Whats for tea tonight?

Sounds good! I make mine the same way but minus the chicken stock and pasta liquid. Does it create a sauce if adding the stock?

vintagepockets said:
Sounds good! I make mine the same way but minus the chicken stock and pasta liquid. Does it create a sauce if adding the stock?

The pasta water works a treat! Jamie Oliver thought me that :) it makes things stick to the pasta amazingly well. I find the combination of pasta water, egg and parmesan is perfect when your using the pasta water. It doesn't need any quork or fromage frais etc!

I had gammon, HEXB potato wedges, fried egg and fried red pepper, mushrooms and red onion (it's a red day today).

Here you go :)

Spaghetti Carbonara
Serves 3

Spaghetti
3 Eggs
Bacon
Onions - sliced
Garlic
200ml Chicken stock
Pasta liquid
6 tbsp Parmesan - 9 syns

Fry onion, bacon and garlic.
Cook pasta and reserve cup of liquid.
Beat eggs, chicken stock, stir in cheese and pasta liquid carefully so not to scramble eggs.
Stir pasta into bacon mix then add egg mix being careful to gently heat for 1 min.

thank you, will put this in myplanner to try next week, i always worry the eggs will scramble!!

Leftover lasagne and slimming world chips with roasted carrots! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tonight I am going to try the cod with tomato sauce out the latest mag, tried the stuffed peppers last night switched the cheddar to Stilton and syned it was delish have left over peppers for lunch today.

Going out for dinner tonight- saving all my Syns and considering having a vegetable lasagne with a salad (7 Syns) mmm!

Loopeylou said:
Here you go :)

Spaghetti Carbonara
Serves 3

Spaghetti
3 Eggs
Bacon
Onions - sliced
Garlic
200ml Chicken stock
Pasta liquid
6 tbsp Parmesan - 9 syns

Fry onion, bacon and garlic.
Cook pasta and reserve cup of liquid.
Beat eggs, chicken stock, stir in cheese and pasta liquid carefully so not to scramble eggs.
Stir pasta into bacon mix then add egg mix being careful to gently heat for 1 min.

I made this the other day , but for my sauce I blended a tub of xtra light cottage cheese with the eggs and a little bit of cheese with salt and pepper.
It was really nice, but will try your recipe next time :)

Red day - Chicken stew, wedges (HExB) carrot & swede mash, broccoli & a Yorkshire pudding (2.5!

slimmerme74 said:
Tonight I am going to try the cod with tomato sauce out the latest mag, tried the stuffed peppers last night switched the cheddar to Stilton and syned it was delish have left over peppers for lunch today.

The cod does look really tasty :)

skinnylegs said:
Oh that sounds nice, what's the recipe?

I don't have a recipe as such, I just make it as I go!

1pack of extra lean steak mince( mixed with an egg and salt and pepper)
Make into meatballs and dry fry.

BBQ sauce

Fry a couple of chopped onions and some garlic In frylight till soft,pour in half a big bottle of diet cola, add a tin of tomatoes,a tsp of mustard powder,3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar,2 tbsp Worcester sauce,2tbsp of soy sauce,2chicken stock cubes, some tomatoe purée and any other seasonings that you want to add.
Let this bubble away till it reduces and gets thicker, this can take a while !
When ready mix with the meatballs and cooked pasta,grate some synned cheese over the top and bake till heated through.

Hope that's ok :)

Back