What's everyone reading at the moment?

The Shining by Stephen King
Having a Stephen King-athon at the minute! Nice to see not everyone is reading 50 shades!...

Though it is in my cupboard waiting to be read ? x

It's not exactly reading, but I have been dipping in & out of 3 DK travel books in preparation for my hols in September, they are Prague, Budapest & Vienna, I love the DK books because they have text & pictures & are so easy to understand & read, & they come with travel maps. I've also been reading, yes reading this one, Northeast India Handbook, we're off there in April & I want to know all about it before I go.

I'm still reading the discoworld book, which I take to work & read a lunchtime.

Just started Cherie Priest's Bloodshot about a Vampire turned thief/assassin... Well written and intricate plot so far... She has also written a Steampunk series which I might delve into after this if it delivers all the way through...xx

Well this weekend I started Fifty shades of grey and as soon as I finished it, went out to buy fifty shades darker which I'm now halfway through.

The back story of Grey is intriguing me, and the story itself is ok, as long as you don't take some of the concepts too literally, and I'm definitely going to read them all, however I just can't get over how much of a copy it is of the Twilight stories! I understand it was borne on a fan fiction site or something, but there are so many similarities its untrue!!

Miss.S said:
Well this weekend I started Fifty shades of grey and as soon as I finished it, went out to buy fifty shades darker which I'm now halfway through.

The back story of Grey is intriguing me, and the story itself is ok, as long as you don't take some of the concepts too literally, and I'm definitely going to read them all, however I just can't get over how much of a copy it is of the Twilight stories! I understand it was borne on a fan fiction site or something, but there are so many similarities its untrue!!

It really is so similar! But I'm really enjoying it, despite my reservations about starting it. Just finished fifty shades darker & now on to fifty shades freed. Its only taken me a week to read both. I don't think freed will take me long, then what to read next??

Have finished all of the 50 shades books and im with the majority, not brilliantly written and the BDSM scenes do get tediously boring quite quickly but the underlying story is intriguing and I totally fell for the Ana/christian relationship.

have now moved on to Twilight, Eclipse and not far from finishing, unsure what to read next but what something totally different from what ive been reading.

Anyone read any good chick lit recently? Just finished reading a Patricia Scanlan, half way through a Jane Costello then I've run out. Any suggestions?

Happy Holidays said:
My sister has recently read Encore Valentine, by Adriana Trigiani, which she said was a nice easy, chick flick read.

Ooh I've read that too! Really enjoyed it! As you say an easy light read! Also recently read The Perfect Location by Kate Forster- thoroughly enjoyed that too as it served the same purpose! I often alternate between heavier going stuff and light easy stuff just to mix things up a bit! X

dudette2001uk said:
I've just finished reading the 50 Shades trilogy, and now I've moved on to The Book thief by Markus Zusak. Roll on Friday - summer holidays start so I can start reading again in earnest! :D

Hope you're enjoying The Book Thief hun! I was bowled over by it! XXX

Last edited:
dudette2001uk said:
I've only got 3 pages in so far hun, but I'm already intrigued! I love this thread - you find out about so many new and interesting books :) xx

It's so great, and so moving, and I love the fact it's narrated by the grim reaper/death! Very original! X

funcurls said:
I read Love...From Both Sides Too! It's hysterical! X

Just finished fifty shades darker, to be honest enjoyed the first book more. A friend is passing on a copy of fifty shades freer and I've heard this is a really good read. I'm just on with Jackie Collins Goddess of Vengeance ?

Reading Happy Ever After by Nora Roberts, first book I have read of hers and I am enjoying it. Didn't realise though that's it's the last book of four and I hate reading books out of order.

Still haven't finished 'Wrapped Up in You' by Carole Matthews. I must admit I don't like it as much. The character going to Africa over Christmas has spolit it as it wasn't entrenched with christmas as most of my books have been. I will finish it though.........

'The Whistleblower'. Just watched the film and was horrified; it has compelled me to read her account of the events (it's about girls being trafficked for peacekeeper forces in Sarajevo after the war. Horrible, but inspiring given that she stood up to everyone, even though she was totally alone, to try and protect these girls.)

I've also finally bought 'Running with Scissors' by Augusten Burroughs. Not sure how it will be; I've read mixed things about it

I'm lining them up for the summer!

Back