What's everyone reading at the moment?

It's a true life one. It's a " normal " family life is good but they have a few problems and the father works away . Anyhow it ends up that the father has sexually abused one of his daughters and it turns their life upside down ( obviously ) the father is not remorseful one bit ...... And that's the part I've got upto .

Thanks for that, it sounds brill :D I'll put it on my growing list!

I read a child called it, the little prisoner and one about he magdalene laundries, after that I stay well away from those books, I call them misery memoirs, they're all the same story just different characters...

Yeah they are to be fair but there is just something that draws me to these types of books .. Even though they make me so angry . I suppose it's like not ignoring that these things go on maybe it's the shock factor I dont know but other books just don't seem to interest me ....apart from Roalh Dahl I love his books .

brads27 said:
I had not read a book for years then my wife read a book called Endal,after she read it she told me a few things about it so i started to read it,what a story and it is true,it really happened.Endal is a dog if you google Endle he has is own website.

Is it sad though I'm a big dig lover Marley an me broke my heart lol xxx

I didn't the book marley and me, and I didn't think much to the film either, I was actually quite bored, although the end was sad...

I liked the book but not the film so much I'm a sucker for dogs me lol xx

At the moment, I'm reading my Open University course book for an essay that has to be submitted next week. Then I have a list of books to read and I have listed the first three below.
I'll be starting with The Ghost of Lily Painter by Caitlin Davis, then Blood Brother by J A Kerley, followed by Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs.

funcurls said:
Ooh I love vampire books Sadie!! Let us know what it's like- I may invest!!!X

It's started out quite good, well written, and not cheesy, will post a full review as soon as I have finished it...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

sleepytimesadie said:
It's started out quite good, well written, and not cheesy, will post a full review as soon as I have finished it...

Ps... You might want to read Paris Immortal by a friend of mine, Sherry Roit... If you like a good non trashy vampire novel hers are ace, the main protagonist's are gay, but her plots are well thought out and you get drawn in to finding out more about them...

Ps... You might want to read Paris Immortal by a friend of mine, Sherry Roit... If you like a good non trashy vampire novel hers are ace, the main protagonist's are gay, but her plots are well thought out and you get drawn in to finding out more about them...

Ooh how exciting having a novelist friend!! It sounds great! Nowt wrong with a bit of gay literature! I'm a big fan of Sarah Waters' work- she's amazing! Talking of having links with people, I nursed her uncle!X

funcurls said:
Ooh how exciting having a novelist friend!! It sounds great! Nowt wrong with a bit of gay literature! I'm a big fan of Sarah Waters' work- she's amazing! Talking of having links with people, I nursed her uncle!X

Another good author is also a good friend she writes mainly fantasy is Freda Warrington... I know them because I have been involved in the Bram Stoker awards for eons, and run DarkSouls which is a branch of the vampire society, we have a writers group which I am part of, I dabble a bit myself when I get the chance... I like Sarah Waters too, I loved The Little Stranger... Look out for both Freda's and Sherry's work, they are both great writers...

Another good author is also a good friend she writes mainly fantasy is Freda Warrington... I know them because I have been involved in the Bram Stoker awards for eons, and run DarkSouls which is a branch of the vampire society, we have a writers group which I am part of, I dabble a bit myself when I get the chance... I like Sarah Waters too, I loved The Little Stranger... Look out for both Freda's and Sherry's work, they are both great writers...

Wow Sadie, you're very involved then!! I find that really exciting!! How did you first become interested in vampires and fantasy stuff? Were you always into it as a child?XXX

I just finished reading "One Day"-I got sucked in by the hype!! But omg what a letdown..It was an enjoyable, light read but one that you'd have to take with a pinch of salt. I don't want to give the whole plot away(!) but did anyone else come away thinking that it was a bit disappointing?

I just finished reading "One Day"-I got sucked in by the hype!! But omg what a letdown..It was an enjoyable, light read but one that you'd have to take with a pinch of salt. I don't want to give the whole plot away(!) but did anyone else come away thinking that it was a bit disappointing?

I actually thoroughly enjoyed it, but then again I wouldn't say it was 'the modern classic' that some of the reviews claimed it to be! Despite loving it, it didn't move me to the core and if I'm totally honest I don't think it's one that will stay with me for years to come like other books have!X

funcurls said:
Wow Sadie, you're very involved then!! I find that really exciting!! How did you first become interested in vampires and fantasy stuff? Were you always into it as a child?XXX

Yes, I was about seven when my Dad read Dracula to me, I was very ill in hospital at the time, and Vampires were both scary and exciting, they could do all the stuff I couldn't, carried my fascination with me into adulthood, got a open university degree in vampire lit and lore... I have written a lot of articles for magazines on the subject... It's given me a lot of pleasure and bought me a lot of 'family' in the goth subculture and alternative scene...

Back