What's everyone reading at the moment?

My pleasure Michelle!! Long time no see, I've been a bit rubbish at circulating around the boards for a while! Hope you're keeping well!! Yes I was surprised how different the book was!! Nearly all of it is from the American adopters side and about Michael's new life!! It's interesting to read about how he got into politics and all the stuff that was happening with Reagan and the onset /discovery/development of AIDS. What was shocking was the attitudes towards gay people, equally as bad as those of the nuns and the Catholic church towards single mothers! Fascinating read!! XxX

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just finished the maze runner, it was quite good however went on a little bit, I have the other books on my kindle however and having a break between books and reading leaving time by Jodi picoult It also is taking its time to get in to but I will persevere with it and let you know :)

Ooh Ginger Bread Girl I'll be interested to hear what you think of Leaving Time- I have that one lined up! X

I'm reading One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf at the moment. It's about a school that's on lock down because there is someone with a gun roaming the halls. Each chapter is written from the point of view of one of five main characters, a teenage girl, a teacher, the mother of the girl, the girl's grandfather and a local female police officer. It's really clever.

I'm reading One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf at the moment. It's about a school that's on lock down because there is someone with a gun roaming the halls. Each chapter is written from the point of view of one of five main characters, a teenage girl, a teacher, the mother of the girl, the girl's grandfather and a local female police officer. It's really clever.
That sounds really good , did u get in on the kindle store? Xxx

Just finished Shopaholic to the Stars, so annoying its left for a sequel!!

That sounds really good , did u get in on the kindle store? Xxx
I didn't but I'm sure you probably could. I still like buying books in a book store. :)

It's a very good book so far I must say. I've gotten back into reading recently when I had some time off work.

I'm on the 5th book of The Girl In The Box Series on kindle. Really enjoying it. The first 3 parts are free from the kindle store and then it's £2.99 per book.

Just finished reading 'Daughter' which I really enjoyed! Had a book club meeting yesterday and a really good discussion about it! Our next book is going to be 'the Cuckoo's Calling' by Robert Galbraith (pseudoname J.K. Rowling). It's had rave reviews so will be interesting to see how she fares as a crime writer- mind you that Voldemort was a bit of a crim lol x Currently however I'm reading Lynda Bellingham's book!! Heavy subject matter but one I really wanted to read. So honest and heartfelt! X

Finished Lynda Bellingham's book- really glad I read it-something just told me to!! Sad but startlingly honest, with a touch of humour to help her cope with her loved ones' pain! Inspiring!

I've now started A Cuckoo's Calling which so far is gripping me!! In true J.K. Rowling style the characterisation, imagination and attention to detail is outstanding! It's reeling me in and I'm excited to read on....x

Just finished 'The Sunrise' by Victoria Hislop, really enjoy her books, a touch of history and romance while being set in a civil war/leper colony.
Will start 'The Travelling Teashop' by Belinda Jones tonight x

The Butterfly Box by Santa Montefiore.
Brilliant book really enjoying it x

I'm reading some health books at the mo.The one I'm reading now is

Dropping Acid: The Reflux Diet Cookbook & Cure by Jamie Koufman,Jordan Stern and Marc Bauer.:)

That sounds interesting, my 2 year old son has problems with reflux which medication doesn't seem to be stopping so will be lookjng this up x

Reading the Rosie Effect - so far as funny as the first and just finished the new Peter May - really interesting story.

Back