 this year so getting old now but I love him to bits, he's like my baby, had him since I was 10. He is a right character as well, can be as grumpy as an old man at times if we don't say hello to him when he comes into the room or something equally as silly :D

Still a baby Miss Mango ...:cool: Mind you aren't they always? Our eldest was 23 before we lost her and she managed 18 years of that on 3 legs! Five others all got well into their 20's. Currently we have 2 "twins" who are 5 and an older lady of 8 we acquired when her previous owner had to give her up. :( She's nervy but very loving...the Twins are both black and gorgeous from a local rescue centre.

Still a baby Miss Mango ...:cool: Mind you aren't they always? Our eldest was 23 before we lost her and she managed 18 years of that on 3 legs! Five others all got well into their 20's. Currently we have 2 "twins" who are 5 and an older lady of 8 we acquired when her previous owner had to give her up. :( She's nervy but very loving...the Twins are both black and gorgeous from a local rescue centre.
Awww how did she come to only have 3 legs, was she injured or something?
Yes my cat is a baby :D He is a right grumpy old man at times too :p
I hope he lasts until into his 20's too, I don't know what I'd do without him. He can be a pain at times but is mostly adorable.

Your cats sound lovely, I'm glad your older lady got a good home with you when her owner had to give her up. At least she got someone who cares for her. :) x

I just finished Nella Last's War - excellent read, would thoroughly recommend it. Now reading the next in the series, Nella Last's Peace which is just as good.

im a massive science geek and i've just started reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. I cant put it down (except to eat, of course haha!). Henrietta Lacks is a black woman who died in 1951 from cervical cancer, her cells went on to contribute towards fantastic research and develop drugs for things from STD's to high blood pressure, leukemia and loads loads more. Her cells are still alive today and are in almost every scientific research facility in the world. Her cells have been living longer outside of her body than they did inside. The book is a fantastic story about her life and what her cells achieved and are still achieving.

Once I finish this I'm going on to Dom Joly's 'Dark Tourism' :)

im a massive science geek and i've just started reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. I cant put it down (except to eat, of course haha!). Henrietta Lacks is a black woman who died in 1951 from cervical cancer, her cells went on to contribute towards fantastic research and develop drugs for things from STD's to high blood pressure, leukemia and loads loads more. Her cells are still alive today and are in almost every scientific research facility in the world. Her cells have been living longer outside of her body than they did inside. The book is a fantastic story about her life and what her cells achieved and are still achieving.

Once I finish this I'm going on to Dom Joly's 'Dark Tourism' :)

That book sounds really interesting! I think I might look up a copy of that as I'm also a science geek! :D:D xx

It is truly brilliant. Her cells were the first to be taken into space to see their behaviour in zero gravity. I started reading the book because I'm currently doing a science course to get me into unviersity, I wanted to see if this book would be the deciding factor as to what sector of science I should do and I'm aiming towards pharmaceuticals, so watch this space! lol

I am reading one moment one morning by sarah rayner and listening to Brixton Beach on the way to and from work - both books are set for my book club over the next 2 months

im only about 1/4 of the way into the book and quite enjoying it - can't see how it will all come together at the end yet but i am sure it will lol

Currently on 'Moab is my Wash Pot' by Stephen Fry :) I think he's amazing bless him.

I'm reading a few at the moment, 'hannibal' by thomas harris, i read red dragon and silence of the lambs first, and after this i will read hannibal rising. I love books like this they're fascinating. Also readins 'story of o' by pauline reage (fake pen name of author) which is a kind of disturbing 'erotic classic' alsooo reading a brief history of time by stephen hawking :) i buy books all the time so have a big pile to get through!

i have just finished one moment one morning and I found it very slow and a bit boring - oh well i have a choice of what to read later now :)

Back