What's everyone reading at the moment?

Me too :) book as usual has major differences

Oh they did I jumped several times after saying I wouldn't lol

I found Shutter Island in a local charity shop. I loved the movie so I snapped it up and am reading it now. My brother has even asked to borrow it when I'm done.

SkinniMinnie said:
I found Shutter Island in a local charity shop. I loved the movie so I snapped it up and am reading it now. My brother has even asked to borrow it when I'm done.

I didn't even know that this was a book too. I need it....

I didn't even know that this was a book too. I need it....

Lol, I could pass it on to you when my brother's done...

You'll have a wait on your hands though.

I hear the book doesn't leave an ambigous ending like the movie did. On the IMDb people were divided into two camps, "he was sane" vs "he was insane".

I watched the movie with a friend and we came away with different interpretations - he thought Teddy was sane and I thought insane.

SkinniMinnie said:
Lol, I could pass it on to you when my brother's done...

You'll have a wait on your hands though.

I hear the book doesn't leave an ambigous ending like the movie did. On the IMDb people were divided into two camps, "he was sane" vs "he was insane".

I watched the movie with a friend and we came away with different interpretations - he thought Teddy was sane and I thought insane.

That sounds great. Oh right that will be interesting to read too, I thought he was insane at the end of the film too

Well, I think so too but a lot of people on the IMDb claim that Teddy really is US Marshall Teddy Daniels and the doctors on the island are trying to turn him insane, as an experiment, to see if it can be done.

I don't agree with this theory myself.

Finished Tami Hoag's "Deeper Than the Dead" and would highly recommend.....keeps you guessing! Now reading Nick Stone's "Mr Clarinet".

Saw the trailer for The Hunger Games tonight. Excited much....?

Just finished Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult. really enjoyed this book. It was thought provoking, emotional and interesting. I really enjoy her books, they encourage the reader to consider their own opinions on often emotional & controversial topics. I've read quite a few now. Not many left to read!

Not sure what to read next. Could crack on with the next true blood, another Jodi or something else. Hmmm. Really need to get those true blood books finished, had them over 2 years now and read 3.

Just finished Paradise Lost by Milton... A fave of mine since childhood, it has been adapted like so many classics for the kindle, and it was lovely to re-read it... It bought memories back of sitting in the garden in the summer holidays as a kid, reading, then discussing what it meant with my Dad when he got home from work... Happy days...

Just started House Rules by Jodi Picoult. This one is about a family with a boy with Asperger's (?sp) syndrome. Enjoying it so far.

Considering buying Hunger games now-- really really recommended??

Really really really :)

Even more than that!!!! Go get it right now!!!!!!! ;)

Back