What's everyone reading at the moment?

sleepytimesadie said:
Yes, I was about seven when my Dad read Dracula to me, I was very ill in hospital at the time, and Vampires were both scary and exciting, they could do all the stuff I couldn't, carried my fascination with me into adulthood, got a open university degree in vampire lit and lore... I have written a lot of articles for magazines on the subject... It's given me a lot of pleasure and bought me a lot of 'family' in the goth subculture and alternative scene...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Wow that's really impressive! I'd like to explore it more! X

I'm reading "Dark Genesis, Birth of the Psi Corps" which is the first book out of three and is based on the most awesome sci-fi show, Babylon 5.

Huh... didn't think I'd be revealing my she-geek status so early on!

Bought yesterday and finished today Alex kava damaged haven't read any off hers for a while but I enjoyed it.
Starting on the cutting by James hayman another charity shop bargain!

Hi im reading lovers and liars by nina bell very interesting so far also like melissa hill
My fav has to be sophie kinsella at the moment

...I don't think it's one that will stay with me for years to come like other books have!X

So if you could name 3 books that have stayed with you for years, which are your favourites? :)

So if you could name 3 books that have stayed with you for years, which are your favourites? :)

OOOh! Wuthering Heights, We Need to Talk about Kevin and The Help. Three of many books that have made an impact on me and stayed with me.

This is a really hard question, as there are books from my childhood that I've loved and treasured because of the memories they evoke. There are books I've read recently and the past few years that have stayed with me too.

For now I'm going to say Harry Potter series...the reason why, when I read these books, they took me to whole new place, I lived, breathed and dreamed Hogwarts..I couldn't concentrate on anything but Harry Potter and Hogwarts. Other books have done this too, but not quite as magical as Harry. :)

have you seen the movie of The Help?

Sarahelizabeth said:
OOOh! Wuthering Heights, We Need to Talk about Kevin and The Help. Three of many books that have made an impact on me and stayed with me.

I loved the help so sad but thought the ending could have been better I'm debating reading we need to talk about Kevin too xx

The film of Kevin opens this week and The Help opens next week. It was a big hit in america and I can't wait to see it and hope it does the book justice. Charlie's Mummy, do read Kevin-a hard but worthwhile read.x

I watched The Help a few weeks ago and it's vry good :)

I am reading 'snatched' by Mandasue Heller

I LOVE Mandasue Heller! Definitely one of my favourite writers. I'm just coming to the end of The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas and have really enjoyed it after hearing very mixed reviews. So long as it ends as good as the rest of the book has been it'll be a thumbs up from me!

will have to have a look for it as i have never heard of it before. I also like, sheila quigley,martina cole,helen black,jessie keane,Dreda Say Mitchell, Niamah O'Conner:)

Sarahelizabeth said:

Funny you should say that!! I was just going to name WE Need To Talk....and I just finished The Help this morning and LOVED it!! Other books that will stay with me are both A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Kite Runner and also The Shadow Of The Wind (Carlos Ruiz Zafon), The Island (Victoria Hislop) and Birdsong (Sebastian Faulks)! I can't wait to see The Help at the cinema at the end of the month and I've only just found out that We Need To Talk About Kevin has been adapted into a film! Wow! X

Back