What's everyone reading at the moment?

Funcurls, hooray a fellow knitter on here, I knew there would be one somewhere :). A lot of people listen to audio books while knitting, I tend to watch tv or read on my phone when doing it and keep the audio books for being childless in the car but they are great to pass the time. I've got the Harry potter and Sookie Stackhouse ones so far, the former are read by Stephen Fry which is always a good thing in my book :)

I too have the hunger games on my list, I have too many and too little time though. I'll have to check out Kevin too

FBB x

Funcurls, hooray a fellow knitter on here, I knew there would be one somewhere :). A lot of people listen to audio books while knitting, I tend to watch tv or read on my phone when doing it and keep the audio books for being childless in the car but they are great to pass the time. I've got the Harry potter and Sookie Stackhouse ones so far, the former are read by Stephen Fry which is always a good thing in my book :)

I too have the hunger games on my list, I have too many and too little time though. I'll have to check out Kevin too

FBB x

Ooh great!!!! Are you an experienced knitter?!! What kind of things do you do? I'm so new to it I've only done scarves and now I'm trying this teddybear!! I can't have anything on in the background that I need to really focus on because the knitting takes so much of my concentration, all the counting involved is real headwork!!! I'd love to be able to make clothes, bags, socks and toys!! There are so many cool ideas in the magazines I've got but it's a bit of a foreign language for me still at the moment!! X

Anything I knit always ends up a scarf lol.

I thoroughly recommend Case Histories by Kate Atkinson. Can't put it down and am just going to finish it now!!

Funcurls, yes I would say I am, are you a member of Ravelry? Drop me a pm if you want any help :)

Have just moved on to "Oink, My Life With Minipigs" by Matt Whyman. Funny, light hearted read and a must for animal lovers.

I am hoping to finish the half blood prince today and then I've got the hunger games ready on my kindle for after.

I quite want to read room but I'm a bit apprehensive due to the subject matter. Hmm. How did everyone else find it?

Just started The small hand by Susan Hill... It's the DarkSouls bookclub choice this month, I am finding it a bit tedious at the moment... I'll give it a good bash before I give up, but life is too short for a bad book...

So what should I start next - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, or a crime novel (my guilty pleasure)? Hmmm!!

Half blood prince finished!

The Hunger Games now. I think I'll like this series, and I like to read the book before I see the film:)

I too always try to read the book first, however I saw the original film about a year or so ago, so want to read all three books before I watch the others. It seems daunting though!!

I might settle for Heat magazine today ;)

Miss.S said:
So what should I start next - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, or a crime novel (my guilty pleasure)? Hmmm!!

Miss S The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo IS a crime novel! Go for it! And enjoy! XxX

Fattibumbum said:
Funcurls, yes I would say I am, are you a member of Ravelry? Drop me a pm if you want any help :)

Ooh fab I may take you up on that, thanks!! No I havent heard of Ravelry but will check it out immediately! Thanks for the tip! X

Love this thread! I've jst written a list of books to download onto my kindle! Love love love my kindle!!

For the person not sure about whether to read 'room' (sorry, can't remember who it was!) it's a phenomenal book - I loved it! Just so different, I read it an evening last year and I still think about it lots. Brilliant!

I have just finished Before I go to sleep which I adored, need to find something else to get my teeth into now - far better for the diet if I devour books not food! :) x x

Thanks indiebabe. I'll give it a go.

Started the hunger games today and I'm hooked already. Im looking forward to bedtime so I can read some more!

Doh!! Can't believe I missed that one!! What a silly!! Right, that will be my next book then decision made!!

Now to fit in reading in between gymming, work and watching awesome tv shows (Dexter, Breaking Bad, Borgen!! Such a Telly addict right now!)

I'm just about to start The Hunger Games, I'm a bit bored reading this Charlaine Harris book again, I need something new.

Room is a totally amazing book.......different!

I've just finished War Horse and now started on Sister by Rosamund Lupton.xx

Back