Whats for tea tonight?

Gorgeous green day tea, hexb topside sliced beef, mustard mash, mushy peas, sprouts, cabbage, carrots, fried onion

Attachments

• image-155053884.jpg
    image-155053884.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 110
Bunnylush said:
Gorgeous green day tea, hexb topside sliced beef, mustard mash, mushy peas, sprouts, cabbage, carrots, fried onion

Mmmmm mustard mash!

Just had Thal Philly Prawn dish with jasmine rice - took very little time to make and was yummy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kwise1 said:
Just had Thal Philly Prawn dish with jasmine rice - took very little time to make and was yummy

Whats the recipe and syn value? It sounds amazing x

sully123 said:
Whats the recipe and syn value? It sounds amazing x

Hi sully - 1 think it's on my recipe thread - but basically :-
serves 2
You cook a cup of jasmine rice (with salt) - bring it to the boil.

In a separate pan frylight the HEXB of tiger prawns per person for 3 mins. Then add 1 tin chopped toms, 2 Tblsp dry white wine & 4 dessert spoons of Red Thai Curry Paste. Cook on a very high heat. Once rice is almost ready, take prawn mix off job and stir in 1 HEA per person Philadelphia original.
Drain rice and serve - 1 HEA, 1 HEB & 3 syns syns in total per person (1.5 syns per person)

Deelish and soooo quick!!

Mmm thank you! Will defo be trying this!! Can you buy jasmine rice or do you make it? I've only ever had it in Thai restaurants.

I had the veggie curry from the extra easy recipe book, in the slow cooker.

It was ok, a bit boring tbh. It felt like it was missing something.

sully123 said:
Mmm thank you! Will defo be trying this!! Can you buy jasmine rice or do you make it? I've only ever had it in Thai restaurants.

I buy jasmine rue by the 20kg in an international supermarket - Asiana Nottingham. You can buy small packets is Tesco but it is extortionately priced.

ellierose988 said:
I had the veggie curry from the extra easy recipe book, in the slow cooker.

It was ok, a bit boring tbh. It felt like it was missing something.

As a veggie I find veggie curries boring. Usually cos the protein is missing. I use quorn, paneer, beans such as chickpeas or soya chunks to make sure it has bulk.. Otherwise I'm hungry again not long after.

Rosemary & red onion sausage, SW chips and baked beans followed by a bowl of melon and grapes......nommy!! :)

Does anyone else have a fussy OH? I seem to find myself cooking virtually 2 separate meals some nights....

Rosemary & red onion sausage, SW chips and baked beans followed by a bowl of melon and grapes......nommy!! :)

Does anyone else have a fussy OH? I seem to find myself cooking virtually 2 separate meals some nights....

Hey Cazran - I think I am one of the lucky ones, my OH will eat pretty much anything and actually likes a lot of the SW recipes that I put to him (we both make them) and we usually tweak them as we go but always stick to SW. His thinking is that he will eat what I am eating and then if he is still hungry later he will go and make a piece or something!!!

WI tonight so OH is making Crusty Chicken, Tarragon & Garlic Pie. Not adjusted to SW yet but can do that when I get in so here's hoping it is not too bad as it is a lovely dish and really flavoursome!!!

He will eat some things but hates most veg and will sit and pick it all out which annoys me immensely so I have to try and adapt his or use massive chunks of veg that can be easily spotted and removed lol.

He will eat some things but hates most veg and will sit and pick it all out which annoys me immensely so I have to try and adapt his or use massive chunks of veg that can be easily spotted and removed lol.
My son does that with mushrooms, I put them in lasagne and stuff and chop them up as small as whatever mince I'm using,and he still sits there picking them out and saying "I don't mind the taste, it's just the texture"..... They're too bloody small to have any texture, I could poke him in the eye I really could, but he's bigger than me so I won't!

Haa, that's exactly the response I get! I try so hard to sneak in bits and pieces but he claims he almost choked to death on a pea once so veg is dangerous.....

Back