What's everyone reading at the moment?

The Woman in Black is brilliant. I'm hoping to see the film this week, but I know they've changed the ending (just not sure to what)

I read Angela's Ashes on holiday . . . it wasn't the most cheerful of books, but interesting! How I wanted to get my hands on the father by the end of it!

Angela's Ashes- what a brilliant book!! 'Tis' is good too!!X

I devoured The Hunger Games in a day!! Soo good! But gutted as I realised I have bought the 1st and 3rd books rather than 1st and 2nd so I need to track down a copy ASAP!!!

I was the same, got the first one on its own in case I didn't like it as much as I thought I would (if that makes any sense) and just read almost straight through till the end. Went a bit obsessive and had to put the second book down for a while before I started thinking the characters were real :D

I was the same, got the first one on its own in case I didn't like it as much as I thought I would (if that makes any sense) and just read almost straight through till the end. Went a bit obsessive and had to put the second book down for a while before I started thinking the characters were real :D

It's amazing how it grips you almost immediately and gets you emotionally involved with the characters!! I think it's a sign of a fantastic writer!!!X

Hope you enjoy Your holiday.......not long to go - kindle packed??

Hi hun, thank you!! Really looking forward but being the glass half empty I sometimes am I'm thinking it's all too good to be true and something is going to go wrong!!!! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly- Kindle well and truly packed and so excited about all the reading I'm going to get done!! Can't wait to finish Catching Fire and then read Mockingjay! Then I'm thinking of moving onto The Hobbit as it's been a life-long ambition of mine to read it and of course the film is coming out later in the year!! And another book I want to read soon is 'Company Of Liars' which is a novel about the London plague, a subject that fascinates me but I don't know a lot about!! X

funcurls said:
Hi hun, thank you!! Really looking forward but being the glass half empty I sometimes am I'm thinking it's all too good to be true and something is going to go wrong!!!! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly- Kindle well and truly packed and so excited about all the reading I'm going to get done!! Can't wait to finish Catching Fire and then read Mockingjay! Then I'm thinking of moving onto The Hobbit as it's been a life-long ambition of mine to read it and of course the film is coming out later in the year!! And another book I want to read soon is 'Company Of Liars' which is a novel about the London plague, a subject that fascinates me but I don't know a lot about!! X

Have a lovely trip! Mockingjay really finishes off the series well. The Hobbit is great, it much easier going than lord of the rings. It's a good 10 years+ since I last read it but I did really enjoy it. First sci fi book I ever read:)

funcurls said:

Company of Liars was great in my opinon... You find it a good holiday companion... Have a lovely time...xx

Just finished Room. Really glad I read it, so different and thought provoking.

Onto club dead, the third sookie stackhouse book.

I've finally finished The Hunger Games and loved it. Just started Catching Fire and love where it's going so far.

I've just finished the hunger games too, bought it for kindle after reading all the good reviews on here. Couldn't put it down! Just bought 2 and 3. X

I'm so mad right now :-(
I bought the box set of 3 hunger games books. Devoured the 1st one and was hooked, straight into 2nd - couldn't put it down.
Just started the 3rd today and there's something wrong with the book.
After 4 chapters it repeats book one for most of the rest of the book. I've checked and rechecked but it def goes back to first book word for word. Then about the last 3 chapters seem to revert back again?!
Seems to be a mad misprint, I've never seen anything like this :-(

I bought the box set of 3 hunger games books. Devoured the 1st one and was hooked, straight into 2nd - couldn't put it down.
After 4 chapters it repeats book one for most of the rest of the book. I've checked and rechecked but it def goes back to first book word for word. Then about the last 3 chapters seem to revert back again?!

That's rotten luck!!

linzipinzi said:

I had that happen with Harry potter & the order of the pheonix. Made a special trip to town to take it back so I could continue!

I did a little bit of research online re mockingbird/hunger game misprint. Seems to be a problem only in the copies in the box set. Have contacted scholastic about it - so desperate to know what happens! Lol

I have just read the hunger games and thought it was amazing! Have moved on to my sisters keeper which I am ready to give up on but I hate not finishing books. Will be reading the next 2 hunger games books next I think...if I ever get to the end of my sisters keeper.

Well just finished Tess Gerritsen's "Presumed Guilty" and I take it back - not gory as expected more a suspense novel but good all the same. Am now moving on to Cecilia Ahern's "PS I love you" which doesn't seem to have been a popular choice here but shall give it a go as taking up valuable bookshelf space!

Back