Whats for tea tonight?

At my Dad's for tea and supposed to be having spag Bol. However, I've recently found out I can't eat pasta and this morning decided to do a green day (?!).

I'm having veg instead of pasta and a baked pot. Do you reckon I just syn the spag Bol for the oil? I have a HEXB left!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Chicken and Vegetable pasta in a creamy tomato sauce :drool: Gorgeous and 100% free!

I am going to cook Gammon with any fat cut off in the oven with smallish potato chunks with a mix of herbs sprinkled over them to give them a bit more taste, fried mushrooms (using light spray oil) with garlic, Baked Beans and a mix of salad!!
Has anyone got any other suggestions of making a meal out of some nice pieces of gammon???

Last edited:
I am going to cook Gammon with any fat cut off in the oven with smallish potato chunks with a mix of herbs sprinkled over them to give them a bit more taste, fried mushrooms (using light spray oil) with garlic, Baked Beans and a mix of salad!!
Has anyone got any other suggestions of making a meal out of some nice pieces of gammon???

Gammon stir-fry maybe? Big hit with my hubby :)

Homemade vegetarian chilli ( not a vegetarian but just fancied a change..)

t11cky said:

I'm pretty sure there is a recipe around (if not I will look it up!) but a couple of things -
Chicken and gammon stew
Chicken and gammon pie (done like a shepherds pie)
Gammon and lentil soup
Gammon and pea risotto
Gammon and pineapple on a stick to snack on :D

Hope this helps somewhat! Xx

Minks ;)

I'm pretty sure there is a recipe around (if not I will look it up!) but a couple of things -
Chicken and gammon stew
Chicken and gammon pie (done like a shepherds pie)
Gammon and lentil soup
Gammon and pea risotto
Gammon and pineapple on a stick to snack on :D

Hope this helps somewhat! Xx

Minks ;)

Again thanks, I do like the sound of Chicken and Gammon stew and chicken and gammon pie!! I will look into these, Thanks!!
Oh is that the time I better start peeling potatoes as my Mrs will be home in about an hour!!

getting a shop in a bit, made a list of stuff to get to make some of the dishes in the latest mag. not sure which one to have tonight, will see how I feel later. I think it's a toss up between the sticky pork and noodles, steak with potatoes and veg, linguine with prawns and chickpea curry. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back