Whats everyones diet?

Are you all just generally eating the right foods? or on a specific diet?
Im a little unsure what to do, struggled for the last few years with weight, on and off weightwatchers, now at my heaviest!

Thanks in advance for any help!
x

hey i calorie count :) done slimming world and weight watchers before too :) x

I'm using a cyclical ketogenic diet or a protein sparing modified fast...similar to atkins...this week I have cycled off it completely as I am not going to the gym and I thought it time to refill my glycogen stores properly so I can recover from the hard training I have been doing since last year...rest, recover and then train hard again come Monday...oh I also eat clean, which means processed food is kept to the minimum, so almost none at all...processed food that is...I am 'dieting' for endurance and also to cut my body fat percentage to increase my performance and also so I get more muscle definition (sooo want some abs to show sometime?! And yes I am female...)

Hi, don't loose hope there's a way and a means out there for all of us. At the moment i'm on a short fast to sort out my mindset and relationship with food. Only 3 more days to go and i'll be jumping for joy if energy levels permit lol. I'll be going on to a food based vlcd and see how that goes and if it suits me. One thing i'm sure of is that there is no golden bullet that suits everyone, and i'm fairly open to diets as long as they meet a good standard nutritional criteria. Not into all this faddy nonsense, been there done that and plunged with epic fail back to my old ways.

Keep on trying and you'll find something that works for you.

I`m just cutting out all the bad (but yummy) stuff & exercising more. I never stick to a slimming class & can`t really afford the classes at the moment anyway.

I did WW and now and just eating healthily with absolutely NO junk or processed rubbish. I'm feeling better for it too.

I`m just cutting out all the bad (but yummy) stuff

No food is bad (apart of course for trans fats, which are very very bad)...it is the quantities of it that can be bad...everything in moderation...

I'm doing Paul McKenna's ICMYT - so I eat whatever it is I want to at the time. In the very start I ate a lot less healthily than I do now, but now mostly the things I want are good quality fresh whole foods, balanced meals and occasionaly treats.

i am on lipotrim well technically i am refeeding but hey ho

My diet was low calorie but it is now low carb too. To be honest I am finding it a pain as I can't find suitable foods so just end up eating yoghurt , veg and water

My diet was low calorie but it is now low carb too. To be honest I am finding it a pain as I can't find suitable foods so just end up eating yoghurt , veg and water

I'm not sure you should do low carb and low calorie...you need protein from somewhere and this usually ups the calories somewhat...or are you vegetarian? Low carb usually means higher protein, because if something is lowered you need to up something somewhere else...usually...low carb low calorie could end up not very nutritionally sound, even reading what you end up eating points to this...are you supplementing with a multivitamin and mineral? Sorry, just concerned...

I'm not sure you should do low carb and low calorie...you need protein from somewhere and this usually ups the calories somewhat...or are you vegetarian? Low carb usually means higher protein, because if something is lowered you need to up something somewhere else...usually...low carb low calorie could end up not very nutritionally sound, even reading what you end up eating points to this...are you supplementing with a multivitamin and mineral? Sorry, just concerned...

Thanks for responding. Low carb is a diet I must follow for health reasons but from a nutritional point of view I am eating badly. I don't have an appetite , hate eggs and being vegetarian means the types of food I used to eat eg pasta , bread , cereal , rice etc Are off limits most of the time. I did eat 2 pieces of bread today after exercising! Quorn pieces with mushrooms and a packet of crisps. Awful but typical if I am being honest(I usually eat veg and tomatoes rather than bread)I think I will have to get used to eating omelettes. And try Tofu again.
I take a multivitamin most days

im on no proffesioanal diet...

but i have been taking advise on the good people on this forum and have changed what i eat. instead of having a huge lunch for brekfast, i now have cereal every morning with cornflakes and milk (i know you guys have told me to get porridge, i tried to get some from tescos today but i was too scared it was gonna taste bad, but i will try to get it again).

i am a regular customer of bananas and grapes now. and i made a very important discovery this week, the more later you eat a banana, the more delecius it becomes. infact im thinking of replacing my lunch or dinner with a big portion of fruit.

i also run pretty much everyday now, but i am only able to do a certain amount because my foot starts hurting, but i do as much as my body can handle. and i would recomend running (or something equivalent) to anyone wanting to loose weight. there are so many benifits, obviosly it speeds up weight loss. but it makes you swet aswell, which im told has lots of healthy benifits. i been running for about 1 week now and i can see the skin on my face is a bit clearer. i think my hair is also getting slightly stronger and better defined.

and the other thing i been doing is started weight lifting, again thanks to the well informed good people on these forums. muscels from what i heard, make you burn more calories and fat. i cant coment on that with me, but i have noticed my arms have gone huge after a few days of light weight training.

personly i dont want my diet to control the state of my body i.e. i would like to eat what i want when i want. most of my life i was able to do that, and i want to return to that state.

and o yes ive also been doing about 100-200 situps per day, and about 60 pushups.

i have a gastric band, ive had it 4 years and was my last attempt to loose weight as traditional diets didnt work on a long term basis for me, im now starting to get where i want to be with my weight.

I am on the slimming world plan. I have lost 13lb's in 7 weeks which I think is very slow...I would like to have lost more but 13lb lost is better than 13lb gained lol ...... good luck on your journey.

hi liz, if u dont me askin, what is a gastric band?

its basically weight loss surgery, its a small band thats put around the top of the tummy forming a small food pouch at the top of the stomach, it can be ajusted, it restricts the food portions that i can eat.
firn britton has a band off "this morning"
this was a last resort for me to loose weight.

liz x

Back