What's everyone reading at the moment?

Me too......love Peeta.......(but feel sorry for Gale.......who's looking out for Katniss' family). This decision is purely as of now and I may change my mind as only starting Part 3 of Book One!

Im currently reading a book called Catch Your Death by Louise Voss and Mark Edwards, very good read! I'm enthralled! One of them books where u can't wait to find out what happens next!!

I have seen the women in black twice... Just about finishing the book and am disappointed how much they changed it in the film.. Bit still a good book.. After reading this convo the hunger games trilogy is next on my list

I'm reading a Repairmanjack book, Harbingers by F Paul Wilson I love Jack, the books are a bit supernatural and he's a fix it guy. I've loved them since my teens.

The Tenko Club by Elizabeth Noble, borrowed off colleague in work she picked up at charity shop for 50p brilliant book

I'm team Gale all the way. Still only 1/3 into Mockingjay though so depending on what happens this may change!!

Is The Woman in Black worth reading? I didn't think much of the film at all but given they probably changed it a bit, and the ending, I'm considering giving it a whirl.x

Funcurls - did you have a nice holiday?? x

Hi DM, thanks for asking! I had a wonderful time thank you!! The ship (Azura) was really amazing with lots of fun activies and gorgeous food (hence the 7lb gain!!) and the Caribbean islands were gorgeous- I thought they'd all look the same but they varied quite a lot! Interesting and relaxing! XXXXXXX

I'm enjoying the book to be honest just hoping the ending is better than the films ending

funcurls said:
Hi DM, thanks for asking! I had a wonderful time thank you!! The ship (Azura) was really amazing with lots of fun activies and gorgeous food (hence the 7lb gain!!) and the Caribbean islands were gorgeous- I thought they'd all look the same but they varied quite a lot! Interesting and relaxing! XXXXXXX

Glad you had a great time... I think your gain isn't that bad for a cruise... It won't take that long to sort...xx

Just finished the women in black and wow is all I can say it was very good indeed. Now for the hunger games

Just finished House Rules by Jodi Picoult. Really enjoyed it but I think it was a little over-long and rambled a lot. It could have been just as good a bit shorter. Other than that I really enjoyed it and found the subject of Asperger's really quite fascinating. Her books are very good at getting you to imagine being in someone else's situation.

So I'm starting The Woman in Black by Susan Hill. I've not seen the film, I've purposefully not read the blurb on the back so I'm going in not really knowing much at all! Love scary stories so I think I'll enjoy.

Just finished House Rules by Jodi Picoult. Really enjoyed it but I think it was a little over-long and rambled a lot. It could have been just as good a bit shorter. Other than that I really enjoyed it and found the subject of Asperger's really quite fascinating. Her books are very good at getting you to imagine being in someone else's situation.

So I'm starting The Woman in Black by Susan Hill. I've not seen the film, I've purposefully not read the blurb on the back so I'm going in not really knowing much at all! Love scary stories so I think I'll enjoy.

I'm half way through (very quick read!) Really enjoying it- it's very atmospheric- wouldn't like to read it at night on my own!!X

Glad you had a great time... I think your gain isn't that bad for a cruise... It won't take that long to sort...xx

Thanks Chelle!! I guess it's just a case of doing the crime then doing the time!! It's nothing I haven't combatted before and it's a matter of getting into the right mindset! Hope all well with you XXXX

funcurls said:
I'm half way through (very quick read!) Really enjoying it- it's very atmospheric- wouldn't like to read it at night on my own!!X

Im already a fair way through after 15 mins reading. Will probably be finished by weekend.

funcurls said:
Thanks Chelle!! I guess it's just a case of doing the crime then doing the time!! It's nothing I haven't combatted before and it's a matter of getting into the right mindset! Hope all well with you XXXX

Yes I am good thanks... A couple of weekends off plan, but lost one today... Still hanging in there...xx

At the moment I have just started reading 2 books:

Room by Emma Donoghue
The Time Traveller's Wife by by Audrey Niffenegger :D

Rach_25 said:
At the moment I have just started reading 2 books:

Room by Emma Donoghue
The Time Traveller's Wife by by Audrey Niffenegger :D

They are both fantastic books, The Time Traveller's Wife can be hard to get into (it took me 3 tries) but its brilliant, so much better than the film, although I loved it too. Room is one of the most exciting books I've read and the saddest, really well done though. Enjoy.

Back