Whats for tea tonight?

on a red day - gonna try joe's chicken in pepper sauce and will have with trees(broccoli) and sprouts nom nom

LOL My son (3) calls broccoli trees too! And for a twist on the Joe's peppered meats, try chopping them up and frying then add a little bit of milk to make a pepper sauce, tastes great in an asda wholemeal wrap (4.5) for a not so naughty treat, or just fry the steaks as normal then add the milk, once they're cooked, for a yummy sauce to go over the top of the steaks.

Tonight we are having pitta pizza, SW chips, and beans, with fried mushrooms, onion and tomatoes.

Back to normal cooking today as Mum has gone home :(
So tonight I'm thinking HM beefburgers with roasted veg for me and I'll make them into meatballs and pasta for OH

2 jacket potatoes with leftover quorn chilli from last night

I've just made Kedgeree (after trying it for the first time at the local Bistro's Christmas Eve buffet and falling in love with the combination of flavours).
It's come out splendidly. Jamie Oliver did say to put lemon juice in but I didn't have any, so have done without and it's still lovely.

I'm having it as a green meal, with the haddock as my B choices for today. Can't wait to eat it now!!!

Reading this thread doesnt half make you peckish!!

I had my first ever green day today and because i am at work, i made some Homemade Lentil Pate this morning and took it in with me, was lovely!

on a green day so having sw chips mushy peas and gravy x

***hee hee this ended up being cooked by the chippy.......bless em! ***

Last edited:
I'm going for Cod in parsley sauce....it's a first so could be a disaster!!!

Would love the recipe for the lentil pate too, sounds so yummy!

It'll be leftover chilli and a jacket for me tonight!

Last night was beef chilli- 2 syns for the oil and chorizo in it. Had a wrap and guacamole with it as still in Xmas mode!
Tonight I'm doing egg fried rice with leftover duck, ham and chicken from Xmas and boxing day !

baked potato, sweetcorn and tuna :D

Something small as my tummy can't take much food after Christmas, probably skinless chicken thighs with tandoori spices and vegetables.

Back