Whats for tea tonight?

Cottage pie made with lentils topped with ordinary and sweet potatoes mixed and veg.

Alycyn1980 said:
Here you go - courtesy of Slimming Eats webpage

I add in bacon or chicken and extra veg to make it a complete meal & use half the recipe - you still get a lovely bake and not so eggy!! (if adding meat obviously the Green Syn value will change unless using HEx's)

Lentil Cheddar Bake
Slimming Eats Recipe
Serves 4
Green - 1 HEa per serving
Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving

Ingredients
200g of red lentils
112g of cheddar
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
some fresh coriander
black pepper and salt to season
2 eggs
Frylight or Pam spray

Method
Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
Place red lentils in saucepan cover with water and cook until softened.
In the meantime, spray a frying pan with frylight or Pam spray and cook the onion, red pepper and garlic for approx 4 mins.
Once lentils are softened, drain any remaining liquid and add them to a bowl.
Add the onion, red pepper and garlic, plus some freshly chopped coriander and season with some salt and black pepper.
Add the cheddar and the eggs and mix thoroughly.
Spray a round baking tray (or this also works well in a meatloaf tin) with some Frylight or Pam, add the mixture and bake in the oven till it is golden and set. Approx 30 mins.
Cut into 4 quarters and serve with a mixed salad.

Thanks! Will def be trying that this next week x

Tawny75 said:
I am doing chicken curry with rice, I just need to make sure the rice is nice and fluffy and not a congealed mess!

You should cook it in the microwave, mine always comes out good :)

I've got jacket potato with spicy mixed beans and salad, with a Hartleys jelly and strawberries for pud

Sarah

Omlette and salad. Went in a bit of a wine bender yesterday :-(

Spaghetti bolognese from the mag, got so used to making it by throwing in passata and a packet mix for the three of us i decided to go back to basics. Never seen as much veg!

Just made a huge pot of chilli meatballs in a chilli tomato sauce with mixed beans. NOW LET THEM COMPLAIN IT IS TOO BLAND.......!

Gammon steak, mashed potato, mushy peas, mushrooms, fresh pineapple and an egg. If I've any room left after that I'll be having a coconut and chocolate sprinkles muller light :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lg-24-12 said:
Gonna Try Chickpea Dahl Loaf..Prob have it with Couscous :)

Where'd you get the recipe?

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Tuna pasta salad with lots of green leaves and red onion. Which I also had for lunch. Which I also had for breakfast! Pasta monster! Ahhhh.

Chicken, spinach and pepper curry, sweet potato and red onion bhajis, brown basmati rice, coriander and lime pickle

wpid-IMAG2262-1.jpg

i had a jacket potato,leftover roast chicken,lettuce and cherry tomatoes and a banana chopped up in a vanilla yogurt for afters

Back