What's everyone reading at the moment?

bookworm77 said:
aww cool i want your job !!!! what bookshop do u work ? would love to work in one your lucky at least the books arent cheeky or talk back lol ( i work in child care )

Having a laugh?? Lol parents use our shop as a creche lol and the books aren't rude and cheeky....all the customers are tho. And we have to deal with human waste...both child and adult lol the joys of retail!

kimmie2709 said:
Having a laugh?? Lol parents use our shop as a creche lol and the books aren't rude and cheeky....all the customers are tho. And we have to deal with human waste...both child and adult lol the joys of retail!

Human waste? Ergh. I worked in retail for a few months as a student and I can't say I enjoyed it. It would be ok if you could choose your customers first!

Think I've got the characters sussed in game of thrones now. There is a complex web of characters that are slowly introduced & their relationships with the other characters explained. I think I might have to get the series 1 box set after I've read it. It's an epic read, needs concentration but I'm enjoying so far.

Finished Val McDermid's "The Torment of Others" - really good read and unexpected ending.

Now reading "Black Rabbit Summer" by Kevin Brooks which is one of my teenage son's books!

Having a Pratchett fest on my Kindle starting with The Colour of Magic... Getting funny looks at the bar coz I am laughing out loud...

Just finished "The Family Fang". It was actually a really enjoyable read. Funny, heartwarming, sad and a little crazy. Would definitely recommend it. When reading it I kept getting visions from the film "Little Miss Sunshine" not that the story is really anything similar I just think the family dynamic that is central to the story reminded me of it in some way.

Am now reading "You Deserve Nothing" by Alexander Maksik.

just read the girl with the dragon tattoo, differs quite a bit from the film, started the second book in the trilogy the girl who kicked the hornets nest, then i have the girl who played with fire to complete the trilogy. Have watched the Swedish films with dubbed English, fabulous cant wait to see the Daniel Craig film.

BTW sky are showing Terry Pratchett's Going Postal!! fab! Cx

Last edited:
sleepytimesadie said:
Having a Pratchett fest on my Kindle starting with The Colour of Magic... Getting funny looks at the bar coz I am laughing out loud...

Love terry Pratchett! Started reading them at uni and always look forward to the new ones coming out! I used to get funny looks for laughing out load too!! My housemates just didn't get it!!

CPL said:
just read the girl with the dragon tattoo, differs quite a bit from the film, started the second book in the trilogy the girl who kicked the hornets nest, then i have the girl who played with fire to complete the trilogy. Have watched the Swedish films with dubbed English, fabulous cant wait to see the Daniel Craig film.

BTW sky are showing Terry Pratchett's Going Postal!! fab! Cx

Love the going postal series! Much better than the hogsfather one they did. Also a big fan of TGWTDT trilogy. First one took some perseverance but the second and third made it well worth it.

I'm reading terry Pratchett 'snuff' atm. Enjoying it as I always do with TP.

I've never read a pratchett! What are they like/about? I love scifi & fantasy so I reckon it might be worth checking them out.

Mini_Mog said:
I've never read a pratchett! What are they like/about? I love scifi & fantasy so I reckon it might be worth checking them out.

Sure you'll love them if you like fantasy. First few are witches or wizards then there are trolls, dwarfs, vampires, Death...
All are hilarious! It's like he's takin the p... Out of society. Very funny man!! X

You've got to give Terry Pratchett a go, he's got such a brilliant mind, you can read each book in any order or start at the begining of the discworld series; there is lots of humour in the books, they are such a fun read

Sofartogo! said:
Love terry Pratchett! Started reading them at uni and always look forward to the new ones coming out! I used to get funny looks for laughing out load too!! My housemates just didn't get it!!

Love the going postal series! Much better than the hogsfather one they did. Also a big fan of TGWTDT trilogy. First one took some perseverance but the second and third made it well worth it.

I'm reading terry Pratchett 'snuff' atm. Enjoying it as I always do with TP.

Just had them all in my kindle which is the reason for the revisit to the old stuff... I find since getting my kindle I am re-reading some old faves I had forgotten about...xx

Mini_Mog said:

You should have a go at least one Pratchett... Funny as... Douglas Adams is another good one too, the humour stays with you long after you have read the books...xx

I've just finished Hanging Hill by Mo Hayder.

Now reading Postcard Killers by James Patterson. I'm a huge crime fan. (Not in a criminal way)

just finished before i go to sleep , enjoyed it but dindt like the ending , felt like the story wasnt being finished, it reminded me in a way of 50 first dates

Mini_Mog said:
From what I understand it's basically erotica. Ive read a few ratings completely slating & some singing it's praises. I don't know, it doesn't really appeal to me.

OMG I read all three in a week, it's not my kind of read, but they were so compelling you will not be able to put it down..... Enjoy :)

Back