What's everyone reading at the moment?

I'm reading the toy taker by Luke Delaney - I'm really enjoying it

I'm currently reading The Book Thief..... Not sure if I'm enjoying it or not yet though....

I thought that was a brillliant book. I liked the perspective on 'normal' Germans as so often we read about the heros and the villains, but how the Nazi movement impacted on non political people seems to get overlooked. Unless I've missed a whole genre. The insight into the brutality of child rearing at the time was shocking, and made me understand what Alice Miller is referring when she talks about it.

Going to start re-reading Jon Richardson's It's Not Me It's You again, haven't read it for a couple of years at least - but I love it :)

I have finally finished reading the Book Thief. I enjoyed it, but I found it hard going. Personally for me it wasn't a book I could pick up and read for a couple of hours.
So now I have for something a bit lighter Frostbite by Richelle Meade, its the second book in the Vampire Acadmy series.
So far I am enjoying it.

CJ

I've just finished little girl in a radiator , weird title but omg the book is really moving it about a man who's mother has Alzheimer's it a true story . I work in care so some of the things he said reminded me of some of my people I look after really recommend it xx

Finally finished reading One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern. Can't say I really enjoyed it. Thought there might be a great ending but no, just as expected. :(
Least now its finished I have all the fun of deciding what to read next. Don't you just love that moment. :D

Just started 'A Girl is a Half-formed thing' by Eimear McBride. It just won the Bailey's Women's prize for fiction and I can kind of see why but I really don't like it. Should finish it on the train journey home tonight and then I can start my beloved Cockroaches by Jo Nesbo tomorrow.

Back