What's everyone reading at the moment?

Just finished Supping with Panthers by Tom Holland for the book club... not sure what to go for next...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Just finished 'The Make' by Jessie Keane and half way through 'Darkly Dreaming Dexter on my new ipad :) and i am about to start ' Never a Hero to Me' a book i have in my drawer at work :)

IM reading The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson at the moment, or more to the point trying NOT to read it!. I wanted a totally absorbing book for the 4 hour flight to Tenerife on Friday, so had a look at the bestseller lists. I downloaded a sample of this onto my Kindle and was hooked! I downloaded the whole book before I even finished reading the sample, even though it was pricy for a kindle book, cheaper to buy the actual book.

Jon Ronson is an investigative journalist and wrote The Men Who Stare at Goats, which equally absorbing. The Psychopath Test is his investigation into a mysterious book that was sent to numerous professors in 2008. I had not heard of it (Being or Nothingness by Joe K) so i googled it and turns up loads of fascinating stuff about it on various blogs. Cant wait to get really stuck into it, I have to keep stopping myself reading it at the moment!

I downloaded a kindle sample of Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson, read through the first few pages and then downloaded the whole book before I finished reading the sample! Absolutely hooked on it.

The story is about a 47 yr old woman who had some years before suffered a terrible accident (or trauma, not totally clear on that yet) that has resulted in severe amnesia. Every day when she wakes she has no idea where she is or that 20 odd years have gone> Everyday her husband has to explain who he is, where they live and what the daily routine is. Every day her doctor rings her to tell her where she keeps her journal, that she writes her thoughts and few memories into. This journal is key to her understanding her situation, and the fact that she is seeing this doctor without her husbands knowledge.

There is something unknown about the actual circumstances of how she lost her memory, and possibly something her husband is keeping from her. Im only about 20% the way through the book so im still getting to grips with the issues, but absolutley fascinating read and pretty much unputdownable.

Got that in my pile to read - can't wait to get into it.

Have just finished Room - thought it was very good but found the second half a bit quick and unfulfilling, as though the essence of the story had just run out ! Never mind - it was a good quick read though.

Just started : Cleo by Helen Brown - the story of a kitten that helps a family to heal after a tragedy.

Have got loads to choose from after this but need to save a "big" one for my hols in August - as I am only allowed to take one book !! lol - as am under orders to play with the nephew and neice :) and not spend the whole time reading lol.

I need a book to stop me reading my plane book! and im a cat person so ive just downloaded Cleo. Thanks for that!

Hey Lynn, You might want to take a look at "Caspar the Commuting Cat" too - can't remember who that is by though. Specially as both are relatively little books ie less than 300 pages. :)

The Midwives Confession by Diane Chamberlain

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

stacy87 said:
The Midwives Confession by Diane Chamberlain

That's another one I've downloaded but haven't started yet. I keep collecting these books but never have the time to read them!!

I'm reading About Last Night by Adele Parks at the minute.

On holiday at the moment, have read When God Was A Rabbit, Remains Of The Day & Psychpath Test, all fantastic reads & all read since Friday. Have just started The Tigers Wife.

MattsMum said:
That's another one I've downloaded but haven't started yet. I keep collecting these books but never have the time to read them!!

I'm reading About Last Night by Adele Parks at the minute.

It took me a little while to get into it, but I'm quite enjoying it now :)

I'm reading Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich

The Stephanie Plum series is great fun and the books are a quick read. They were recommended to me two years ago and I borrowed the first 13 from the library and read them pretty much one after the other over about a month.

Nearly finished The Common Lawyer by Mark Giminez. A decent read, not quite as good as the last one of his I read (The Abduction) but good all the same.

Hi im reasing a book called lovely bones by alice sebold its very diffrent realy getting into it anyone else read it

Hi im reasing a book called lovely bones by alice sebold its very diffrent realy getting into it anyone else read it

Yes ive read this, i really enjoyed it.You`re right it is a little different.Ive just finished a book called The Gaurdian angel`s journal by Carolyn jess-cooke and it too is a great read,its also a little different to anything that ive read.I would recommend it most definitly.

Back