What's everyone reading at the moment?

A book called shame.... Truly inspirational autobiography. Check it out x

I'm reading The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz (the book that the film 'The Way Back' was based on) Such an inspiring story. It really makes you appreciate freedom.

Hope you don't mind me doing friend request on good reads. Just saw your 2012 challenge and I have started using site again :D

Just finished dead to the world, the 4th sookie stackhouse. Completely different to the tv show but an enjoyable easy read. Not sure what's next. I shall update when I've decided. Just had a look at the list I'm making & I've read 17 books this year so far.

Hope you don't mind me doing friend request on good reads. Just saw your 2012 challenge and I have started using site again :D

Of course not :p It is such a useful site...so glad I found it :D

Just finished If Only they Could Talk by James Herriot. I just love his books and stories. Found myself giggling several times. Not sure what's next!

Have started on Kathy Reichs "Bare bones" from charity shop......should be using my new kindle but still have a house full of books!

Just finished If Only they Could Talk by James Herriot. I just love his books and stories. Found myself giggling several times. Not sure what's next!
I love his books :D My dad read them to me when I was little :)

I'm starting on Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings...it is the first of the 5 books in The Belgariad

I love his books :D My dad read them to me when I was little :)

I'm starting on Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings...it is the first of the 5 books in The Belgariad

Just googled this as I've heard of David Eddings but I wasn't too sure where/how, anyway the book sounds really interesting, another book now on my list to read:D

I'm reading Half of the Human Race by Anthony Quinn. About halfway through and really enjoying it so far although I fear an unhappy ending :(

I have to recommend the book I read before this one Patrick McGuinness's "The Last Hundred Days" absolutely loved it. Its fiction based around the last hundred days on the Causescu's reign in Romania, I'm just a bit too young to remember any of it happening so it was a real eye opener for me.

I've started reading a book called Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini- it's another of these teen love- triangle books in the vein of Twilight! It was recommended to me and has good Amazon reviews so I thought I'd give it ago! You can tell immediately it's aimed at a very young audience but I'm enjoying it!

I last read Blue Monday by Nicci French and was most impressed! Really loved the style of writing and it had me hooked! There were a few fantastic twists which I LOVE in a story and I look forward to reading the second of the Frieda Klein series. Klein is the psychiatrist who is a new character to feature in their new series of books, still being written.

I'm reading the catcher in the rye at the moment. I am finding the language used somewhat repetitive & irritating, but enjoying the book and keep going back for more. I'm intrigued to see what will happen.

Hi. I'm reading The Help. On about chapter 5 so only just making a dent in it. It's hard work to read but worth it I think (it's written in broken English like the southern Americans spoke rather than proper English so you have to keep thinking about the language used). Anyway, would very much recommend it. It's set in a time/place/perspective I don't know much about so it's good to get someone else's point of view about working in those times/places.

Once I've finished the book I'll rent out the film. I don't want to see the film until I've finished the book.

Ooh I love the Help. I know what you mean about the language being a bit difficult but keep going, it does get easier.
I went to see the film when it cam out and that's a bit the same, you struggle to understand every word for the first 10mins or so due to the strong accents but your ear will warm to it. There was one film that I think did justice to the book. Both are great.

I am reading Glass Houses, a Morganville vampire series by Rachel Caine. I like teenage books, there are some really good ones out there!!

Finished Hunger Games -- Loved it :)

First 2 the best IMHO, found the last one a bit too erm, political??

Also the lack of someone made it worse :p

ETA:: Seriously need another one now!! Library soon me thinks... can't cope!!

Finished Hunger Games -- Loved it :)

First 2 the best IMHO, found the last one a bit too erm, political??

Also the lack of someone made it worse :p

ETA:: Seriously need another one now!! Library soon me thinks... can't cope!!

Felt the same!! It was harder going than the first 2. Have you seen the movie yet, very good!!

Back