What's everyone reading at the moment?

Interesting to read people's views on kindles. I've never had one although boyfriend keeps asking me if I want one. I'm not sure I'd like one as I love books so much..... Does anyone else feel the same or did anyone feel the same but got a kindle and liked it?

I'm firmly anti kindle/ereader! I can see why people like them, but its not for me. I prefer the physicality and history of a real book :)
Plus I'm an ex-bookseller, which probably clouds my view!

If you type 'books 4 lyfe' into google images, you'll see the print I have framed in my lounge ;)

I'm firmly anti kindle/ereader! I can see why people like them, but its not for me. I prefer the physicality and history of a real book :)
Plus I'm an ex-bookseller, which probably clouds my view!

If you type 'books 4 lyfe' into google images, you'll see the print I have framed in my lounge ;)

Becoming homeless and having had to part with all my books broke my heart... I was totally against having s kindle... As soon as we got a roof over our heads my husband bought me one and slowly I have rebuilt my library albeit in ebooks... I now know that no matter what I will never have to leave behind my books as I can pop them all in my rucksack... I have a Stephen Fry saying on my virtual pin board that says Books are no more threatened by a kindle than stairs are by an escalator... X

Becoming homeless and having had to part with all my books broke my heart... I was totally against having s kindle... As soon as we got a roof over our heads my husband bought me one and slowly I have rebuilt my library albeit in ebooks... I now know that no matter what I will never have to leave behind my books as I can pop them all in my rucksack... I have a Stephen Fry saying on my virtual pin board that says Books are no more threatened by a kindle than stairs are by an escalator... X

I fully agree, I don't think books will end up like music has.
I kind of wish I did like kindles. They are certainly good if you like to have more than 1 book on the go at once, and if you are going on a trip, or simply for practical reasons, like space saving.
I have used one but I thought it would have a kind of 'page turn' look and feel, where you could swipe the screen, and it just felt weird.
I also remember reading a news article about a woman who had her amazon account revoked with no comeback after they wrongly accused her of using her account fraudulently. It seems that even if you buy an ebook, you don't actually own it :(

However I also appreciate the benefits of the ebook market for authors who can now self publish easily, and free ebooks, as books should always be available to people who want them.

Hooray for literature in whatever form :)
x

Just finished Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella. Very predictable but ideal for an easy beach read :)

Started reading Bad Girl by Roberta Kray tonight. It's not coming across as one of her best though if I'm honest

I've officially given up on The Hundred-Year-Old Man, and since then I've read Affliction by Laurell K. Hamilton, Unseen by Karin Slaughter and Did You Miss Me? by Karen Rose...I've been very busy, lol!

I've now started reading The Night Circus, and I'm very intrigued by it, which is probably a good sign :)

I love Karen Rose Books!! Think I have read most of them, the same with Karin Slaughter.
If you like those Authors then Linda Fairstein is one I would highly recommend

I love Karen Rose Books!! Think I have read most of them, the same with Karin Slaughter.
If you like those Authors then Linda Fairstein is one I would highly recommend

Ooo, I'll have to look her up. Thanks hun :) xx

Reading The Kashmir Shawl by Rosie Thomas, almost halfway though and finding it a bit slow.

I've officially given up on The Hundred-Year-Old Man, and since then I've read Affliction by Laurell K. Hamilton, Unseen by Karin Slaughter and Did You Miss Me? by Karen Rose...I've been very busy, lol!

I've now started reading The Night Circus, and I'm very intrigued by it, which is probably a good sign :)

Glad its not just me with the Hundred year old man! Its a strange book I found!

Glad its not just me with the Hundred year old man! Its a strange book I found!

OH has just finished reading the Hundred Year Old Man & I said a few people on here said it was strange & he agreed it was 'odd'.

I had to read this book for my A level English lit course...I hated it so much I didn't even bother to finish reading it before the exam. Naughty Sian!

Have you read The Handmaid's Tale? That was the book we had to compare it to xx

Yes, ive read the handmaid's tale, really enjoyed that one, id love to read some more of margaret attwood's books:)

Alias Grace is my favourite book ever :)

Margaret Atwood is my favourite author. I recommend Cat's Eye and The Robber Bride if you ladies fancy some more of her work :)

Ive had The Red House by Mark Haddon on the go for ages, just can't get into it, which is a shame as A Spot of Bother was fantastic. I then began to read The Man who ate Everything, but last night we went to the cinema and saw a trailer for Filth, which I recently received a copy of as a gift, so I got stuck into that last night so that I can hopefully finish it before I see the film :)

I usually like to finish one book before I begin another, but I think the first two will remain on my to read shelf for a while, as I've also just borrowed 4 Michael Connolley novels off my MiL, which I find dead easy to read.xx

Yes, ive read the handmaid's tale, really enjoyed that one, id love to read some more of margaret attwood's books:)

Ooh there was one called 'the last time we met' I think! Amazing! Can't say more without giving it away but it gave me goosebumps!!! And had me thinking about it for days after I finished it! X

Trying the No One Has Sex on a Tuesday now.

Back