WHAT'S YOUR FAVE FILM??

Life is Beautiful. It's in italian and is the most heartbreakingly beautiful film! if you ever get the time I really recommend it! It's set during WW2 and the jews are being sent to concentration camps. It's about how through all that love and family keep you alive! sniff.

Also, Persepolis. It's an amazing amazing film and made me laugh so much!

I could write forever and forever and films lol. but i won't.

Life is Beautiful. It's in italian and is the most heartbreakingly beautiful film! if you ever get the time I really recommend it! It's set during WW2 and the jews are being sent to concentration camps. It's about how through all that love and family keep you alive! sniff.
I saw that film recently... you are right, it is brilliant. It was really funny too, especially when the father was translating for the Nazis even though he did not understand a word of german.
I dont usually watch foreign films but that one is definitely well worth the effort of reading the subtitles!!!!:D

Yay

I Love Movies. At The Moment I Have 150 Dvds :D But Am Going To Buy More When I Lose A Bit More Weight As A Treat.
Shawshank Redemption is Awesome. Another Similar Movie To That Is "The Animal Factory" Thats Also Pretty Good.

My All Time Favourites Are "The Hairy Bird" AND "Cry Baby" (<3 Johnny Depp At Like 20 Years Old)

I Also Love The Hip Hop Ones, Step up 1 & 2, Stomp The Yard.

And The Classis Love Storys, The Notebook, A Cinderella Story, Ever After.

And My New Favourite Is
Alvin And The Chipmunks :D

153610__crybaby_l.jpg

:drool: hehehe

:giggle:

Depends on my mood but here goes:
Cocktail
Never Ending Story
Phantom of the Opera
Stardust (new , not David Essex one!!)
Dirty Dancing
The Green Mile
The Shawshank Redemption

I could go on, but most watched of late is Phantom as I treated myself to it on bluray, full Hd, 1080p. The colours are awesome & o vibrant, utterly brings it alive. Pure escapism.......

Love Actually

All the films listed are fab

My fave was Bridget Jones.............until I saw SATC on the big screen - all those shoes..........

ooh your right toots, the shoes AND DRESSES were fab!! one of my favourite films is The Green Mile, and I also love the Shawshank Redemption. Went to see the new batman film - not too impressed!

I loved the dark night, though it was fab! Heath Ledger as the joker was brilliant, makes me sad :eek:(

Let's see if I can do a list of 20 (there are so many faves and loves and wows and ooh that made mes...)

In no particular order:
The Matrix (no, no forget the follow ups they suck big fat toe!)
Alien Quadrilogy
Pi
Paranoid Park
Last Tango in Paris
Spirited Away (just throw all the Miyazaki films in here)
Grave of the Fireflies
Feast
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
The Bucket List
City of God
Ichi the Killer
The Revenge Triology (Mr. Vengeance, Old Boy and Lady Vengeance)
Fight Club
Juno
Equilibrium
Audition
Serenity
Das Experiment
Trainspotting

There are obviously many, many more like Some Like it Hot, Cowboy Bebop, Kill Bill vol I & II, Planet Terror and Death Proof, Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, Three Seasons, Vertical Ray of the Sun, Delicatessen, Amelie, Metropolis, Wings of Desire, Blade Runner, Casshern, Azumi, House of Flying Daggers, Fargo, Memento, The Usual Suspects, anything by Guy Ritchie or M. Night Shayamalan, The Layer Cake, Benny & Joon, The Bridges of Madison County and Corpse Bride and my fave Xmas film ever The Nightmare Before Christmas...I could ramble on forever about films.

Last edited:
there's too many to list!

to get all emotional too:

life is beautiful (amazingly funny & the only film i've ever sobbed too!)
ratcatcher (film set in glasgow following a young boy during the binmen strikes - brilliant cinematography)
it's a wonderful life
the elephant man (lynch is GOD)

to laugh to:

the producers (brooks/gene wilder version - gets better with every watch)
beetlejuice
the life of brian/holy grail
the jerk
the man with 2 brains
how to get ahead in advertising

to feel good to:

grease
most doris day films
ghostbusters
willy wonka (gene wilder version)
bob hope and bing crosby films

romantic: