What's everyone reading at the moment?

I've just finished "The point of rescue" by Sophie Hannah.I read her other 2 books and enjoyed them,but couldn't wait to finish this one,not really sure why?It didn't make me want to keep reading.
Next I'm going to read "Down River" by John Hart.:)

:) Hi, everyone!

I just finished Boris Johnson's "The Dream of Rome", am currently reading "A Walk in Ancient Rome" by John T. Cullen and "The Last Gospel", fictin by David Gibbins, and picked up "The Bone Garden" by Tess Gerritsen. I usually have several books on the go at a time.

i just finished Duma Key by Stephen King, scared the bayjesus outta me, had to sleep with the light on! great story tho.

Oooh I just read that! With the 2 authors and the agent right? I got it out of the library 2 weeks ago at the same time as 5 others (I read books very quickly), I love Marian Keyes too :D

Yip, read it liked it. Also like Last Chance Saloon by her and liked it. She's not bad. :D

Just finshed 'The Five people you meet in Heaven' Mitch Albom -I know ppl who haved LOVED this book -me? Nope. Thanks anyway lol

And 'The Arrival of Fergal Flynn' by Brian Kennedy -not being a fan of his music I was only reading it out of curiosity. It was brilliant!

I am trying to get "The Scarlet Letter" started. It is not easy.

Oh My god but sooo worth the effort!! I LOVE 'The Scarlet Letter'...keep an eye out for the rose bush beside the prison -such a brilliant image (freedom and nature growing against and despite man made supressions)..oh Love it..just love it lol:eek:

Hi, just finished Malice by Danielle Steele, fantastic book full of romance and strife and keeps u stuck until u finish it. I just love and cant get enough of her books.

I've never read Danielle Steele either lol -though myfriend loves her books -Imust dig one out somewhere and give it a go.

Oh My god but sooo worth the effort!! I LOVE 'The Scarlet Letter'...keep an eye out for the rose bush beside the prison -such a brilliant image (freedom and nature growing against and despite man made supressions)..oh Love it..just love it lol:eek:

Wow, your enthusiasm is wonderful! It makes me happy to pick up this book again and try some more. Thank you for the suggestion of watching for the rose bush. This book may be fun to read, after all!

I love Karin Slaughter books, they are fab!
Just finished reading 'The Night Watch' By Sarah Waters, she is a fantastic author, and now i am on to 'Monarchy' By David Starkey, i am a terrible book worm, go through at least 2- 3 books a week! Will read anything and everything.

In a charity shop a year or two ago I spied a 2in1 marian keyes hardback copy of watermelon and lucy sullivan is getting married so am about to start it (yeah I know shame on me after two years lol). Have read both before but maybe 5 yrs back so will be refreshing. Was looking to start the other side of the story for first time but can't find it (organised chaous)!

I'm reading "the gift" by ceceila ahern, not that far thru it but its gripping. I also read the richard hammond auto recently, was fab, not something i would normally read but i really rated it.

Hi all, I am reading the pilots wife: Anita Shreve.... loving it so far!

Anne-Marie

Oh man I am reading two of the most inspiring books I have ever read/come across...so far, that is...Ultramarathon Man and 50/50 by Dean Karnazes, he is my newest 'hero'...and because of his inspiration I am determined to do triathlon and a half marathon next year and a marathon before I die and also start trail running and maybe mountain biking...

I have just finished Northern Lights by Philip Pullman. This is the book that has been made in to the film 'The Golden Compass'. I came across it in a charity shop and remembered somebody telling me all about the trilogy that this is the first book of and I was intrigued.

I was nicely surprised. Much like the Harry Potter books, it is a child's book that isn't too childish for adult readers. And the authors imagination is unbelievable.

I have just picked up Al Murray's Guide to British Common Sense. A light read but absolutely hilarious. I love the stand up comedy this bloke does as his persona The Pub Landlord.

Back