Whats for tea tonight?

For us tonite:-

Chilli Quorn Non-Carne (and no kidney beans - as they are yucky!!) SYN free with Rice

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tonight we're going to have roast pork, lots of veg, roast SW pots and gravy :) OH will have a yorkshire with his

Kieragh1515 said:
Out for big lunch today so if I'm hungry enough later it will be salmon & asparagus done in the actifry. (had a dream about my actifry, god I've obviously nothing else goin on in my life lol)

I really must look at getting one of these, I am reading so many posts about them... I shall investigate further...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Pasta salad using leftover chicken from last nights roast and loads of veg :)

Should be enough for lunch tomorrow too

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey

It's made in a pan but with not much water with lid on and it kinda steams...you basically won't have any water to drain at the end...which I have always been used too :) and it's like sticky so perfect for Chinese as well if your using chopsticks :)

The general rule it says (have made it twice now and perfect both times)

1 cup of rice to 1 1/2 cups of water bring to the boil on med heat once boiled turn down to med low heat with a lid on a slant to let steam out...leave it for a couple of mins and check...when you see the holes/craters on top turn heat down low put the lid on fully and leave again for about 5 mins and keep fluffing up the rice with a fork. It may stick a tiny bit too the bottom but trust me it's beautiful. Definitely going to start experimenting with egg fried drive and pilau rice now I got the basics right x
Hope this helps ;-)

Is that with white rice or brown? We only eat the brown one here... so everything takes 100000000x longer. ;)

Shrimpy said:
Is that with white rice or brown? We only eat the brown one here... so everything takes 100000000x longer. ;)

Hey shrimpy

It's White basmati rice... All our pasta is wholemeal but never tried brown rice will have to give that a go x

SW chips and gravy. Feels so naughty, but only costs 2 syns. :)

Am having stirfry again, leftover from yesterday :D

Beef in black bean sauce and chicken and mushrooms. No idea syn value on red. Can't be huge?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *4st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Ok actifry round 2! And oh my gosh.... Delicious again.

Had rosemary & garlic roast potatoes, roasted carrots, parsnips, courgettes, sugar snaps & asparagus all done in actifry in frylight, a-mazing.

Also did dry fried salmon fillet coated with..... Leftover kfc paste I had in fridge! Yummiest sw dinner I've had yet by a mile :)

Attachments

• image-1638729363.jpg
    image-1638729363.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 101
Back