What's everyone reading at the moment?

I've got hold of a very light read from my childhood.....the borrowers omnibus lol im planning on re reading it next. Not very challenging but its wat I feel like reading. I wanted somthing entertaining and light, but didn't envolve love stories about relationships etc.

Hi Claire, welcome! This is an excellent place to hang out as its so interesting to see what other people are reading and recommending! Everyones' tastes vary so much which makes it all the better for it!!

Which leads me on to say what I've been up to! I finished the Shades Of Grey trilogy and I dont know whether I'm pleased or embarrassed to say I thoroughly enjoyed them! Hand on heart after a while the sexy bits kind of went over my head and I was totally hooked on the story and the characters, as the plot delved deeper and deeper into Christian's past! A lot happens in a short space of time for those two!

I then moved onto 'Love...from both side's by Nick Spalding which was a quick, light read and thoroughly humourous and entertaining!

I'm now on The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel! I haven't seen the film yet but I felt compelled to read the book! So far I like the dry humour and the characters are great! X

I agree this is an excellent place to hang out, I've changed my reading habits because of this thread I now read things I would never have thought of before, eg on my list of this to read is the Outlander series, I also read The Historian after recomendations on here, the list is endless. I just can't wait to finish my Game of Thrones series so I can start on lots of other books I've gathered.:D

I wanted to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, it just looked brill, I feel another book being added to my list:rolleyes:

Potatoes Not Prozac. How what you eat can cause depression, eating disorders etc. Fascinating! This book is about ME!!!

The authors suggestions fit in perfectly with SW eating!

Happy Holidays said:
I agree this is an excellent place to hang out, I've changed my reading habits because of this thread I now read things I would never have thought of before, eg on my list of this to read is the Outlander series, I also read The Historian after recomendations on here, the list is endless. I just can't wait to finish my Game of Thrones series so I can start on lots of other books I've gathered.:D

I wanted to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, it just looked brill, I feel another book being added to my list:rolleyes:

I know, my list is getting bigger and I already have tons of books on my Kindle! I keep adding to it but don't actually need to, but don't want to miss out on something epic that others are enjoying! I have Game Of Thrones lined up so look forward to getting my teeth into them! But before I do I want to read 'Call The Midwife' then the second and third of Steig Larssons' trilogy as it's 3 years since I read Dragon Tattoo and I loved it so much I have no idea why I never read the others! Too many other recommendations I suppose! Then I'll be ready to take on the Game Of Thrones challenge which I hear is a whopper of a read! X

funcurls said:
I know, my list is getting bigger and I already have tons of books on my Kindle! I keep adding to it but don't actually need to, but don't want to miss out on something epic that others are enjoying! I have Game Of Thrones lined up so look forward to getting my teeth into them! But before I do I want to read 'Call The Midwife' then the second and third of Steig Larssons' trilogy as it's 3 years since I read Dragon Tattoo and I loved it so much I have no idea why I never read the others! Too many other recommendations I suppose! Then I'll be ready to take on the Game Of Thrones challenge which I hear is a whopper of a read! X

Game of thrones is definitely an enormous book, but it's well worth the read. I'm really looking forward to reading the next book. When you first start reading it's a bit daunting as there are a lot of characters to get to know but you do get used to them all and start recognising who belongs to each house quite quickly.

Mini_Mog said:
Game of thrones is definitely an enormous book, but it's well worth the read. I'm really looking forward to reading the next book. When you first start reading it's a bit daunting as there are a lot of characters to get to know but you do get used to them all and start recognising who belongs to each house quite quickly.

Ooh I look forward to it! Thanks hun xxx

Finished On Canaan's Side last night, (at 12:30 even though I knew the alarm was going off at 6 :eek:) so that may tell you that it was rather good.

I found it difficult to start with, the prose is very descriptive and flowery, not really what I'm used to but I found after about 60 pages or so I really go into the rhythm of it and couldn't put it down. I think I'd like to try some more of Sebastian Barry's novels (perhaps not straight away) so if anyone has read the others and could recommend another that would be good.

Intend starting "Crow Lake" by Mary Lawson this evening.

Happy Holidays said:
Now on the next in the Game of Thrones series, A Feast for Crows, very excited, the books just seem to get better & better:D

I'm hopefully starting a clash of kings this weekend. I just loved the first book, and I really liked the different character for each chapter style of the book. Who is your favourite? At the moment mine in daneryis:)

lis2811 said:
Anyone read the hunger game books????

Amazing!!!!!!!!!! X

I'm hopefully starting a clash of kings this weekend. I just loved the first book, and I really liked the different character for each chapter style of the book. Who is your favourite? At the moment mine in daneryis:)

My favourite character is Tyrion, I just love the quips, his sense of humour & he can be quite cunning & tactical. I can't wait to read them all just because they are so well written, interesting, & exciting.:D

So nearly finished fifty shades... And have no idea what to read next!! :/

Keep hearing about game if thrones... Haven't seen tv series, really amazingly good??

TickingEwe92 said:
So nearly finished fifty shades... And have no idea what to read next!! :/

Keep hearing about game if thrones... Haven't seen tv series, really amazingly good??

It is brilliant! But be warned, it's not a quick read. Really enjoyed it.

Back