What's everyone reading at the moment?

I just googled The Hunger Games and I am intrigued - sounds so good. I may have to make an amazon order in the morning!!x

Miss.S said:
Well I gave girl with the dragon tattoo a good go, but it's just not grabbing me, so I'm binning it off for the moment.

Going to start Death du Jour by Kathy Reichs instead. I love all kinds of literature but crime novels are my guilty pleasure!! We have a book swap scheme at work so I never have to buy any!! :)

Go back to it!!!! The first third of the book is really slow (i nearly gave up too) but I PROMISE you it's worth the perseverance. All 3 in the trilogy are AMAZING! Pick it up and keep reading!!!

I also love Kathy reichs stuff but as much as I love them, they are not a patch on steig larsson!! X

Sorry to butt in! Had to comment on TGWTDT thing!!

Can I join in? Don't get as much chance to read as I used to but love getting a good book!! The last few books I've read have been children's books though because I have to read them for work. 'Holes' by Louis Sachar was very good and 'The Dragonfly Pool' and 'Journey to the River Sea' both by Eva Ibbotson were good adventure books and didn't necessarily feel like they were children's books. I'm on Stormbreaker now! Will get back to my kindle and some adult books during half term!! The last adult book I read was a thriller / crime novel by Kerry Wilkinson called 'Locked In'. I really enjoyed it. X

I will try it again another time, I think it going to be one of those that I don't get into until the 4th or 5th try!!
Xx

I wasn't sure of The Hunger Games at first but now I'm hooked on it, she's just been picked and is saying bye bye. Eek.

Currently ploughing through Charlene Harris's Living Dead in Dallas. I'm not really enjoying it though, kind of 'I've started, so I'll finish'. Planning to read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood next.

Reading Curfew by Phil Rickman... Love his Merrily Watkins series so I thought I would give his earlier stuff a go...

Last edited:
Loved 'Poppy Shakespeare" and am now starting on "Manic" by Terri Cheney........her struggle with manic depression......OMIGOD bit of a theme going on here, will honestly not read about mental illness next!! Have enough issues of my own lol xxxx

Sofartogo! said:
Sorry to butt in! Had to comment on TGWTDT thing!!

Can I join in? Don't get as much chance to read as I used to but love getting a good book!! The last few books I've read have been children's books though because I have to read them for work. 'Holes' by Louis Sachar was very good and 'The Dragonfly Pool' and 'Journey to the River Sea' both by Eva Ibbotson were good adventure books and didn't necessarily feel like they were children's books. I'm on Stormbreaker now! Will get back to my kindle and some adult books during half term!! The last adult book I read was a thriller / crime novel by Kerry Wilkinson called 'Locked In'. I really enjoyed it. X

A really good series of 'Children's books' is the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. I read them over Christmas...........twice. Yeah, they really were that good.

Miss.S said:
Ooh and Holes by Louis Sachar is amazing!!! I think a lot of 'kids' books are underrated!!x

They are!! Kids are tough critics!!

Mini_Mog said:
Currently ploughing through Charlene Harris's Living Dead in Dallas. I'm not really enjoying it though, kind of 'I've started, so I'll finish'. Planning to read The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood next.

Miss.S said:
Margaret Atwood is my absolute favourite author!! Handmaid's Tale is fab, hope you love it!!

LOVE Margaret Atwood!! THT is fab. Have any of your read 'The last time we met' of hers? Was a huge twist at the end and I couldn't stop thinking about it for months afterwards! X

Wicca303 said:
A really good series of 'Children's books' is the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. I read them over Christmas...........twice. Yeah, they really were that good.

Ooh thanks, I'll keep a look out!! X

Hi all,

I'm new here but just flicking through a few of your recent posts, I see nobody has recommended Peter James. I discovered his books last year and have read them all!! They are fab!! His detective series is totally addictive....defo recommend!!!

Stacey - thanks for the recommendation, sure I have a couple of his books as I love crime fiction. I have soooo many books to read just can't resist buying them!! Keep me away from book/charity shops lol

I've just finished Before I Go To Sleep- it was a great read with a big twist!!! I've now started The Hunger Games, and like lots of other people, I am already sucked in!! It's fantastic!!! To be a page-turner from the very start is a sign of a very good writer!!X

The Hunger Games is also on my "to download" list but I'm trying to pace myself. Might download it for my holiday. Having a Kindle makes it just TOO easy to keep buying! :D

I've read he hunger games. I loved them. In fact I read all 3 in less than a week. I can't wait for the film. I've just also finished me before you by Jojo moyes. It was one of the best books I've read. Made me laugh and cry! Would def recommend it. I keep looking through my kindle for my next download and can't make my mind up lol

Totally agree with Margaret atwood - fabulous author

I'm afraid I totally disagree about Cecilia Aherne. I thought "PS I Love You" was the biggest load of tosh I've ever read and I only finished out because I assumed it couldn't continue to be so awful right to the end. It did :D

However, I think it's fab that we can all love or hate the same books :)

I love cecilia aherne :) her books are easy reads for me.

I'm still on pride and prejudice have been for a week I like to read quick but have visitors so can't do it so much. But I am really enjoying it and savouring it.

I am open for suggestions as I am normally stuck reading the same kinds of genres but since I had my kindle I'm trying to broaden my horizon although noone can really twist my arm on sci fi it's so not my thing lol

Back