What's everyone reading at the moment?

bookworm77 said:
just finished before i go to sleep , enjoyed it but dindt like the ending , felt like the story wasnt being finished, it reminded me in a way of 50 first dates

I thought that although the book was generally good the ending was predictable and reminded me of at school when I'd get fed up of writing a story and do a rushed ending to get it finished!!

I've recently read - room, into the darkest corner and only the innocent and I'm reading Men I've Loved Before by Adele Parks now.

Finished Colour of Magic... Now on to Neil Gaiman American Gods... Never read any of his before... Got straight into this one... Helps that I am upstairs in bed as I an feeling off colour so Mr Kindle is good company today...

have started remember by karen kingsbury again i love her books . its in paperback which i havent read in a long time i am so used to my kindle , keep pressing the pages to get them to turn over:D .

Still on book one of a song of ice & fire- game of thrones. I'm 35% through. It's an enormous tome, just short of 1000 pages. Really enjoying it, cant wait to see the series now.

Had insomnia recently so I've been reading quite a lot.

I've just finished reading 'Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop of Dreams' by Jenny Colgan. It's a classic chick-lit, took me a while to spot the leading man though :) I enjoyed it. It does have lots of sweet recipes in it though... so maybe not the best if you've got a sweet tooth ;)

I also just finished reading Rob Lowe's Autobiography 'Stories I Only Tell My Friends'. I'm a big fan of the 'Brat Pack' films and The West Wing, so this was really interesting to me. There's lots of name dropping from Rob and some excellent photos in there too.

I downloaded and started reading 'Life of Pi' last night, on a friend's recommendation. I do love my Kindle! :)

eviljobob said:
Had insomnia recently so I've been reading quite a lot.

I've just finished reading 'Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop of Dreams' by Jenny Colgan. It's a classic chick-lit, took me a while to spot the leading man though :) I enjoyed it. It does have lots of sweet recipes in it though... so maybe not the best if you've got a sweet tooth ;)

I also just finished reading Rob Lowe's Autobiography 'Stories I Only Tell My Friends'. I'm a big fan of the 'Brat Pack' films and The West Wing, so this was really interesting to me. There's lots of name dropping from Rob and some excellent photos in there too.

I downloaded and started reading 'Life of Pi' last night, on a friend's recommendation. I do love my Kindle! :)

So do I... and it is great if you can't sleep as I can put on my clip light sit up in bed and read without waking Kev...

eviljobob said:
I do the same :) Though I'm not sure Ian would wake up even if a herd of elephants charged through the bedroom ;)

Lol... Kev is a light sleeper so I have to be very quiet and unobtrusive... Maybe I should sneak some sleeping draft into his hot choc...*grins evilly*

I love my kindle too and can't stop adding books. Only problem I have is trying to read the books I have amassed around the house then I will be sticking to my kindle!

dextersmum said:
I love my kindle too and can't stop adding books. Only problem I have is trying to read the books I have amassed around the house then I will be sticking to my kindle!

Same here! I've got one book, Shantaram, that's not avail on kindle so I'm going to have to read an actual real life book but I keep putting it off!

dextersmum said:

I have just had a memory stick given me by a friend with over
900 kindle books on... Ok there are a lot I won't read but I have cherry picked around 300 that I will... Only trouble now is where to start!...xx

Back