What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm reading The Secret...... Being such a typical realist or some would say cynical - I'm amazed how this book is changing my thought process and negativity towards things

Lauratheloop said:
I'm reading The Secret...... Being such a typical realist or some would say cynical - I'm amazed how this book is changing my thought process and negativity towards things

Ooo...sounds interesting...x

Hmmm decisions decisions...what do I read next ladies? Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, or The Thread by Victoria Hislop?! I loved Victoria Hislop's The Island and The Return, but I'm also intrigued as to the delights of Martin's world as I've heard such good things but it's a big read and will probably suck me in for a long old time and am I ready for the commitment?! Hmmmm....x

funcurls said:
Hmmm decisions decisions...what do I read next ladies? Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, or The Thread by Victoria Hislop?! I loved Victoria Hislop's The Island and The Return, but I'm also intrigued as to the delights of Martin's world as I've heard such good things but it's a big read and will probably suck me in for a long old time and am I ready for the commitment?! Hmmmm....x

Go with The Game of Thrones...xx

I agree with Sleepytimesadie, Game of Thrones, it's so well written, there's lots going on, a brilliant storyline, you won't be disappointed.

on holiday my kindle crashed (i wonder if a certain mr grey was to steamy lol) anyway i resorted to reading a paperback called tell no none by karen rose fabulous am now reading the follow up "have u seen her "

bookworm77 said:
on holiday my kindle crashed (i wonder if a certain mr grey was to steamy lol) anyway i resorted to reading a paperback called tell no none by karen rose fabulous am now reading the follow up "have u seen her "

Did you press & hold the on/off button for a good 30 seconds or more?

bookworm77 said:
yep but nothing happened , went on amazon told them the prob and they sent me a new one so al good happy bunny to b reading kindle books again

I'm glad you got it sorted, I'd be gutted and lost if mine broke. X

bookworm77 said:
yep but nothing happened , went on amazon told them the prob and they sent me a new one so al good happy bunny to b reading kindle books again

Happened to me too last year! I found the Amazon customer service AMAZING! No questions asked, they just took my word for it and the next morning I had my new one with all my books transferred! I was dead impressed! X

Happy Holidays said:
I agree with Sleepytimesadie, Game of Thrones, it's so well written, there's lots going on, a brilliant storyline, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks hun I look forward to it! Have you read them all? X

Just started The Witches Way by Mr and Mrs Farrar... I am getting increasingly interested in Wicca and Paganism... I want to research it a little and see if its the right spiritual path for me or not, and the best way to learn is to read all I can on the subject before coming to any conclusion... If my research becomes to involved, I will intersperse it with some light relief in the form of Pratchett, The Light Fantastic...

I'm just finished "a good father" by Diane chamberlain. Enjoyed reading this.
Anyone got any suggestions on wot I should now read? I like something that has me on the edge of my seat but almost in tears at same time any laughing. I've only took up the hobbie of reading in last 2months and I love it.

honteg said:
Anyone got any suggestions on wot I should now read? I like something that has me on the edge of my seat but almost in tears at same time any laughing. I've only took up the hobbie of reading in last 2months and I love it.

Sorry its actually "the good father"

Glad you're enjoying reading!!! It's a wonderful way to relax and escape to another place and it's amazing what you learn from both fact and fiction!!

A couple of my fave books recently (Google them to see if you fancy them)....

-Into the Darkest Corner (Elizabeth Haynes)
-Before I go to Sleep (S J Watson)
-Me Before You (JoJo Moyes)
-Room (Emma Donaghue)
-The Book Thief (Markus Zusak)
-The Hunger Games trilogy
......and let me be REALLY predictable.....Fifty Shades Of Grey Trilogy (E L James).
.....and if you really like Diane Chamberlain try Jodi Picoult. XXX

I loved The room (as it was featured on the book club )
I've not read the book thief I'm off to download that now

Back