Whats for tea tonight?

If you do spag bol in the slow cooker do you need to cook the mince before hand? Or do you just put all the raw ingredients into it?

I make my sauce first and blend (kids don't like bits) then brown my mince then put it all in the slow cooker for the day so the sauce has plenty time to get nice and thick.

Trying out a free chilli tonight. Believe it or not I've never had chilli before so should be interesting. It looks nice anyway.

Do I have to syn a small tin of red kidney beans in chilli sauce though? (Couldn't find any normal ones in the cupboard and I usually add the chilli ones to baked beans when we have baked potatoes.)

I'm gonna make a chicken and bacon risotto later with onions, garlic and peppers through it and prob serve it with some brocolli, yum yum, really lookin forward to it! xx

Maverick said:
I'm gonna make a chicken and bacon risotto later with onions, garlic and peppers through it and prob serve it with some brocolli, yum yum, really lookin forward to it! xx

Oh do you have a recipe for this. I have never made risotto and this sounds yum!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I make my sauce first and blend (kids don't like bits) then brown my mince then put it all in the slow cooker for the day so the sauce has plenty time to get nice and thick.
Ah right, so you have to cook it first :( if it was a case of bung it all in and leave it that would have been great but I might as well just do it the normal way if you've gotta do that all first anyway :(

Massive steak with broccoli and ratatouille (Red day) made a lemon & lime mousse for pud (fat free fromage frais and lemon & lime sugar free jelly) 1/2 syn per serving.

Stir 'fry' with pepper, garlic, spring onions, beansprouts, sweetcorn (+anything else I can think of) & soy sauce, all on a bed of brown rice. Adding chicken in for son#2, but not having any myself (green day) Hope it's tasty I'm hungry :D

chicken korma & rice

Tesco simply cook lamb shank in mint gravy, boiled potatoes, swede & carrot mash, curly kale and red cabbage (found a recipe using red cabbage, apple & onion so need to work out the syns for the apple).

Went to Tesco late yesterday and got lots of reduced produce that I've never tried before (curly kale is one of them and I've only ever eaten pickled red cabbage). Managed to get a few ready prepared tropical fruit salad tubs and also fresh dragon fruit, papaya & figs so gonna try them with a bit of ff fromage fraise for afters. Hubby will not know what has hit him! :D

Have to say I've always been happy to try new foods but now even more so since starting SW plan.
The lamb shanks are lovely arent they? I am having another one tonight with potatoes and carrots. And they are free as well.

Potatogirl said:
Trying out a free chilli tonight. Believe it or not I've never had chilli before so should be interesting. It looks nice anyway.

Do I have to syn a small tin of red kidney beans in chilli sauce though? (Couldn't find any normal ones in the cupboard and I usually add the chilli ones to baked beans when we have baked potatoes.)

The tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce are free on EE. They are my fav ;-)

JoC said:
Massive steak with broccoli and ratatouille (Red day) made a lemon & lime mousse for pud (fat free fromage frais and lemon & lime sugar free jelly) 1/2 syn per serving.

Ooh can I have the recipe for the mousse? That sounds lovely :) x

Lamb Doner kebab, HEB Pitta, coleslaw, salad, chilli sauce & garlic Mayo - I can't wait

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

2 chicken breasts made with Maggi 'So Juicy' mix, salad made with 1 pepper, 1 baby gem lettuce, some spring onions and half a jar of beetroot, with half a pack of savoury rice.

steak, new potatoes/or a jacket/ pepper sauce 4 syns and sweetcorn and mushrooms mmmmmmm followed by fruit mmmmmm

Back