Whats for tea tonight?

No using the chips as an HEB 197g. Cant cope with ee I am a really fussy ****** ha ha

hollys nan said:
No using the chips as an HEB 197g. Cant cope with ee I am a really fussy ****** ha ha

That's interesting. How does that work? I am looking in my book, am I right looking at the 198g new potatoes with skins on?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's interesting. How does that work? I am looking in my book, am I right looking at the 198g new potatoes with skins on?

Kx

Thats what i thought, when i have a red day i will only have a jacket potato or new potatoes as my HE B.

I've just had a sort of cross between cottage pie and chicken pie. Chopped up chicken with lots of veg (onions, leeks, sweetcorn & peas) mixed with some gravy and topped with mashed potato & grated cheese then baked in the oven. It was delicious!

Chicken Jamboree (SE stylee)
Chicken, mountain of mushrooms, onions, carrots and stock

Cheese burgers with syn free BBQ sauce and sweet potatoe and normal potatoe sw chips & rice pudding for dessert very nice

We had the lasagne from the last SW mag. It was nice, but a bit dry. Easy to correct for next time so will definitely try again. :)

boring spag bol 2nite but very full now :) xxx

juicygooseface said:
boring spag bol 2nite but very full now :) xxx

Hey Juice,

It's not at all boring - lol - it's my daughters favourite dinner ( and we had it yesterday ;). )

Kx

We had roast pork and loads of free veg, then I made "apple amber" from an old SW book, which is 2 syns though we had half each so probably 4 syns! It was okay, might put lemon in the apple next time:)

Hey Juice,

It's not at all boring - lol - it's my daughters favourite dinner ( and we had it yesterday ;). )

Kx

aww bless! my daughter likes it too, although i dont put all the spices in hers as i dont think shed like it lol xxxx

Kx

I have always done this! A jacket potatoe is 227g I think off the top of my head so I once peeled a potato weighing that amount and it reduced it to 197g so I just used it to make syn free chips. To be honest I cant see that it matters whether its a jacket of syn free chips a spud is a spud. I used to S W years ago and I did this then and have continued to do so now, it certainly hasnt affected my weight loss! It just means I can have a good amount of fish or meat and a few chips or wedges. After all, fry light is free. Happy days!

Apple Amber sound lovely, Do you have the recipe please :)

Apple Amber from S/W Delicious Desserts
454g cooking apples
2 level tbsp water
1 clove (optional),I used cinnamon
Simmer apples in water until pulpy (with the clove/cinnamon)
Add sweetener if wished, beat mixture.
Add 2 egg yolks to apple mixture mixing in well and bake at reg 4 (180c) for 30 mins, or until set.
Meanwhile whisk 2 egg whites until stiff and add 3 level tbsp sweetener, folding in.
Spoon on top of apple mixture and bake for 20mins.

Mine came out all puffy and looked lovely!
I would add something else to the apple, maybe lemon/orange but me and hubbie loved it:D

Says 2 syns per serving,on any day, serves 4

I had Salmon fillet with Green breans, peas, brocoli, cauliflower, sweetcorn & boiled potatos. Went o my mums and she makes loads of veg lol x

Good old Toad in the hole and maybe a salad or mash and veg

Kx

Back