What's everyone reading at the moment?

have just finished jaycee lee duraguard and have not started denial by coleen nolan

**Sparkle Starrs** said:
I've now finished Stephen King's Insomnia and now started Kathryn Stockett's The Help on my brand new Kindle :))

The help is a great book very disturbing for the people in it but good x

Sent from my iPhone love n hugs Kel xx

What are the Shardlake series about? And how many in the series?;)

Shardlake is a lawyer. The books are set in the times of Henry VIII with all the unrest that went on at that time. The first book "Dissolution" which as the title suggests is based round the dissolution of the monasteries after Henry VIII decided he was going to set up the Church of England so he could have a new bit of skirt :rotflmao: Anyway, they are generally murder/mystery type books that are very evocative of that period in history. They're very well written - well the first two are anyway, I can't speak for the rest yet! There are 5 so far in the series.

Wii-Gym-Bunny said:
Ahh you're like me :D I can spend many hours looking through Amazon and picking out what I would like next - I also would like a Kindle so goodness knows how bad it will get when I eventually get one :p

It's bad guys, it's bad! Someone recommends a book and you STRAIGHT away add it!! X

i read James Patterson at the minute i am reading Run for your Life. :) excellent

I'm just reading worse case it's good x

Sent from my iPhone love n hugs Kel xx

I'm reading Solomon's Song by Bryce Courtenay, the last in the Australian Trilogy. Hopefully it will be as good as the first two and I'm fairly confident it will be as I've enjoyed all his books that I've read. He writes to a consistently high standard.

reading Pet Semetary by Stephen King on my IPad ...
First Stephen King book I ever read - got me hooked, and read every book he wrote for years after that. :)

I'm still on A Game of Thrones - being very slow at reading for some reason. Got the rest of Ice & Fire queued up, followed by The Winter King by Bernard Cornwell.

The Proof of Love by Catherine Hall

'Who are you Spencer Little? Why are you here?' During the long hot summer of 1976, a brilliant young Cambridge mathematician arrives in a remote village in the Lake District and takes on a job as a farm labourer. Painfully awkward and shy, Spencer Little is viewed with suspicion by the community and his only real friendship is with scruffy, clever ten-year-old Alice. When he saves Alice from a wild-fire, the locals at last begin to accept him, but as he is drawn deeper into their lives, he also becomes aware of their secrets - and of the difficulty of keeping his own. As the heat-wave intensifies and the web of complicity tightens around him, it becomes clear that Spencer will eventually have to make a choice: between passion and logic, and between loyalty and truth..

I just read two series of books by Rachel Caine. One series is about living amongst vampires and the other, about a class of people who help control the planets systems, fire, air and earth.
They are teen fiction but fantastic to read, I'm just waiting for all the others I've reserved at the library to turn up!!!

Fionat29 said:
I just read two series of books by Rachel Caine. One series is about living amongst vampires and the other, about a class of people who help control the planets systems, fire, air and earth.
They are teen fiction but fantastic to read, I'm just waiting for all the others I've reserved at the library to turn up!!!

I might have to check these out... I love my vampire fiction...xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

George RR Martin - A Game of Thrones

I watched The game of thrones when it was on TV loved it so much that when I found out it was based on a book HAD to read the book.

So far (halfway) it's amazing.

xx

I Loved GOT too..can't wait til it's back ;)

I'm reading Something Wicked This Way Comes

Back